Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would be the worst cutie marks to be stuck with?

cider float

Any reproductive organ. Both internal and external.

Yes a cutie mark that is not suitable for foals to look at that you would have to keep covered at all times because it is obscene for one reason or another. 

Is there really a "worst" cutie mark to get stuck with? Maybe from our perspectives but from the bearer of said cutie mark probably not. There seems to be a misunderstanding of what a cutie mark does. In Bloom and Gloom we actually get a pretty summary of what cutie marks mean: They are what their bearers want them to be and they alone influence that.

That said, in terms of undesirable cutie marks from a broad perspective, I think something like a swastika or very provocative symbol would be pretty bad. You can't love and tolerate hate.

Is there really a "worst" cutie mark to get stuck with? Maybe from our perspectives but from the bearer of said cutie mark probably not. There seems to be a misunderstanding of what a cutie mark does. In Bloom and Gloom we actually get a pretty summary of what cutie marks mean: They are what their bearers want them to be and they alone influence that.

That said, in terms of undesirable cutie marks from a broad perspective, I think something like a swastika or very provocative symbol would be pretty bad. You can't love and tolerate hate.

"Tell that to the flank" - Troubleshoes
  • Brohoof 1

Probably getting like a manhole cutie mark or something. the sewers.

What about a knife with dripping blood? Nopony would go near you if you had a talent for being a murderer.

or youre an awesome butcher...? XD

"Tell that to the flank" - Troubleshoes

Trouble Shoes was a case of misunderstanding (and poor writing unfortunately) on Trouble Shoes' part. He always knew subconsciously that he wanted to be part of the rodeo, he just didn't know how. Otherwise he wouldn't have consistently snuck back to the rodeo year after year. What was mistaken for a curse of clumsiness was his innate goofiness that let others laugh and enjoy him.

I won't defend Appleloosa's Most Wanted but that's the takeaway we are meant to get.

Trouble Shoes was a case of misunderstanding (and poor writing unfortunately) on Trouble Shoes' part. He always knew subconsciously that he wanted to be part of the rodeo, he just didn't know how. Otherwise he wouldn't have consistently snuck back to the rodeo year after year. What was mistaken for a curse of clumsiness was his innate goofiness that let others laugh and enjoy him.

I won't defend Appleloosa's Most Wanted but that's the takeaway we are meant to get.

It's actually really difficult to interpret a horseshoe as having anything to do with a Rodeo, and personally I think they screwd up with their moral here, how exactly is being laughed at for having bad luck better than just having bad luck?
  • Brohoof 1

As much of a cop-out as this sounds, I think it's impossible to end up being stuck with a cutie mark that has no meaning for the one who has it, even though it may be possible to mis-interpret its meaning. My reason for thinking this is because I'm positive that a cutie mark is based on one's calling in life, or vocation if you will, which is an entirely different thing than a career, contrary to what mainstream culture would have you believe. A career is just a fancy word for a job and in real life it's possible to end up with one that matches one's vocation, but it's also more than possible to end up in a job that doesn't. Cutie marks aren't based on a job, but the reason why it might seem that way is that we can see at a glance what a pony's calling is, and they're usually placed in a corresponding job. Essentially, it's just that much easier to tell when a pony is just in a dead-end retail job to make ends meet, and that's probably far less common in Equestria.

This is the kind of fodder you tell foals when they do something wrong...  Be careful, if you do X(example: bully other ponies on the playground), you might get a cutie mark in it. 

Really though, that could keep the young ponies in check.

(edited)

It's actually really difficult to interpret a horseshoe as having anything to do with a Rodeo, and personally I think they screwd up with their moral here, how exactly is being laughed at for having bad luck better than just having bad luck?

That's what got to me. I feel like it could be bad writing.

Edited by cider float

(edited)

A cutie mark of a toilet in a garbage can filled with used tampons that's on fire with the sign of the devil on the toilet, the sign of illuminati on the garbage can.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 2

Mayonnaise. Definitely a mayo cutie mark. 

Perhaps a mayo mark would mean you're destined to make the greatest show of all time:

WACKY DELLY!

I'd say the worst mark would be...um....the face of a G3 pony.  I mean, what the hell would that even mean??!

As an easter egg, the writers should throw in a pony with a cutie mark of the MLP:FIM logo.  Also, animated cutie marks need to be a thing.  Cutie gif marks.

A plunger. You basically work on toilets, and a lot of crap puns coming your way!

I came to this thread to say a plunger, but you beat me to it!  :yay: 

• Brohoof 1

Worst cutie mark for me would my office desk or cubicle. It would mean my special talent is wasting away all my waking hours at a job that doesn't pay very  well. Not that I even need a cutie mark for that! 

For a pony tho, worst one... hmmm..  solely based on its design would be a dead pony...for the mortician pony? Shrug.