210 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh, It was okay.
    • I like it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

War is canon.

Also, looks like celestia is afraid of war.

Alicorn magic can beat a bunch of yaks, and I wouldn't be surprised due to the fact the elements of harmony are gone.

The Yak ambassadors are candidates for my least favorite S5 characters---destroying foreign property (of royalty, no less) and threatening war over the smallest of slights, then getting away with everything in the end.

However, at least they became somewhat more likable at the end.

If this were like medieval times they would have been killed for destroying royal property.

It was a bit strange, but i liked it.

Some nice returning characters (seriously, i thought we would never see the cheery pony again) we know that Yaks exist, i thought that Pinkie was really good this episode and it's nice to know that Twilight dosen't freakout over every little thing.

Some of the pacing was odd i have to admit, but it dosen't really throw the whole episode off.

It was a better episode then last weeks, but it's not a great one. But i am still satisfied with it. I give it a thumbs up.

• Brohoof 3

Yup and now that we know about wars being canon this gives me more OC possibilities. :D

Are you going to make a Yak OC? Sounds complicated  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Enjoyable as it is, I don't think it was the best premise to tack a moral onto. Besides not seeming to care that much about proper build up and payoff, the situation felt a little too ridiculous to be taken seriously.

• Brohoof 4

So... Yakyakistan is so far north that no one has ever reached it, yet it's also possible to get there in less than an afternoon, with a big portion of the trip being done on foot?

I didn't really like that episode. The yaks smashing everything got old quick. I'm also not sure how many people will get to apply the episode's moral in real life. If you're inviting an Asian friend to a party, you don't need to serve only Asian food?

The little yak was pretty cute though.

• Brohoof 3

Cheers! I liked it as well an it was enjoyable!

Aye. No episode will be perfect, but even those that fall short have their great moments, and I can see myself watching this one a few times more. :D

ALSO NEW RACE DAMMIT I LOVE IT WHEN MLP DOES THIS!!! <3

• Brohoof 5

Good episode.

Not what I expected from a Pinkie Pie episode really... good in a different way I suppose. The yaks tho... kinda one-note characters, but entertaining on-screen prescences nontheless. Pinkie's journey was probably the best part of the episode, this has gotta be a record for subsequent Cadence appearances in episodes... Cherry Jubile's cameo was appreciated too.

Really liked it. :)

8.5/10

• Brohoof 6

One more, we have Pinkie Pie at her best. Even most of the gags that didn't directly involve Pinkie like Rainbow being tied up burrito style were hilarious, and her epic quests was a thrill be see. Yeah, the yaks destroying stuff got a old very quickly. Just once I wanted one thing to be right to break up the monotone, especially Spike playing the piano. I wanted to believe that was actually him playing, if it had then it would have helped make up for last week's episode.

I also love how many parallels this episode makes between Pinkie Pie and Twilight. Even now these two are near polar opposites, but seeing Pinkie losing her cool twilight-style and just how sheer organized she is when it comes to parties (which, why am I nor surprised she has a secret party planning room?) is a nice bit of character depth.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

This episode was pretty enjoyable to say the least.

Pinkie's journey to Yakyakastan was pretty great especially with the line of her joining in a band that splits due to creative differences. 

Also Pinkie's secret party cave is awesome.

That was pretty funny.

Speaking of humor there were some other great moments as well.  Such as Fluttershy's line of "So do we just walk back up the slide, or what?"  and Twilight's fear of quesadillas.  Also world record of most things broken in under a minute.  They even broke the trophy.

Plus it was fun to see Twilight freak out some more as well as see Pinkie Pie do the same.

Edited by cmarston1

So... Yakyakistan is so far north that no one has ever reached it, yet it's also possible to get there in less than an afternoon, with a big portion of the trip being done on foot?

I didn't really like that episode. The yaks smashing everything got old quick. I'm also not sure how many people will get to apply the episode's moral in real life. If you're inviting an Asian friend to a party, you don't need to serve only Asian food?

The little yak was pretty cute though.

The show has never been consitent with its sense of distance and time. The train to Canterlot only seems to take a few minutes, yet the MMMystery episode has it take all day and all night, and some of the next day.

Are you going to make a Yak OC? Sounds complicated  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

I likely will as well; the challenge is part of the fun. :3

(says the one with a deer OC)

• Brohoof 4

Pinkie Pie was Ringo yet wasn't leading on the Abbey Road cover, 0/10 Worst episode ever, clearly needed to do more research. =P

What I liked:

Pinkie Pie: SHE WAS AWESOME! Loved her when she was nervous and her humor was spot on for me. Crazy yet sane sort of thing.

Twilight: Nervous Twilight returns, not over the top like in Lesson Zero and with good reason for being so nervous

The Humor: save for the Yaks, the humor was great, nice blend of visual and witty humor this episode.

The Beatles!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

The Pinkie Cave and all her info.

What I didn't like:

The Yaks: Way too sensitive and one-note but the ending was nice. Also if you decleare war while in the enemy territory, why didn't Twilight just take him a prisoner of war? 

What was meh:

Ummm the desert instantly gave way to grasslands? That doesn't happen I don't think.

Pinkie's a sheepist. Seriously Pinkie it's the 21st century, that kind of thinking needs to go away.

What I noticed:

Anyone else notice outside of Pinkie and Twilight, there seemed to be a rather strong showing of Fluttershy this episode?

Anyway probably my favorite Pinkie episode and definitively in the top three for the season so far.  This was great! 

• Brohoof 4

Alright, so for this new episode I have better thoughts than last week's one.

First off, I thought that Pinkie's character was really great, the new writer did a great job at her caracter as the episode went along.

For the new type of caracter, the yaks, I thought they were pretty strange at first sight and I thought they were very rude for nothing and at the end I thought they got take cared of too easily.

The humour was great, from Twilight's Lesson Zero's callbacks to funny references.

Pace-wise I thought it was too strange for me to say something about it, so I think I'll take time to analyze a bit more.

TL;DR Great Pinkie Pie episode, beside the Yak caracter who was really idealistic, but I really liked it!

Rating: 8.5/10