Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"You're so cute!"

catnet

If someone said that to you, in a genuine, unpatronizing way... how would you feel? Would you care if most people you knew regarded you as cute too, to the point where cuteness becomes one of your defining characteristics? And do you ever attempt to act cutely, or perhaps does it come naturally to you, whether you want it to or not? :fluttershy:

As for me, I'd be happy- though somewhat shy- if people saw me like that and if I felt that way about myself too... while my online personality can be naturally pretty cute, though, real life is another story... :please:

• Brohoof 6

I would be like:

Stahp it.

That is actually how I am. I have been called cute before and I swear that is one of my weaknesses, it makes me all blushy. :P It is a very nice compliment though, I am just so shy about it. 

• Brohoof 8

I don't get called cute often because well, I don't know. But when I do, it is normally when I am talking to a dude. Then I say "Lies, all lies."

• Brohoof 1

I would be like:

Stahp it.

That is actually how I am. I have been called cute before and I swear that is one of my weaknesses, it makes me all blushy. :P It is a very nice compliment though, I am just so shy about it. 

This basically is how i'd respond as well XD

Cute is not usually a descriptor used to describe me. Mostly because I'm larger than most people, and I think it's possible a better adjective would be "rugged" or just "hairy".

But if I was called cute, I would appreciate the sentiment and the compliment. Though in the back of my mind I know it would be a stretch of the word.

• Brohoof 1

I'd end up feeling bashful and get flustered, I don't receive too many compliments so when I do I'm not use to it and it catches me off guard. So if someone wants to see me get very bashful that's all they'd have to do :P

Cute is very diverse term.  People call a puppy or a kitten or a little girl cute.  But women will also call a gorgeous "hunk" of a man cute, and it doesn't mean he's "girly" looking.

It all depends on tone.  Imagine a woman saying "He's so cute!" in a high pitched, perhaps slightly baby-talk voice.  A voice that goes with a :wub: face.  Then image the same woman saying, "Oh, he is too cute," in a low, sultry voice.  The first could be talking about an adorable child, the second could be talking about Henry Cavill.

I'd love to be called cute, personally.  As a little kid, I was called cute, and it annoyed me.  As an adult, it would be a most flattering compliment.  Plus, if people thought I was cute, then I'd feel like I could better pull off the feminine clothing I like to wear.

• Brohoof 1

LZRD WZRD always says that my voice is cute. At first, it was kind of embarassing, but i got used to it. :)

(edited)

To be honest, I'd be kinda disgusted. Like my current profile picture of Purple Guy from FNAF.

Compliment or not, I find myself pretty ugly with low self-esteem and it doesn't help that I'm anti-social or asocial depending on your own meaning of anti-social. I act completely different in real life than online. My online self I'd use as my true self but being anti-social and quiet in real life I'd be annoyed with someone calling me cute. In Saturday school at my junior high a boy was standing in line behind me for lunch at the end of the day and joked that I was "so cute". I pretended to have bad hearing and he thought so, so he stopped it. It also doesn't help that I'm a Aromantic Asexual. So anything flirty like that is a big no-no for me. :/

Online I would joke it but real life... No way! :P

Anything flirty or compliments like those just annoy me and creep me out sometimes. That boy who joked about that to me was 13 (I think) and I was 12 at the time. Since I'm Aromantic Asexual I'm not into stuff like that.

Even if the person wasn't joking around I'd still be a bit uncomfortable.

I would be like:

Stahp it.

To be honest your pony OC is kawaii like Button Mash as fudge in your profile picture. :3

50284-Oh-stop-it-you-GdE9.png

If someone said that to you, in a genuine, unpatronizing way... how would you feel? Would you care if most people you knew regarded you as cute too, to the point where cuteness becomes one of your defining characteristics? And do you ever attempt to act cutely, or perhaps does it come naturally to you, whether you want it to or not? :fluttershy:

As for me, I'd be happy- though somewhat shy- if people saw me like that and if I felt that way about myself too... while my online personality can be naturally pretty cute, though, real life is another story... :please:

You're basically the Fluttershy senpai of the forums. :3

And you act adorable as fudge online. :3

Edited by GoldenFazbearFreddy
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I'm not a cute person. Tall, hairy, kinda chubby, frown lines on my forehead, squashed feet, complete with a dull look and voice. I'm just not. If anyone called me cute, I would just assume they're lying for whatever reason.

(edited)

I always associate being called cute as a friendzone, which I don't like. Especially if i'm trying to get intimate or move further, haha.  ^_^

Edited by Guest

Nobody ever calls a guy cute, or at least they never did so for me (gg I never got compliments obviously I was butt uglies). I just really want to hear it on the other side of transition... As far as it goes being a girl, I'd probably aim for a cutsey young look right out the gate, so I'd welcome some validation (notice me senpai)!

I would find it weird since I don't view myself as someone who is cute. I would like it though :)

People call me cute all the time, they kind of always have. I used to hate it when I was younger, because kids at school would say it in a condescending way to make fun of me for being smaller and younger. Nowadays though, I like being cute, and when people say it I know it isn't usually a condescension, it's a compliment and one I enjoy receiving  :catface:

• Brohoof 2