Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"You're so cute!"

catnet

I’d take it as a great compliment and would hope there’s some genuine truth to it. If someone else is seeing something positive about me that I’m not aware of, I’d feel pretty good hearing about it. If it was a solid characteristic, I’d be happy to be so-gifted. Sometimes if someone gives me a compliment I don't know how to react so I make some stupid joke instead. 

I'll take it as a compliment if it's from someone I know well enough and could trust not to be some sort of perverted rapist ( though I especially like hearing that I'm cute from my BF :wub: )

But I'd I don't know them that well... I would find them calling me cute at least a little creepy. :eww: 

Edited by Dusklicious

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

There was a woman I worked with at one of my old jobs and, out of nowhere, she just started repeatedly calling me cute one day. Like, everyone quarter-hour-or-so she stopped to tell me I'm cute. I felt pretty confused and I think I asked her at some point why she kept calling me cute, but I don't remember what she said. Probably answered "Because you're so cute." That was the only day she acted weird like that and I liked her a lot as a fellow coworker. At least she didn't make a joke about sucking my... something, like that other girl did :worry: The vast majority of my coworkers were girls/women at that job and they would sometimes say or do goofy stuff to me, like grab me from behind and then laugh when I squealed in surprise (not sexual assault, just something innocent like wrapping their arms around my waist from behind).

There have been a number of other times someone called me cute. Once I took my hat and glasses off at work and one of the girls immediately d'awwed and said "Jason's so cute!" I don't think of myself as cute and I generally feel confused when a lot of people seem to think I am.

I most certainly was very cute as a little boy though. After I grew up, my mom even told me she could've made some good money by putting me in commercials, but she felt like that would've been wrong.

For the record, I've only ever been called cute by girls and women. And I never actually try to be cute. I just live my life. Maybe I'm too much like Fluttershy for my own good :worry:

42 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

There was a woman I worked with at one of my old jobs and, out of nowhere, she just started repeatedly calling me cute one day. Like, everyone quarter-hour-or-so she stopped to tell me I'm cute. I felt pretty confused and I think I asked her at some point why she kept calling me cute, but I don't remember what she said. Probably answered "Because you're so cute." That was the only day she acted weird like that and I liked her a lot as a fellow coworker. At least she didn't make a joke about sucking my... something, like that other girl did :worry: The vast majority of my coworkers were girls/women at that job and they would sometimes say or do goofy stuff to me, like grab me from behind and then laugh when I squealed in surprise (not sexual assault, just something innocent like wrapping their arms around my waist from behind).

There have been a number of other times someone called me cute. Once I took my hat and glasses off at work and one of the girls immediately d'awwed and said "Jason's so cute!" I don't think of myself as cute and I generally feel confused when a lot of people seem to think I am.

I most certainly was very cute as a little boy though. After I grew up, my mom even told me she could've made some good money by putting me in commercials, but she felt like that would've been wrong.

For the record, I've only ever been called cute by girls and women. And I never actually try to be cute. I just live my life. Maybe I'm too much like Fluttershy for my own good :worry:

Nah, I bet you're adorable! :Daydreaming: