Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think we'll see a 200th episode?

Azureth

Well we know that there will be another fourty-three episodes (the rest of this season and season six) so if they contract for another two seasons, presuming that they are twenty-six episodes each, then that would be ninty-five episodes. So, the two hundredth episode would be the fifth episode of season nine. Assuming that there would be one season per year, the theoretical two hundredth episode would happen in 2019.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think it's likely that they will go past a season 6 and a movie after that season. That's usually what happens, anyway. Unless you're like the Simpsons, Family Guy or South Park or something like that. But if I'm wrong, then praise Celestia!

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

I sincerely doubt season 6 will have 26 episodes.  There are long seasons and short seasons. 

Discovery Family has done horrible things to MLP.  Their ineptness with the trailer for the first episode over and over, all the week/2 week periods without episodes, the time slot they put MLP in (11:30am vs 10:30am), having episodes over the summer when the kids are OFF SCHOOL and by 11:30 are doing other things(assuming they aren't at camp somewhere without TV)...  The ratings have been slipping BADLY and this does not bode well for extra episodes.

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

I'd tend to say "no", but it's not completely impossible.

The show is still good, but the 200th episode is far away, we don't know what could happen until then.

And I've rarely seen cartoons like this one with more than 200 episodes.

Edited by Blobulle

I hope we do. As long as the series continues being as good as it has been up until now, I hardly doubt it'll end. Unless they ruin it completely, I think we will absolutely watch the 200th episode!

mlp-fluttershy-party-soft-5238_preview.g

• Brohoof 3

I hope not.  All good things must come to an end and MLP FIM is no exception.

I doubt it would still be good after 100 more episodes and I do not want to see that happen.

• Brohoof 1

I have my doubts, I mean it really depends on when G4 ends, and I think most generations last something like 7-10 years, so if that's anything to go by there's a good chance it won't make it, although I don't think it's impossible. 

Season 6 is confirmed, then the movie. The movie will most likely end off the series. If season 6 has around 86 episodes (which definitely isn't happening), I doubt we'll get a 200th episode.

• Brohoof 3

It's entirely possible. The show's going very strong, and could last more seasons.

I do think it would take another 4 seasons or so to get there, though.

I dunno. The way I see it, it stands a 50/50 chance. It could continue to be something great for years. Or, it could devolve into an Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog styled mess. I mean, they're gonna run out of life lessons eventually. I'd hate to see an MLP episode all about warning kids to not hide in washing machines.

I think they'd let it go out with a (very emotional) bang before letting that happen.

• Brohoof 1

Dunno, it's possible. If every future season has 26 episodes, Ep200 would be around Season 9...not sure if MLP:FiM would go on for that long, all good things must come to an end at some point, but hey, if they can go all the way to Season 9 without running out of material and still pumping out quality episodes, then I'm all for that! If not, and they end up making them for the sake of making them...well, I'd rather that not happen.

(edited)

Well, I don't want them to drag it on until it becomes crap like The Simpsons, so if it went that long, they'd better have some good ideas.  I think it would be better to end it with the movie, which I think is their plan.

If they got to 200, I'll tell you what they should do--the whole episode should be done with construction paper cutouts of the ponies glued on popsicle sticks, with the crew just holding the sticks and parading them around in front of a camera like a puppet show with a cheesy picture of Ponyville in the background.  And, of course, the entire episode should be improv'd.

Edited by Justin_Case001

Well, anything's possible. There are pretty good arguments for either side of this debate, and it's all conjecture at this point. The show may end with the movie after season 6, but it may not. I'm sure ratings will play a big part in that. Whether I think it should go on is another debate entirely. I think I would rather FiM go out on a high note than carry on and dip in quality like any number of big franchises that should have ended years ago.

Probably not... I doubt this show would have much more to talk and do with another 100 episodes. I'm already finding Season 5 to be pretty disappointing (minus Tanks for the Memories and Castle Sweet Castle) and although I'm looking forward to Season 6, the past four seasons, in my book, were golden.

I'd much rather have the show end on a high note while it's still good that see it milked dry and finally abandoned because the quality dropped and the fans lost interest.

Making the show go on for as long as possible is not a good thing, in fact I'm already a bit worried that FiM might not hold my interest for 2 more seasons. The quality has been less consistent; sure, there are still great episodes like "The Cutie Map" and "Make New Friends But Keep Discord", but also some awful ones like "Tanks For The Memories" and "Princess Spike". In fact, three of my bottom 10 episodes come from season 5.

• Brohoof 1

I sincerely doubt season 6 will have 26 episodes.  There are long seasons and short seasons. 

Discovery Family has done horrible things to MLP.  Their ineptness with the trailer for the first episode over and over, all the week/2 week periods without episodes, the time slot they put MLP in (11:30am vs 10:30am), having episodes over the summer when the kids are OFF SCHOOL and by 11:30 are doing other things(assuming they aren't at camp somewhere without TV)...  The ratings have been slipping BADLY and this does not bode well for extra episodes.

As long as kids keep buys the toys nobody in Hasbro cares about the ratings. MLP toys are popular and likely will still be for some years.

I don't see why not. This series despite concerns and criticisms, has gone strong even since Twilicorn and the departure of Lauren Faust. What are we, Spongebob?

The show may end earlier, but there's little reason to suggest it can't go much longer. Plenty of non sitcoms last a long time, like Supernatural. There's really a lot of depth that FiM has and can still go off of. 

well... didn't Hasbro say in s4 (or was it s3?) that we do technically have 5 more years (or maybe 4 now) of pony? so... maybe it ends season 10? who knows. its possible but there are doubts... (honestly... I hope we get to 200 episodes.. :rarity:)