Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think we'll see a 200th episode?

Azureth

I kinda hope it ends fairly soonish. Whether it be the next season or the season after. Too much off a good thing ruins it. Just look at pokemon. The 1st generation were brilliant. 2nd generation was ok-ish. 3rd and on wards are utter garbage. Soon ideas and morals will run dim and the episodes will get worse and worse. If they want the show to last a long time, they need to develop a much longer and a more in depth story line to what they currently have. Where progress and growth is actually visible. Rather than having a different story per season that kind of follow each other. They need a series where each episode follows through. So rather than just 20 episodes completely and/or more or less irrelevant to one another. They need one big story that's broken down in to chunks (episodes). As you do with current TV series. 

I don't know, that's what I think.

I think there's a decent chance, since it's supposed to last at least until 2019(they said at least 5 years back in 2014), so I don't think the movie will be the end(it's supposed to come out in 2017). I just hope that the writers will still know what they're doing, and that once G5 starts, they can make it good. Don't know if it will be any better than FiM, but I hope that it's good, and that it's not like the previous generations. I have concerns on both sides of the spectrum for how long it will last. I'm worried that it may go on for too long that its quality starts dropping, but the worry on the other side is more of a personal thing. I didn't get into the show until 2014, and I have a worry that it'll feel like I joined too late(I sometimes feel this right now), and that it was pointless if it ends with season 6. I feel pretty optimistic that the fandom will still be around even after the show ends, because browncoats are still around, even though Firefly was canceled, and Serenity was released. And that's just one example, so I think that there will still be a lot going on, even after the end of the show.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe? By then, I think this whole brony thing probably would have run its course. But then again, I thought it would've run its course by the end of Season 3 and it clearly didn't. The show's length depends a lot on the brony fandom, and if that's still around and as passionate as it is today, then it is likely. But I just don't know. I find this fandom to be very unpredictable and difficult to understand what course it'll go.

Of course, there are also other unpredictable factors - such as Hasbro. I realize they're in charge of this whole thing, so they may decide to end it. But that's unlikely as they are a corporation, and corporations tend to be the ones who drive shows into the ground because they want to keep sucking money out of it until it's dry, especially if it's quite successful. They'll probably try to keep this whole thing up for quite some time to come.

And there's all that other stuff I don't know about behind the scenes. I don't really know what goes on in the construction of a season or an episode.

So I guess it's just 50-50, as someone else has said. Could go either way.

I highly doubt this, but it is could be possible if FiM continues to sell, in both the children's toys and all of the other brony related products. The toys are not the only thing that is making them money, we are also a source of that money as well. 

I have my doubts because I feel like, unless they advance the show further within the next two seasons, they may not have enough ideas to keep it going that long. Good ideas at least. So if they plan to get it that far, I hope they also plan to advance the show more.

If it doesn't make it that far, then I hope it goes out with a great ending. The fandom will live on for far longer after the show ends so that aspect doesn't worry me. :)

i think it will die after the movie in 2017

we might see 200 episodes if hasbro decides to just keep it going on life support  and not let it die with dignity

We could but the question is can the show maintain its quality for that long? I don't know the answer to that but lets hope it does as we also need to think about Generation 5, I know it is a bit soon to talk about but how FIM ends may determine that as well should they decide to make a cartoon series for that.

(edited)

Instead of asking if there's gonna be a 200th episode, I think what we should be asking is if there's gonna be a 5th generation of MLP. Like said, the movie will most likely be the end of MLP:FiM, i.e, Gen 4. Do you think the show will continue after that?

Edited by RedFireDrgn

post-11173-0-72481200-1436013445_thumb.jpg

I genuinely don't know if they can maintain this quality for another one hundred episodes.

HOWEVER. If M.A. Larson and the rest of the writers can continue to be amazing for another 100 episodes and this series doesn't degrade into a pile of horse poop, THEN I will be happy. So. Very. Happy.

I'm not holding my breath. The show has outperformed all previous MLP generations and most other Hasbro properties bar Transformers, but since they've announced a theatrical movie for 2017, I'm honestly expecting that to be the wrap up for the whole series.

The most recent thing with the split season 5 makes the 200th episode more unlikely.

My guess:

Total episodes:

143 -- 27%

130 -- 23%

156 -- 17%

169 -- 13%

182 -- 8%

117 -- 5%

195 -- 4%

200+ -- 3%

• 1 month later...

There have been animated shows that have been around that long (counting Tracy Ulman episodes, the Simpsons is heading for 30 years, for instance.  Scoobie Doo, Pokémon it can be done) I've got to say, the odds are greatly against it

IMO, season 6 will tell the tale.  If it is 13 episodes, the movie will be the finale.  If it is 26 episodes, the series will almost certainly be around through at least season 8 (195 episodes)

I feel that it probably won't get that far. Primarily because of what they did at the end of S3

with introducing twilicorn.

Once a series invokes a major series turning plot point, the next season has to top it to keep the viewers attention. That being said, they did top it in the S4 finale

with Tirek x twilight, DBZ style fight, ultimately ending with Twilight's castle replacing the destroyed Golden Oak library.

I feel there's only so much tension a series can heighten before it starts to feel samey.

As somepony else had said, Hasbro gets the final call. Even with the Brony fandom, its a 60/40 split between products sold and ratings:

As long as they have people watching (legally), they make money.

As long as they still sell stuff (Dolls, DVD's/digital downloads, books), they make money.

Hasbro = money. If FiM tanks, the corporation will pull it and reboot/G5 in a year or two.

Edited by Shimmerlicious