Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite Web Browser?

Deano

Best Browser?  

131 users have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite internet browser?

• Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Google Chrome
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • "Project Spartan" or Microsoft Edge
    • Opera
    • Netscape Browser
    • Other

Yeah. That is part of why I'm looking forward to it, because those guys know how to make a great browser. Chrome is good and all, but it just doesn't feel... right. Vivaldi, meanwhile, is just a technical preview and it already feels like home.

I'll have to take a look at that when I get home. I presume there is an OS-X version of the preview?

• Brohoof 1

I'll have to take a look at that when I get home. I presume there is an OS-X version of the preview?

Yes, it's for Windows, OS X and Linux.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, it's for Windows, OS X and Linux.

Sweet! :D

Thanks for the info man. :3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have an Acer laptop and I use Mozilla Firefox.

post-25645-0-51611100-1435773729_thumb.jpg

I have private browsing turned on.

I have an add blocker addon.

I also have a year long subscription to McAffe for my Internet Virus protection.

People always say that "you'll get a virus if you use Mozilla".

I say it all depends on how you use it.

Funny enough, the only time I actually did get a virus was on the Google Chrome browser.

Edited by Gordon Freeman
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really know, they all kind of suck in their own unique way. I would have said Firefox without a heartbeat in most normal circumstances, but it's been kind of going to crap with the advertising and the bloatware they've been integrating into the browser as of late. That's got me worrying a bit.

I think id have to go with other. Maybe Midori, Qupzilla, Arora or some other lightweight webkit based browser.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going with Chrome.

I used to enjoy Firefox a few years ago. It seems in recent releases, they still haven't addressed issues that were reported by many users. I know Chrome eats a lot of memory too, but it seems it's faster and reliable for me.

• Brohoof 1

I actually like using Internet explorer because i own a touch screen windows 8 laptop. So the metro mode is fucking sweet. Its so convientent, its fast as lightning, never get any ads, and i can snap other apps to it. It auto fits the screen, so i can use it while still not feeling like i just cut my screen in half.

• Brohoof 1

I like Firefox. Er...no, I LOVE Firefox. While I like Chrome better on my Android phone, due to easy Google integration, I have a love affair with Firefox. Now I just need to find out how to sync histories and bookmarks between browsers....;)

• Brohoof 1

I used to love firefox, but it started acting funky with java for me for some reason... which was weird.

So I switched to Google Chrome and it has been good to me so far.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Currently I'm browsing using Opera. I haven't used it in years, and I must say I'm impressed. So far it's performing better than Firefox & Chrome, especially on sites like YouTube & Spotify. Though, I'm still eager to try Microsoft Edge, but I can't until I'm able to upgrade to Windows 10. What are everyone's thoughts on Edge so far that has used it?

I've been using FireFox for over six years, and I have never felt the need to use anything else. Not even Safari, as I'm on a Mac.

sig-3886315.spitfire_firefox_icon_by_tyg

Spitfire is best pone. Thank you for making the world a better place.

I've used Chrome for a couple of years now and I can't stand any other browser so yeah. I prefer Chrome.

I've used Chrome for a couple of years now and I can't stand any other browser so yeah. I prefer Chrome.

I prefer Microsoft Edge when upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago on my system, a lot faster with Chrome and Firefox rather than using Internet Explorer 11.

Chrome is by far my favourite web browser, I use it on my iPad, iPhone and my Desktop, having my profile hold all my info so I have my passwords, bookmarks and history on all my devices is so handy + I use a load of extensions on it too.