Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite Web Browser?

Deano

Best Browser?  

131 users have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite internet browser?

• Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Google Chrome
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • "Project Spartan" or Microsoft Edge
    • Opera
    • Netscape Browser
    • Other

Chrome is the one and only favorite browser for me. It's so comfortably fast compared to Firefox or Explorer. Of course it could also be just my computer's fault, but Chrome is the only browser I have that doesn't start to lag terribly after about an hour's use.

I've also always liked how the Chrome icon looks. So colorful.  ^_^

Chrome is pretty good on any platform I've used it on. Opera is pretty ok too, Mini was awesome on my old phone when I had to worry about data usage but now I don't so I'm pretty much Chrome all the way on there too. :P

I prefer Internet Explorer. My second would be Opera. I just don't find Chrome or new Firefox to be user friendly because they removed the address bar functionality that allowed you to have a list of recently visited websites. I know the "new tab" screen kind of does that, but it's just not comfortable for me to use. It's a shame that Microsoft switched over to Edge which is just terrible all around (like Windows 8/10).

• 3 years later...

Internet Explorer would actually be my favourite, seeing as I've been using it for the last fourteen years and I haven't had any major issues with it.

I used to use Firefox, but then I gave Edge a try and now it's my main browser. The biggest reason is the set-aside tabs feature. There's a button in the top left that takes all of your open tabs, closes them, and saves them for later. When you want to re-open them again you just open the drop-down window and select the tab session you want to re-open. As far as I can tell Edge is the only browser that has that feature, and it's honestly a really good browser, so I'll continue to use it until Microsoft kills it off.

Internet Explorer has been my choice since the last version in Windows 7. it is extremely slow today on Google and Youtube, but I still use it for some odd reason.

As soon as I need speed, like for this forum or something live like an Internet auction, I am on Firefox.

I don't want to support Chrome because Google keeps spamming "want to use Googgle fast, try Chrome" even to this day in Youtube, EVEN when I close that notification, it keeps coming up like spyware every time. I have a grudge against that kind of sh*t.

I use Edge, it's great that (as of the date of this post) the Edge bundled with Windows 10 is not based on Chrome!

11 hours ago, Cash In said:

Internet Explorer would actually be my favourite, seeing as I've been using it for the last fourteen years and I haven't had any major issues with it.

My advice would be to probably change soon as websites are already failing to load properly, and will only get worse

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Google Chrome is by far my favorite. I used to use Firefox a lot but it’s kind of shitty anymore. Always freezing up and lagging.

I used to use Chrome, but it was laggy and froze on me all the time, so I went to Opera for a while, but then that got laggy so I had to use Internet Explorer for a while (while I was waiting for my new laptop), which I just use Edge, although I sometimes use Tor (a Firefox based browser) as it is the best free VPN for windows in my experience, sites get blocked a lot for me because I live in Scotland

• Brohoof 1

I used Firefox faithfully for ~18 years til the Quantum update broke half of my addons. I have slowly moved most of my use to Vivaldi. Not as good as Firefox used to be but with some CSS hacks, I can get multirow tabs. I can on Firefox too (and do actually) but the compatibility issues really pissed me right off. I only ever use Chrome for web testing anymore.

I've used Firefox for years and probably always will. :adorkable: Chrome isn't bad either, but the layout and usability of Firefox are unbeatable for me. It might be just because I'm used to it, but regardless, that's how it is. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

Been using Vivaldi for the last 3 years and nothing will make me switch away from it. It's come such a long way, too and the customization is amazing.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:33 AM, Booker said:

When you want to re-open them again you just open the drop-down window and select the tab session you want to re-open. As far as I can tell Edge is the only browser that has that feature

I have that feature on Vivaldi.

• 2 weeks later...