Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you speak / would you like to speak?

DasCapschen

136 users have voted

1. 1. What language do you speak?

• German
    • English
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Russian
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Norwegian
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Italian
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Arabic
    • Ukrainian
    • Belarussian
    • Czech
    • Polish
    • Greek
  2. 2. What languages would you like to speak?

• German
    • English
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Russian
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Norwegian
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Italian
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Arabic
    • Ukrainian
    • Belarussian
    • Czech
    • Polish
    • Greek

Isn't Québécois mostly French, just with some different words like 'le char' instead of 'la voiture'? :)

fin de la semaine instead of week-end

So yes, basically. Although there are regional variations in other countries too, but no one really cares about them studying them in depth because not anglophone I guess, ehh

(edited)

I speak English, Tagalog, Japanese, Chinese,  and Chavacano. (This is in order of my fluency). I'd like to learn more Japanese, but I guess in terms of new languages, I've always been fond of German and French. 

My first language was English and second was Ilocano, which I can understand fully but speak only a little. I would like to polish my Japanese and even learn Chinese soon, as I am part chinese and interested in learning more about my heritage.

Never knew you also had Filipino Chinese Blood in yah :wacko:

thought it was just me, Green Bolt, Akari , and Fried :-o

That's pretty Cool ^ ^

Edited by Crescent Light
  • Brohoof 1

Ich sprechen Deuctsh.

Only a little though. I am still learning, my wife is almost fluent but that's because she is a German citizen. I'll be learning more over the next year or so.

I speak both English and Norwegian. Although i get complaints of bad grammars all the time, which is ok if its true.

I studied Japanese as a hobby because i was fan of japanese animations for awhile, but after some years i grew tired of it so i haven't put so much effort into it as i did back then. Arabic is something i've kinda wanted to learn but lack motivation for it.

French English and kinda German speaker here...

I'd love to speak Turkish, Indonesian, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese and Russian but that's in my dreams :|

I currently can only speak English and self-taught myself German (not completely fluent in German, but pretty good). Been learning Norwegian for 3 weeks and it's my goal to become fluent within the next two years.

Danish, english, french, latin and arabic.

I would like to learn to speak farsi, which is persian.  :-P

I want to speak Japanese, but I don't want to learn it for fun. I want to learn it to be able to understand Japanese Smash players and maybe even talk to them. Tea, the best PAC-MAN player in the world, is Japanese and I want to be able to understand the things that he tweets. I'm following on Twitter right now and I have no idea what any of his tweets mean. And no, I don't think he can speak English.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

i am fluent in a whole one language (english, obviously)

obviously i'd like to be able to speak all languages, but i'd most like to learn japanese so that i could be superior to both dub-watchers and sub-watchers

26 minutes ago, justNatsuki said:

i am fluent in a whole one language (english, obviously)

obviously i'd like to be able to speak all languages, but i'd most like to learn japanese so that i could be superior to both dub-watchers and sub-watchers

Same as me, but there are more reasons I want to learn Japanese and I plan to at least learn Chinese after. I did start learning Chinese in highschool but switched to Japanese before I got far. It's made learning Japanese a little easier I think. But I've been slacking a lot lately, which is really dumb cause I have lots of time on my hands.

• 2 months later...

I only speak English, although I know a few words in Spanish.

I don't plan on learning a new language, but if I were to I'd wanna learn Japanese. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, CookieCakes said:

I only speak English, although I know a few words in Spanish.

I don't plan on learning a new language, but if I were to I'd wanna learn Japanese. 

Have you considered installing Duolingo?

I've started relearning French (since I'm Canadian) last year and I still practice on it on a daily basis. I also started some Japanese on there, though I'm focusing on French as of now.

• 1 year later...

I speak English and German. I also studied Spanish for a couple of years in school and learned a bit of Swedish a couple of years ago. So Spanish and Swedish are language I would love to pick up again and study more :> Also Japanese would be interesting to me, but this would take more time I ever have, so ...  xD