DasCapschen

What languages do you speak / would you like to speak?

126 members have voted

1. 1. What language do you speak?

• German
    • English
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Russian
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Norwegian
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Italian
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Arabic
    • Ukrainian
    • Belarussian
    • Czech
    • Polish
    • Greek
  2. 2. What languages would you like to speak?

• German
    • English
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Russian
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Norwegian
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Italian
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Arabic
    • Ukrainian
    • Belarussian
    • Czech
    • Polish
    • Greek

I learned to speak a little German in high school. I still remember a fair bit of it, if you passed me a phrase book, I'd probably do pretty decently. It's just that my vocabulary is really, really limited. I also learned french for 9 years because of forced bilingualism in the education system, but then I switched languages and essentially did a memory flush of it. (I had no idea what I was saying 99% of the time anyway...)

I also learned french for 9 years because of forced bilingualism in the education system, but then I switched languages and essentially did a memory flush of it. (I had no idea what I was saying 99% of the time anyway...)

haha xD

Same here, just that I didn't flush memory of French yet, but that will happen as soon as I leave school

It will be, I step through the door, aaaand it's gone :derp:

I can speak an all right amount of German

I can only speak English. I'm learning Japanese and I plan to learn Spanish and Swedish.

Well, my mother toungue is spanish and I speak english almost fluently (Sometimes, I can't understand what someone says or a sentence with complex words).

As for languages I want to learn, my inner weaboo has been screaming to me in my ear that I should learn japanese ever since I existed, but it died down a bit after I got into ponies because my interest in anime and japanese video games gradually disappeared. Now that I do Aikido, I got that interest back because it would be easier to memorize the names of the techniques and stuff.

Oh, and I'm slightly interested in learning French and BR  Portuguese, but for trivial reasons. I'd only learn French so I can understand the lyrics of a song by Le Soldat Pony and Portuguese because it seems very similar to spanish and therefore easy to learn for me.

Currently, I can speak English and some Chinese, and I'm in the middle of learning Japanese. Once I'm pretty fluent in Japanese, I want to start learning more Chinese. Other languages I would like to speak are Korean, Portuguese, and Arabic.

(edited)

I speak:

- English

- Italian (Kinda...)

I would like to speak:

- German (It sounds amazing and I love Germany xD)

- Russian (Sounds really cool xD)

- Chinese (It would be useful because of how widely spoken it is.

- Japanese (So I could finally understand what 'toe' are singing about!!! Nah, it's because I've always loved              Japan, and would love to go)

Edited by Thunderlane

The only language I speak is English which is my native language, I'd like to be able to speak other languages though.  I did some French and German when I was at school but I was never really that good at languages.

The languages I'd like to learn are German, French, Spanish and Japanese.

Badges

I speak well in English (native speaker) and some Spanish.

I would like to speak/learn French and German.

I wish I could speak and understand any language so that I knew what everyone was saying all the time, and I could speak any language to I could easily talk to those who don't speak english (or speak it poorly)

I only speak English fluently, and since I live in Canada, I have French class on most school days and know a whopping 10 different phrases! That's right folks, count 'em, 10!

If I ever go to France, I'll be able to tell everyone who stops for 5 seconds 1. my favourite colour, 2. my last name, 3. why I hate my brother, 4. shows I watched when I was little, 5. Where I want to travel and all the glorious details of what I'm bringing with me. 6. "I don't speak French" 7. "I speak a little bit of French." 8. "Can you repeat that? I don't have a head." 9. "I like snails, cats, dogs, rabbits, birds and horses." and 10. the colour of my hair. Imagine the possibilities!

I could walk up to someone and clearly say the equivalent of "Hello! I am named Alex! My brother isn't smart or nice, but I watched blues clues when I was little! I like the colour blue! The name of my family is -insert my last name here-, I want to go to the moon, and I want to bring a towel with me! I don't speak french! Hello! I speak a little bit of french! What did you say? I have brown hair, and I like snails and cats and dogs and rabbits and birds and frogs and horses!"

Aside from that, I want to learn Mi'kmaq, since I'm Mi'kmaq, but I don't have much contact with the Mi'kmaq comunity aside from thanksgiving every year.

English is the only language that I can fluently speak, anything else I pretty much fail at. I would love to speak many other languages, such as Finnish, Swedish, German, and Japanese specifically, but I find it so difficult to adapt to the different rules that each of these languages have in comparison to English. It makes even learning one other language difficult for me. .-.

Badges

I speak fluid English and Swedish, I can speak French but not all to good. I'd like to learn Norweigan and Polish :)

I can speak:

- English

- French

- Italian

I want to speak:

- German

- Danish

- Norwegian

- Dutch

I speak English, some German, less French and Spanish, and tiny bits of Latin, Italian, Portuguese, and Japanese.

I'd like to get better at the languages I already know rather than learning new ones.

I can speak fluid English and very basic Spanish. I would love to learn German, French and Italian.

Badges

I can only speak English, but I would like to learn how to speak Japanese.  

Badges

I can speak Greek and English, though funnily enough, I speak English more fluently than my own language :P

Don't want to learn any other languages, though if I were to choose, German and Russian.

English (native), Spanish (intermediate) and French (lower intermediate).

I would like to learn Norwegian, Italian and/or Japanese in the future.

I only know English, but would love to learn some Finnish and japanese.

I speak English and only English.

I do know a little German, Russian, and Japanese due to being around my friends so much. I want to learn all three more though

I speak Polish perfectly and English pretty good. 

I would like to know Arabic, Japanese and French languages. Arabic because I love the scripture, Japanese to can simply watching anime and all this stuff and French because this language is just beautiful~ 

I grew up speaking English and I know Spanish pretty well. I want to learn Japanese when I go to college.

I speak English and I'm learning Japanese and French.

To add to english, i also am a nerd and speak high elvish and gallifreyan. I want to learn angel and dwaven along with the lingua francas and spanish, a soon tp be lingua franca, in my opinion. Oh... does binary, python, C, html, and CSS count as well? I know those too..