Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you speak / would you like to speak?

DasCapschen

136 users have voted

1. 1. What language do you speak?

• German
    • English
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Russian
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Norwegian
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Italian
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Arabic
    • Ukrainian
    • Belarussian
    • Czech
    • Polish
    • Greek
  2. 2. What languages would you like to speak?

• German
    • English
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Russian
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Norwegian
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Italian
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Arabic
    • Ukrainian
    • Belarussian
    • Czech
    • Polish
    • Greek

Well I'm kind of lazy when it comes to learning languages so I don't have a lot on my list. I'm trying to learn japanese at the moment.

If anyone is interested in learning swedish, feel free to contact me at any time and I'll be glad to assist if you need help ^_^

I can speak English, French, and basic Japanese. I would like to learn basic Ukrainian.

Interesting. I am ukrainian, so why do you want? Are you from eastern Europe?

Edited by Minos

Interesting. I am ukrainian, so why do you want? Are you from eastern Europe?

I have a lot of friends who are from Ukraine plus I want to visit Ukraine soon. And no, but I have some family members who live up there.

I have a lot of friends who are from Ukraine plus I want to visit Ukraine soon. And no, but I have some family members who live up there.

If you wanna know it to speak with friends, better learn russian. All the coutries of former USSR speak it, so it will be more practical. But if I could, I'd be very happy to help you.

The only language I can speak fluently is my native language, English. I understand the structure of German and know a lot of the words, but there are still a lot of times where I have to look up the definition myself.

I'm currently learning Japanese.

I'm fluent in Russian, German, English, Dutch and French. I can understand and read Latin, Spanish, Italian, most Slavic languages and Japanese but not speak it. As for fictional languages I can speak Dothraki and know some High Valyrian and Thu'um.

In the future I'd love to learn Spanish, Mandarin and Arabic completely so I can speak with most of the world. Although I have a huge affinity for languages I still study IT, learning languages is something I decide to do randomly when I'm bored. I consistently teach myself a language until I can speak it and then I put it down. Sadly the fact that I can learn languages and understand them quickly doesn't include programming languages..

• Brohoof 2

I'm fluent in Russian, German, English, Dutch and French. I can understand and read Latin, Spanish, Italian, most Slavic languages and Japanese but not speak it. As for fictional languages I can speak Dothraki and know some High Valyrian and Thu'um.

In the future I'd love to learn Spanish, Mandarin and Arabic completely so I can speak with most of the world. Although I have a huge affinity for languages I still study IT, learning languages is something I decide to do randomly when I'm bored. I consistently teach myself a language until I can speak it and then I put it down. Sadly the fact that I can learn languages and understand them quickly doesn't include programming languages..

Dude...

Where'd you pick that variation up?

• Brohoof 1

Dude...

Where'd you pick that variation up?

I moved from country to country together with my mother when I was younger. I think I moved 11 times in total before I ended up in Holland. Eventually staying in different countries and learning their languages made me develop a skill for learning languages, you start seeing similarities between them and where their roots lie, it makes it a lot easier to learn a language.

It's not that uncommon for Russians or Kazakhs to know plenty of languages, a lot of them move out of their country into Europe so you will find plenty of Russians that know a few languages living in Europe. I guess even then I am kinda a special case when it comes to languages because I moved around a little more than the average Russian or Kazakh.

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 1

I moved from country to country together with my mother when I was younger. I think I moved 11 times in total before I ended up in Holland so every time I stayed in a country I learned the language and I kinda developed a skill for languages. Eventually staying in different countries and learning their languages made me develop a skill for learning languages, you start seeing similarities between them and where their roots lie, it makes it a lot easier to learn a language.

It's not that uncommon for Russians or Kazakhs to know plenty of languages, a lot of them move out of their country into a Europe so you will find plenty of Russians that know a few languages living in Europe. I guess even then I am kinda a special case when it comes to languages because I moved around a little more than the average Russian or Kazakh.

And so, you are Kazakh or Russian? I am Russian, if Kazakh I feel like that clean shaven feel except with language <3

*question answered by checking profile lol 

I've moved around with my parents a lot, too, but I've only picked up basic connections and an understanding of the grammar of our such European languages, I still don't get Chinese, Japanese, or Arabic

*only speak English and Russian high level, Spanish intermediate and German awful

Edited by ARagY

Full English, Little bit of French and Spanish.

I'd love to speak in Swedish.

I speak a few just because of my upbringing! 

I'm from Yokosuka Japan and I know a fair bit of Japanese from my parents encouraging me to learn it my entire life 

I know a fair bit of German from half of my family being from Germany 

And I know Spanish from living in Costa Rica for a few years! 

I also took French for 3 years! 

I absolutely love languages!

Because of the shitty American school system, I'm only fluent in English. I know a few words in German, but I'm nowhere near fluent.

I'd like to know German, French, Russian, Norwegian, Italian, Ukrainian, Greek, and Latin. German, Italian, Ukrainian, and Greek because they're some languages that my ancestors used. The other ones are just because they're cool. I'll probably never be able to learn more than just English because I don't have the patience or ability to. 

My native language is Spanish, but I'm also fluent in English. I've been learning German for 6 months, so it is pretty basic and honestly I don't get a lot of practice u.u. I tried to learn Japanese but it just didn't happen lol. Also French during high school and... Yeah, 3 years of my life wasted... I would love to speak Russian and Norwegian. ^^

Edited by Infernus

I am speaking german (my native language) and english (but I am better in writing than in speaking). I learned some words in spanish on my school, but it was not so much. I would learn it, but english is more important for me because the master course of astrophysics in Germany is complete in english and thats what I want to study.

My native language is portuguese. I'm somewhat fluent in english (meaning I can hold a conversation, but I'm always forgetting something), I knew a lot of spanish, now I'm not so sure anymore ^^'

My biggest issue with spanish, is that it's so close to portuguese and ends up making me confused, like "oh, this word is the same in portuguese? I can't remember!!" lol

I'm taking japanese lessons \o/ so far it's awesome. My sensei is a native speaker and he doesn't know too much outside of japanese, so we have a little trouble communicating, but whatever, I'm there to learn japanese, right? XD Most funny moment was when he was translating "legs", then he said "ashi", pointed to his legs and said "only", instead of saying "legs", lol, our words for "legs" and for "only" kind of do look alike (pernas e apenas respectively).

I'd like to learn italian and french. My granny knows french fluently '3'

Because of the shitty American school system, I'm only fluent in English. I know a few words in German, but I'm nowhere near fluent.

I'd like to know German, French, Russian, Norwegian, Italian, Ukrainian, Greek, and Latin. German, Italian, Ukrainian, and Greek because they're some languages that my ancestors used. The other ones are just because they're cool. I'll probably never be able to learn more than just English because I don't have the patience or ability to. 

Everyone has the ability to, and even if you can spare 5 minutes a day, that's 5 minutes you can learn something new in any of those languages you're interested in. 

French is not hard actually

I speak:

Fluently: English

Good: Finnish

I am a beginner in: Swedish, German, Japanese, Korean and Latin (also I speak a little bit of Ancient Greek)

BONUS: I can write with runes

I would like to learn Japanese and Korean better.

I guess there is no other language I would like to learn. Chinese perhaps?

Edited by RainbowFetish