Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you speak / would you like to speak?

DasCapschen

136 users have voted

1. 1. What language do you speak?

• German
    • English
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Russian
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Norwegian
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Italian
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Arabic
    • Ukrainian
    • Belarussian
    • Czech
    • Polish
    • Greek
  2. 2. What languages would you like to speak?

• German
    • English
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Russian
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Norwegian
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Italian
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Arabic
    • Ukrainian
    • Belarussian
    • Czech
    • Polish
    • Greek

I speak portuguese(which doesn't seem to be in the poll) and, to some extent, english. I should learn spanish; it's kind of standard for someone in Brazil, surrounded by spanish speaking countries. But I've been thinking of learning latin, because it would be cool to know the origin of a few of the major languages of today.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Of the languages I would like to learn, the top two are Japanese and Spanish, due to personal interest as well as amount of others I've met who spoke those languages. I'd also like it if I could speak Italian, Russian, German, French. The more languages, the greater the opportunity of making friends from other places in the world. A useful investment in life and the workplace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm only fluent in me native language at the moment, English, but I'd love to learn a bunch of different languages. Mostly just for curiosity and traveling :P

• German (I have a love for German history)
  • Danish  
  • Dutch (to better talk when I visit a friend)
  • Norwegian
  • Icelandic (Not on the poll, but I'd love to read the old Norse Sagas)

Primarily English and Chinese (with a Taiwanese dialect), though I can also speak some Spanish (learned it in the U.S. during high school) and Japanese (learned it in Taiwan, middle school). 

I would like to learn German. 

My first language was English and second was Ilocano, which I can understand fully but speak only a little. I would like to polish my Japanese and even learn Chinese soon, as I am part chinese and interested in learning more about my heritage.

There are so many talented ponies here with a gift for language! It's so impressive! I desperately want to resume learning German, but my computer's sound chip is faulty so I can't use my Rosetta Stone program anymore. I have Duolingo in my iPod, but it's not nearly as good.  :pout:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Ah, that's an interesting question. I've always have had this fascination for languages because they give this sense of achievement when you're learning them, even if only bit by bit. Thing is, I don't live in an English-speaking country and neither have I had the opportunity to study it in school by the age I had learned a decent amount of the language. It was more of a necessity than sheer desire, but, I wasn't actively searching to learn it. It just sorta stuck as the world around me(video games and the like) spoke English and only it.

However, I would like to learn more of Russian, Swedish and Icelandic, among various other languages.

P.S. My first language is Portuguese.

Edited by Dry Ink

(edited)

-English 
-some German
-some Russian
 -used to be fluent in Japanese (used to be mandatory to learn it as a kid in school) 

would like to learn

French 
Arabic
Mandarin

Edited by idunnomaybe

(edited)

I speak English and French. I'm somewhat conversational in Spanish, I do however know a lot of Spanish swear words though.

When I get the time I'd love to learn German, I have family in Germany so it'd be nice to speak to them in German.

edit: I'd also like to one day learn Québécois  ^_^

Edited by Brightbart