Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The things we use to relax thread.

Poetic Stone

I thought I would pose this topic, what type of things do you use to relax? I enjoy the times when I get to relax, you know, and be all lazy, and such. I love to listen to some good music, sometimes laying in bed when doing so. I also enjoy being alone with my thoughts, as well as the mysterys of the world in which we live. Enough about me, please share what you use, or things you do to just chill, and relax.

• Brohoof 2

I relate to you a bit here, I also use music to relax. :3

I have some different methods to relax. I listen to music, listen to white noise of some kind, play certain video games (Elite Dangerous is incredibly relaxing, for the most part), watch Youtube videos (usually while having a snack), eat something (eating is quite relaxing to me), and sensory overload often helps me too. Listening to music or white noise while doing repetitive motions (I do those subconsciously) is also very calming for me. There is also just going for a walk but that depends on the weather. Cooler or cold weather is so tranquil. Also simply laying down and watching videos can be relaxing for me but not always.

• Brohoof 1

Surfing the net on my IPad. Unless I want doing-relaxing? Then it's off to the garage for some tinkering or some writing.

Also like stories read out (but I did read Dr Rainbow Dash yesterday)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Okay, I lied... Walking around in Skyrim, building in Minecraft, doing anything in FEZ, and... Burning things in Little Inferno... The fire... It's so beautiful... I'm not an arsonist... I swear... XD

Edited by Jellal Fernandes
  • Brohoof 1

Walking and/or running around the lake we have nearby.  :squee:

I listen to music and browse the internet, or if i try to sleep at night, i use selfhypnosis (Yes, i actually do that.)

• Brohoof 1

If you ever need to relax from something particularly stressful, or if you just have bad anxiety, I would listen to Marconi Union - Weightless, which is touted as the most relaxing song ever made. For best results, listen to with headphones, with your eyes closed; and your mind emptied.

Music is my soul regeneration system. Always gets me feeling good when I'm down, even on the crappiest of days. Other then that, watching one of my favorite Netflix shows or Youtube personality helps me unwind, usually with a nice cup of tea at hand. :please:

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...