Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your 'go-to' video games for relaxing?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Gaming can be a great escape for many people and there are many games that serve many different purposes for people, one of those purposes can be to just relax with.

Are there are any particular games that you play for the purpose of relaxing? For me, right now my main game for this purpose is definitely Elite Dangerous, the Xbox One version specifically. I have been obsessing about that game so much lately but that's because I am addicted to it. :P It is such a wonderful game and it is also quite relaxing for the most part, as long as no combat happens, luckily I do exploring mostly and it is so calming.

How's about all of you?

• Brohoof 4

Skyrim, just walking around in it with all my mods to make the game prettier, I feel like I'm actually in this other world. I like to build things in Minecraft every once-in-a-while (they tend to be terrible). I also enjoy doing anything in FEZ... And... I uhh... I like Little Inferno... The fire... It's sooooo relaxing... I'm not an arsonist, I swear!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is definitely my number one choice.

I also super like LYNE on steam which helps with anxiety a ton.

• Brohoof 4

Gran Turismo 5 racing is always relaxing to me or just simply cruising around a track. Another game is Rune Factory 4 on the 3DS that game is very relaxing. Persona 3 is another game I used to play a lot at night, great soundtrack and nice story to it.

• Brohoof 1

Minecraft.

If I feel pissed off at a rotten day, something about the simple graphics & easy premise makes for soothing gaming.

... of course, until a CREEPER arrives; then, at least I'm mad at something ELSE other than my crappy day.

• Brohoof 2

As weird as it sounds, it's Doom or Diablo. If I am tired, stressed or angry, playing a bit, going on a mindless rampage and just shooting things is fun and relaxing. Then I can get  back to whatever I was doing all rejuvenated :P I suppose I should fine some more atmospheric, non-combat, exploration games too, heh.

• Brohoof 1

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is definitely my number one choice.

I also super like LYNE on steam which helps with anxiety a ton.

Oh yeah! Animal Crossing is one if the most relaxing games ever. So glad you mentioned that one, been playing more New Leaf lately and I still love it. :3

Gran Turismo 5 racing is always relaxing to me or just simply cruising around a track. Another game is Rune Factory 4 on the 3DS that game is very relaxing. Persona 3 is another game I used to play a lot at night, great soundtrack and nice story to it.

Need For Speed:Hot Pursuit.Because There are nice sceneries which i can enjoy looking at.There is also free roam which you can drive around :)

Forza 5 (soon Forza 6) is just like this for me, racing/driving games can be a very chilled experience. :) Especially doing long races on tracks like Nurburgring.

• Brohoof 2

Farming Simulator is a good game to relax to, but for me, it's usually Grand Theft Auto, it's a satire which allows me to escape the real issues of the world, and understand through Satire. I also like playing Daytona and many others. Minecraft is also good to sometimes relax, and as for No Man's Sky. That is definitely going to be a relaxing game. I think this ''Everyone's gone to the Rapture'' game will also be a good relaxer(And possibly a tearjerker). Another reason for me to eventually get a PS4. But in GTA, you can do almost anything, you can kill public people, listen to any kind of music you like, drive around like crazy, even play golf or tennis. Tomb Raider, the first 3, also relax you a bit, until you get to 3. Any game involving Exploration, I quite like. In Tomb Raider, it's really nice when you get into a room you've never seen or been in before. It feels really euphoric.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

For me to be honest; Minecraft would be my first choice to calm down with.

Mostly because the game is quite simplistic but can also be quite well for relaxing. Especially on peaceful mode or creative mode. Mostly because the whole world is your's to discover and as you explore, more and moire to added to your world so the possibilites are endless and you can do almost anything in Minecraft. THe more you explore the more your world renders and there are many secrets to discover, like hidden but rare diamonds and emeralds of course and dudegon rooms. 

If I'm angry, I could attack some mobs and kill them. Like Zombies and Endermen.

You can build anything from a simple statue to even a working computer that actually can act like a actual computer! But you'd need patient to make such of course. You can let your mind ease for a moment or two and be creative. If you're a artist like me, the game's creative mode would be good to relax with. Then of course you got the Minecraft mini games which can be quite fun to play around with.

There's also the many maps you can download with many stories behind them or fun mini-games.

Edited by GoldenFazbearFreddy

Proteus

An abstract, randomly-generated exploration game. It's really peaceful with a beautiful soundtrack and cute visuals.

Minecraft. I never play survival anymore and even when I did I pretty rarely got frustrated so it was naturally relaxing. But nowadays especially I only play creative because I love to let my mind flow as I just build things. It's like drawing for me except in a more architectural sense, but the same relaxing feeling comes from it of just letting my imagination fly. I've built a lot of things from it.

Resonant Rise? Or Yogscast Complete? Some other modpack? I must know! 

I'm not using any modpacks, actually :P.

I just have a lot of mods inside a MultiMC instance.

However, I do like the Direwolf20 pack that's on FTB.

Jazzpunk - a fun game for me to play whenever I want to put my feet up.

Minecraft.

If I feel pissed off at a rotten day, something about the simple graphics & easy premise makes for soothing gaming.

... of course, until a CREEPER arrives; then, at least I'm mad at something ELSE other than my crappy day.

Minecraft is another one I am surprised that I did not remember when making this thread, I just have Elite Dangerous on the mind. :P Minecraft is definitely one of the most relaxing games out there, until the enemy mobs become an issue. Simply mining in some huge cavern is so calming. <3

• Brohoof 1

I've returned to old favorite Civ IV now (I'm one of the old school elitists who doesn't much like Civ V despite it's vast popularity and revamps to the system). It's theoretically stressful due to the heavy micro (in no other game do I need to do math every few minutes to optimally play) but I play at low difficulties and in small bursts, so it's a fun diversion.

• Brohoof 1

ragnarok online back when it was popular

i just sit in town chat with guildmates  while listening to the bgm music

good ol times