Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your 'go-to' video games for relaxing?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

As unlikely as it is, I would have to say Call of Duty: Black Ops II. I never get in a competitive mood, unless someone is watching me play, so I find it easy to relax and have a good time.

Okami:  The art style and flow of the music just make my day!  Also you play as a wolf,  what is not to love?

Probably Megaman X, A Link to the Past, and Final Fantasy VIII. Three games I've played enough times through that I can get through them without causing myself any sort of frustration

"Go-to" relaxing games eh?

I suppose I could say Minecraft is certainly one. :catface:

Any good car racing game is always a great one (currently those would be The Crew or Forza Horizon 2)

Saints Row 2 with all sorts of crazy strange and weird mods is always a good classic relaxer for me. :fluttershy:

A good story-driven game is always a fun one for me when I have the time to really dedicate to one and just get lost in the story, such as Tales From The Borderlands or The Walking Dead games from Tell-Tale.

Oh yeah! Euro Truck Sim 2 is always a great one for me when I'm just intending to not do anything else but relax... Been a while since I've done that though. :mellow:

And sometimes Grand Theft Auto V can be pretty fun for me.

For me it's Driving games, since I find driving to be quite relaxing. :fluttershy:

Another one that might seem a bit surprising is the Metal Gear Solid games, I just find the slow paced stealth movement of it and having to pick your moments make it a very chilled game to play. And of course, the extended cut scenes and Codec conversations you can have for interesting trivia and exposition just make it feel like I'm watching a good movie.

• Brohoof 2

Pokemon or Zelda. Whenever I just want to relax and laze off I usually turn on Omega Ruby or Wind Waker.

Journey. Hands down one of the most beautiful experiences in gaming. It does have some tense moments to be fair, but ultimately its a nice relaxing journey through an interesting land.

• Brohoof 2

I play Skyrim to help me relax because it takes my mind of the issues that are stressing me out, or if I'm not in the mood for it, I'll play Flower or flOw. :3

• Brohoof 1

I play Skyrim to help me relax because it takes my mind of the issues that are stressing me out, or if I'm not in the mood for it, I'll play Flower or flOw. :3

Those are all great choices. :3 I forgot all about Flower, that game was definitely something special and very relaxing. Skyrim can be as well, walking around the frozen wilderness or in the mountains while it is snowing is serene. I hope that game goes backwards compatible to the Xbox One soon so I can play it with my stereo headset, that would be amazing. :)

• Brohoof 1

Easily Portal. Most sandbox games are relaxing too.

Any game with an amazing sound effect and environment can relax me when I am focused.

I play Bloodborne/Dark Souls to relax.

*poker face*

Err, I usually play video games in order to challenge myself, and so I don't think there's really anything in my library that could be considered as relaxing. Maybe Pokémon, but my brothers and I take it too seriously for it to be relaxing.

• 3 weeks later...

Forza Horizon 2  :) Just grab one of my cruising cars (Audi R8/Chevy Corvette Stingray) and drive around with the radio playing  :lol: Very calming  :D