Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your 'go-to' video games for relaxing?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Gaming can be a great escape for many people and there are many games that serve many different purposes for people, one of those purposes can be to just relax with.

Are there are any particular games that you play for the purpose of relaxing? For me, right now my main game for this purpose is definitely Elite Dangerous, the Xbox One version specifically. I have been obsessing about that game so much lately but that's because I am addicted to it. :P It is such a wonderful game and it is also quite relaxing for the most part, as long as no combat happens, luckily I do exploring mostly and it is so calming.

How's about all of you?

Portal. I love that game to bits. I actually spedran it, and I got 49 minutes.

A first person shooter or something violent if I am angry (I pretend I am killing the people I am mad at, it is actually a great way to relax from stress) but I normally play games like Portal, League, or something like that.

The Suikoden series is my goto.  Keeping mental track of all the little steps needed to unlock all 108 characters and get the good ending; it relaxes me by giving me something to focus on.  Really it depends on the mood I'm in.  Bipolar and chronic depression means I can cycle through any mood at and point, so I keep a huge catalogue of games to play whatever strikes my fancy.

Battlefield 3 is relaxing sometimes, Assassin's creed 4, and theForest (With mutants/cannibals disabled) so I don't have to worry about them. I find it relaxing just chopping down trees and making things. 

You have to try Viva Pinata for Xbox 360. It's so cute and relaxing. It really helped me through a tough time in my life.

I actually have played this game and I love it so much. :lol: It is another game I totally forgot to put into my original post which is really dumb of me, that game is incredibly chilled out, how could I have missed it in the list? :P I actually am playing the game again on the Xbox One thanks to backwards compatibility and I am always reminded that it is one of the modern Rare greats. It is wonderful to hear that the game helped you too, shows the power of Rare when they make greatness. :3

I just thought of another one, does anyone else find the Sims to be relaxing? Specifically the first one but all of the main games are as well. The first game has such a wonderful atmosphere and music. :)

(edited)

right now

skyrim loaded with survival mods

trying to get from whiterun to markath is a bit of a challenge especially if you dont use fast travel

have to set up camp when it rains, or a snow storm,or sleep,cook food etc

its sort of my substitute instead of going out to nature myself and its relaxing kinda like a camping trip

Edited by Alto

Journey is for sure my go to relaxation game.

Its quite and calming, but fun to replay again and again.

The music is great for setting a mood, and it is by far one of my favorite games of all time.

• 3 years later...

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is extremely relaxing to sit down and chill out with. Whether I'm chatting with the folks in my town or hunting for stuff, it's all so therapeutic.

Edited by Cash In

It would most definitely be Pokemon. It doesn't matter the game in the series... as long as it's a Pokemon game, especially since I've been into Pokemon since Yellow came out. I've grown up a lot with the games.

Edited by AdorbzFangirl

I don't play video games to relax really but sometimes when I'm sick I'll play something that requires little thought or easy to just go through the motions of playing. Last time it was Plants vs Zombies.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play rocket league rather competitively until it started stressing me out too much. Took a few months off and now I enjoy playing casuals. Though that's mostly unsober too :please:

Terraria is relaxing as well, and doesn't require anyone else :mlp_smile: