Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bendy

(edited)

Does anyone else think the Yak (from what I've gathered anyway) behave like stereotypical Vikings, though a little less violent?

​They were about to declare war for example over Equestria not feeling like their homeland. And they seem to like to smash things if they are angry. 

Not only that it's mentioned that the Yak are warriors. 

Edited by Bendy

Yack? You mean Yak?

Just clarifying for anyone else that looks into it.

Fixed.

Any thoughts on my theory?  

From a story standpoint, the Yaks were a bunch of douchebags.

I <3 Viking Yaks though. I couldn't help but grin a little every time they started to wreck things.

• Brohoof 2

They're more Mongolian or Russian.

Yaks originate from that area, their country suffix is middle eastern (like UzbekiSTAN or KazakhSTAN). Their hats and clothing are very mongolian like. They're VERY far north and COLD like the mongolian steppes. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't see any similarities with vikings or Norse culture. I think they are supposed to be more middle eastern. Maybe Mongolian like others have suggested.

Yakyakistan is the name of their country, that's got to be a clue

Gotta go with the Mongolian connection that others have made. Vikings seemed to have much different culture and origin than what was portrayed with the Yaks.

Also, as douchey as they were portrayed, I ended up really liking them. XD

The Mongolian idea could make sense since the buffalos (Native American possibly) could be related to them. Native Americans have been presumably known as Mongolians that crossed the Bering Strait.

(edited)

I see -stan suffix and the fact that they're Yaks automatically denying possibility that Yaks are viking equivalents of MLPFIM universe.

-stan suffix indicates that they're of central Asia.

Map_of_Countries_with_Names_Ending_in_%2

As well Yaks are primarily found roughly in region of Western China and Northern India. If I remember correctly, Yakyakistanis were referred to as warriors; though country was referred to as Kingdom and title of Rutherford is Prince, I would think it makes sense to think of Yakyakistan as Khanate.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

It's funny when I saw them I immediately thought they were Vikings, but that also could be because I watch How To Train Your Dragon and some of the vikings in there are big, fat and tough. I also thought when seeing the yaks destroy stuff "HULK SMASH!!!".