Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes spiders scary to you personally?

APegLegPirate

Well, I tend to find the very material that them and insects are made out of just very gross, and I don't ever want them touching me! xD

But I'm also not too knowledgeable on spiders, and I can't tell which ones are venomous (there, I didn't say 'poisonous', so you can't nitpick me! *sticks out tongue*), so I definitely don't want to mess with any of them!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I hate them, everything about them. Their sinister appearance with all those legs and eyes. Who needs 8 legs, seriously? Or 8 eyes? Ridiculous. Plus, their tendency to just be in the most random places in the house. The fact that they just appear out of nowhere sneaking up on me and startling me so bad that I have a small heart attack. Oh and did I mention all those legs? Uughgghh. They can scamper away and hide anywhere, they are fast, they jump, and the ones that can deliver a serious bite like black widows and fiddlebacks.....nope. I have sold a house a moved across town because of it being in an area prone to

them. The way they consume food that is disgusting. They just give me the Willies because of so many reasons. I don't even like them in my yard, but as long as they stay out there they can live. I get that they're beneficial but still. I'm glad our cat is a good spider killer. She gets em for us or at least finds em and we can kill em. To be fair, anything that stings or bites or can get on me is pretty much equally despised -  scorpions, ticks, bees, wasps, mosquitos, etc. My favor method of killing them is to cup them under a heavy glass, and they either suffocate or starve to death, I don't know but it's a good hands off way to kill em. 

Edited by Lexamena
  • Brohoof 1

It's every conceivable aspect of them. They're an ambush predator that is known to attack humans. They're routinely found in our homes in a variety of shapes and sizes. They're poisonous, aggressive, and fast. They can attack from any direction. They litter everything with their webs, and they're just fuck-ugly to boot.

They're creepy enough when they're just sitting there, but when they move, they become downright terrifying. Usually when I have spiders on my mind, I become really itchy. 

i am not afraid of them i actually used to study all sorts of material to learn more about them an i  found out i am in fact scared of one spider in particular it is the wandering spider they are the most aggressive spider, more poisonous than a brown recluse, and 12 in long. these spiders are also listed as the most dangerous spider in the world followed closely by the black widow.

All of them are venomous. I see a lot of people say poisonous and for us spider enthusiasts it does annoy us xD

The difference between "venomous" and "poisonous" is meaningless in this conversation, though. When someone says they want to avoid spiders that are poisonous you know exactly what they mean.

And all of them being venomous just proves that all of them should be avoided. =P

(edited)

i am not afraid of them i actually used to study all sorts of material to learn more about them an i  found out i am in fact scared of one spider in particular it is the wandering spider they are the most aggressive spider, more poisonous than a brown recluse, and 12 in long. these spiders are also listed as the most dangerous spider in the world followed closely by the black widow.

Well, the Brazilian wandering spider is a very aggressive species indeed, it's either #1 or #2 in the world when based on toxicity. I see many arguments suggesting that it is #1 and many arguments suggesting it's #2 next to the Sydney funnel web spider. Both are extremely toxic. 12 inch leg span, I don't think so. Wandering spiders generally reach around a 5 inch leg span maybe 6 give or take. I wouldn't even compare the wandering spider to a black widow and/or a brown recluse. Black widows are bad, but nowhere near as bad as a wandering spider. Brown recluses are only dangerous because there is a fair chance that its venom contains necrotic venom. Not all recluses will cause necrosis, but it's awful when it does.

Edited by APegLegPirate

Waking up to my cousins tarantula on my face when I was 8 years old.  I screamed and I got a wonderful view of its fangs sinking in on either side of my nose.  I'm so terrified of them now that I go into full blown panic attacks when I see any spider.

THE LEGS

ALL OF THE LEGS

*cringes*

ugh

arachnophobia or whatever

its completely illogical and stupid and its so annoying

but whenever I see a spider I freeze xD

Will not rest till IT IS OUTTA HERE 

I don't hate or find spiders scary. I actually find them rather interesting. If I see one, I leave it be seeing as how they simply don't do much to bother me. The most I've done to some was make them crawl onto a pencil and release them outside.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

I'm not scared of spiders per say, I guess what is scary is well they are everywhere. You know like they are in your walls they are in your roof, they're under your bed and behind your closet. One room simply has a high amount of spiders we therefore live with them and we sleep with them all around us everyday. Therefore you know being scared of them isn't really of benefit to you. Of course they avoid human contact at all costs so is fine. We avoid them and they avoid us which is why the scariest is seeing these spiders actually in our proximity. They are suddenly on you or right above your bed or walking along the floor that disturbs me, it is scary how easily undetectable these little spiders can be and yeah they do you no harm most of them. Yet they still are bothersome little creatures they are but I'm not scared of them in particular. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

They have the entire world to live in and they decide to crawl up my wall and jump when I try to get them, or they put an invisible web strand at eye, mouth or hand level.

Mostly the problem of them being attracted to me for whatever reason...like wasps and mosquitoes, you can have a room full of people and me in the middle doing the same as everyone else and they will come and land, crawl, and then bite or sting me for absolutely no reason and then leave. They'll  leave everyone else alone, but not me.