Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like twilight sparkle as an unicorn or as an alicorn?

DaliaMarina

end-well-this-will-not.jpg

I will stay as FAR away of this thread as possible, because i know the shit will hit the fan with this thread.

• Brohoof 3

Both.  I always thought it would be her destiny to eventually rule Equestria.  That was my headcanon from the beginning.  But honestly, I thought it would have been better to make MMC the series finale (and flesh it out into a nice two-parter), and then have the movie be all about her new role as an alicorn princess.  But I'm okay with it as is.

• Brohoof 2

Unicorn, easily. 

It's not just because she was far more relatable, far more reasonably flawed, and an overall far better character as a unicorn, but also because her importance never truly seemed that much greater than that of her friends. 

Now that she's the alicorn princess, the show doesn't even bother hiding that she's head over heels more important than them. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Alicorn, hooves down.

Ever since the Season 4 finale, I was all in favour for Alicorn Twi.

I didn't mind her as a Unicorn, but I knew she needed more development. She would be too normal if she stayed as a Unicorn for too long imo.

unicorn

imo making her an alicorn should be an end content when the show is nearing its end

Personally, that would suck for me. It would've been nice if that were an ending for the series, but I knew there could be more than that (hence why we got Seasons 4 and 5 so far),

Edited by Jonny Music

@@Jonny Music,

i dont mind her as an alicorn but they way its done as kinda meh

imo it would have been preferable it she turned alicorn ala dragon ball super saiyan style

transforming while she was battling tirek or something xD

• Brohoof 1

Unicorn.

Eventually she will have to reconcile the fact that she is royalty and will be put in a higher class than everypony else. She can't be a normal ponyvillian (not pony villian lol or maybe she will, who knows) and be a princess. Nopony even bows to her right now but they will (or they should) as she gets older. I just don't like her being exalted over the other ponies. I prefer her as a regular unicorn, non-princessy. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Unicorn by far.

She was better overall, not OP, less annoying, and closer to her friends (who still have dreams to accomplish).

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2

I like her as either one, but I prefer her as a unicorn.  I guess I just think her unicorn form was more on the same level with everyone else.

sig-3896672.end-well-this-will-not.jpg

I will stay as FAR away of this thread as possible, because i know the shit will hit the fan with this thread.

Wow, you weren't kidding; Yoda apparently got decapitated just for showing his face in here.

As much as I genuinely dislike "Magical Mystery Cure," it wasn't even really Twi's becoming an alicorn that bugged me.  That alicorn-ness and princess-ness seemed to go, inseparably, hoof in hoof was more annoying, and the Cutie Mark swap was more annoying still.  But I don't especially mind that Twi's an alicorn.  I'd rather she be the only member of the Mane Six to ever undergo this transformation; in which case she would have taken the alicorn bullet.

For the most part, I enjoyed Twilight more in Seasons 1 and 2 than in 3 and 4, though I will say that Testing Testing might've been my favorite showing of her ever.

With that said, I can't really take much issue with how she's been handled in S5. The premiere didn't revolve around her to the same degree as all the McCarthy episodes have, and she's been a nice mixture of levelheaded leader and awkward dweeb in others' supporting episodes so far. We'll even be getting a nice'n chill slice of life Twily episode, and it feels like forever since we got one of those :wub:. I'm looking forward to it :)

• Brohoof 1