Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Video Game

ANGEL33

I hope Hasbro realizes how good an idea that is! Come to think of it, an MLP game with character creation and open-world gameplay might as well have MMO capabilities, too!

An mmo would be awesome! I mean, the Indi company making the current mmo looks to be doing a good job so far, but if Hasbro got in on it, imagine how much more they could make it!
  • Brohoof 1

An mmo would be awesome! I mean, the Indi company making the current mmo looks to be doing a good job so far, but if Hasbro got in on it, imagine how much more they could make it!

Exactly! If Hasbro actually went as far as to collaborate with the fans, they could really be onto something here!

Exactly! If Hasbro actually went as far as to collaborate with the fans, they could really be onto something here!

I honestly think all they needed to do was give everyone permission. I mean, all they did was say, "Have at it" and a bunch of programmers in the group started making stuff. Just in the past year, we have two MMOs in the works, three fighters, a racing game, an probably a few hundred mods. If anything, all Hasbro has to do is sit back, relax, and gawk at all the free advertising. No collaboration required. Though I agree that if they got off their money-thrones, they could easily make a game to beat them all.

Okay, now alot of you are starting to sound like you're saying there needs to be an MLP: FiM 343 Industries. All 343 is, is a company made by people who love HALO from around the planet. MMO, isn't what I was thinking at all. I was thinking for people, who don't have a very good internet service provider. I mean you want everyone happy. Not a group, who has the MMO and love it. And another group, who doesn't have it and are pissed off because their ISP sucks. And if you had seen the Royal Wedding 2-part Episodes, you'd know that there is action in the show. Oh, don't be talkin' crap about Wind Waker. It was a great game, reguardless of a few minor things, and how long it takes to beat it.

Oh, don't be talkin' crap about Wind Waker. It was a great game, reguardless of a few minor things, and how long it takes to beat it.

Lol, wasn't talking about the gameplay, I was talking about the art style. The characters and landscapes in the game all looked like beautiful art. It can get confusing when there's a 3D game with polygonal models based off of 2D characters. The transition may be a bit awkward compared to the intended perspective in the show and its artwork.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, now alot of you are starting to sound like you're saying there needs to be an MLP: FiM 343 Industries. All 343 is, is a company made by people who love HALO from around the planet.

In fact, 343 Industries is different from Bungie - 343 Industries was created by Microsoft Game Studios. They're completely seperate. And nopony said there needs to be, somepony just heard a rumor.

I would prefer a Skyrim version of MLP.

Open World, create your own pony, do whatever you want.

Sans the blood and epic violence, but yes :D The pony creator would have to be nothing short of infinitely flexible though. And though Angel may rail against it, an open sandbox world connected to the internet in an MMO fashion may be most cool, simply because of the community aspect of it. But then again, it may be it's biggest weakness because of the fact that people can be epic douchebags in online games. It would really depend on how the game was structured. But really, we can hem and haw and speculate as much as we want, but it makes no difference bcause at the end of the day, there IS NO GAME being made. Arguing and bickering at each other is rather pointless :P

But really, we can hem and haw and speculate as much as we want, but it makes no difference bcause at the end of the day, there IS NO GAME being made.

Noone can say that unless they actually work for Hasbro in the MLP: FiM department and are high enough in the ranks to know what's going on in all sections of the MLP: FiM department. For all you know, there could be a game in development. Only time will tell.

• Brohoof 1

You're right, you know. Hopefully they won't do like 3D Studios did for DUKE NUKEM: Forever. And wait 12 years to make, and release it. My god, that would suck!

Yeah, twelve years to make a game is a bit ridiculous - Duke Nukem: Forever is a great game though. But we don't want the game to be made in 4 months and be the worst game in existence.

Edited by EpicPony

Yeah but at the same time, don't wanna wait 12 years or more for something they could've easily made and released today. DUKE's an exception, after beating the game I was able to see the 1997 trailer. Horrible graphics, could've been for something like the Nintendo 64. There were a few other trailers too. One was I believe 2004, graphics were grimey, and Duke looked like Arnold as the T-1000 in the TERMINATOR films. Only he had bulging veins in his arms. And his face looked like DOG The Bounty Hunter with a flat top. So they can do it, it's just them wakin' up and saying "I wanna make a game where someone can create their own pony, and play along side the mane six or play as one of the mane six." They make it, and it'd look as beautiful as FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children did. And they get comments like "I smashed my TV playing the game. Because I was Rainbow Dash flying and there was no wind. And I tried to make to fix the wind function."

• Brohoof 1

Noone can say that unless they actually work for Hasbro in the MLP: FiM department and are high enough in the ranks to know what's going on in all sections of the MLP: FiM department. For all you know, there could be a game in development. Only time will tell.

Actually, I can say this for one reason: have there been any announcements from Hasbro SAYING there is a game in development? No? Then there isn't. Companies/developers announce when they're developing a project, even if it's just using a single splash title screen saying "Hey look, THIS GAME: 20XX!" SquareEnix is famous for this practice, so is Nintendo. Trust me, when they start making a game, IF they ever start making a game, theyll announce it. Because they'll want THIS ^^^^^^The OMG WHAT IS IT GONNA BE I WANT ITNAO TAKE MY MONEY speculation and salavation that comes with teasing consumers with future products. :P

Doesn't everyone know? The people who make the best games for Hasbro is obviously Activision. Have any of you played the Transformers (2007) game? That was so AWESOME!

Plus, I trust Acti enough to have good resources and enough knowledge about is bronies to make the game enjoyable enough for both target demographics.

The only TRANSFORMERS game I've ever played, is "War For Cybertron." And what was a bonus for me was the fact that Johnny Yong Bosch voices Bumblebee in that game. And Steve Blum voices a Decepticon. Getting back to the topic at hand. Because I wandered off for a moment. If Bosch and Blum were voicing in this game but not as characters you'd see in the show, just for the game. People would love it. If I were makin' this game I would so create a pony for them to voice.

• 3 weeks later...

I said, we're dropping the Animal Crossing discussion. If you wanna talk about it, go elsewhere

We decide what is off or on-topic. Any type of video game being made into MLP is perfectly acceptable within this topic, and is not off-topic. As well as people expressing their opinions over a game not being possible to get made. Just because the opinion might be shooting down the idea, doesn't mean it isn't relevant to the topic. You shouldn't or micromanage a thread so much to limit discussion options to what you want to hear. A thread is for people expressing opinions that are on-topic, and not against the rules. None of these are.

Anyway, I don't particularly think a successful MLP game will ever happen. It's the Problem with Licensed Games at work. Likely, Hasbro would just create a game to profit and encourage little girls to buy their toys rather than out of any concern for quality. Sure, they acknowledge the fandom exists, but I doubt they will bend over this backwards to appease it.

For that, you have glorious fangame efforts. There's many that easily reach the production values of games that professional companies could make. (Like Fighting is Magic.) And the best part is that they're FREE! I can't afford most games, so it's nice to have something free that I can play that is made by the fans, for the fans. I think they're enough on an MLP:FiM video game, to be honest.

If one was made though, I'd like a JRPG-style one by Square Enix. But of course, that's just fangasms on my part, and will never happen because my preferences do not sit well with the majority of gamers. Ah, so it goes. I'll just stick with finding FF-style pony fangames. There's always a pony fangame for a genre you like.