Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Video Game

ANGEL33

Okay imma tell you secret, i am currently making a My little Pony Video Game with experienced video game designers, It is going to be a turn based fighting RPG, similar to paper mario. It will have bosses, sidequests, items, and you will play as the mane six and other ponies. It is a very long process and i hope it to be done in 2014, There is about a 60% chance though that the game will be finished and go to beta testing. If i could have some people mix up some music to put in the game, or give me some ideas, it would be very appreciated. It will be medieval styled, like runescape or other popular medieval style RPGs like WoW, this same message is in my topic My Little Pony RPG! There is a 30% chance the game will be finished if i dont get help from people on the forums, tell your friends to lend a helping hand.

Okay imma tell you secret, i am currently making a My little Pony Video Game with experienced video game designers, It is going to be a turn based fighting RPG, similar to paper mario. It will have bosses, sidequests, items, and you will play as the mane six and other ponies. It is a very long process and i hope it to be done in 2014, There is about a 60% chance though that the game will be finished and go to beta testing. If i could have some people mix up some music to put in the game, or give me some ideas, it would be very appreciated. It will be medieval styled, like runescape or other popular medieval style RPGs like WoW, this same message is in my topic My Little Pony RPG! There is a 30% chance the game will be finished if i dont get help from people on the forums, tell your friends to lend a helping hand.

Revive your topic, and I'll read it better & see if I can help. But this discussion revoles the canon video game. (But the fans will probably produce a better one.)

I can see a MLP video game but on the topic of being brony friendly, I'm not so sure.

I would think a side scroller or an racing game would be better imo. Be challenging yet easy to play win win. Also for the racing RDash would have amazing speed but be nerfed by something to keep it fair.

I think a Paper Mario-esque camera perspective would suit an MLP game rather well, that way they could keep the 2D look of the characters without compromising 3D movement. It wouldn't have to be an RPG though, well real time would actually be fine I guess, but I think a platformer or Metroidvania-type game could work well too, what with all the different abilities the characters possess- doors that only open by Party Cannon, anyone? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

They have made many games but for the old types. What about a new game based on quests in Qeustria. You could choose to play free play or story mode. In story mode you get to unlock characters like AppleJack and Pinkie. You would start off with twilight and unlock they could use special powers to help her through quests. imagine being Spike. As a Brony I would love that.

• Brohoof 2

Qeustria.

It's Equestria

Anyway I like the idea myself but more often than not Video games based off of TV shows are terrible. But I don't know it might work =D

It's Equestria

Anyway I like the idea myself but more often than not Video games based off of TV shows are terrible. But I don't know it might work =D

Assassin's Creed is based off history, and if that can work, so can this.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

(edited)

IDK, wish I did. :( Here's what I'd like out of an FiM game if a competent developer picked it up: a Side scroller or semi-3D world with 2D characters like Paper Mario would work best imo, with Metroidvania and/or realtime party-based RPG(I guess both could work together) gameplay. You could play as either the Mane 6 + Spike or the Cutie Mark Crusaders with 2 parralel and/or alternating storylines, maybe sometimes joining forces, fighting against villians new and old trying to save Equestria from evil and stuff. Should also have co-op. ;)

Edited by SBB64

Where's the game? Probably not coming along any time soon. If anything, an iOS game, digital distribution is much easier for a niche title like this.

Plus, it would probably be a very simple game, considering the target audience.

• 1 month later...

I had a similar idea of making a game based on MLP:FiM, But it was larger scale and much more freedom. Being your own pony and interacting with others. Keeping within the limitations of the univerise.

The whole idea is in my head and It would require a large post to place down the whole idea.

Okay, here's my idea:

"My Little Pony: Elements of Chaos"

Discord breaks free of his prison, but finds that his powers are somewhat diminished (because he was hit with the full powers of the Elements of Harmony this time). Because of that and the fact that the elements beat him twice now, he forms the Elements of Chaos and gives them to other villains from the show.

The Elements of Chaos and the bosses that have them:

Despair--Nightmare Moon

Deception--Trixie

Cruelty--Iron Will

Apathy--Flim & Flam

Greed--Queen Chrysalis

Abilities of the main cast:

Twilight--magical attacks

Rarity--detects hidden items and can learn disguising spells

Rainbow Dash--fastest...obviously

Fluttershy--can communicate with animals

Apple Jack--strongest attacks

Pinkie Pie--highest jumper and has pinkie senses to detect hidden enemies

And that's all I have to say for now.

Great idea! But i'd make it a free roamer RPG (Role Playing Game) were you get to make your own pony and build up how they live and meet up with friends and all that. Yeah, That'd be great. =D

So basically you want a MLP life simulator? Sounds like something I would spend HOURS using and most likely forget to eat....I would be in virtual heaven. well I think that if a bunch of college students can make the ground elements of a popular series like portal I think a team of brony game designers could work some "magic" and get us a working personal MLPRPG. If all else fails I'll save some cash and by developing software to make a start product.

The only problem I see with them making a game is that it won't be for Bronys, but more for kids. The games would probably only be a bunch of mine games.

If they did make a game it should be like an adventure game. Play as Twilight and find her friends and get back to Ponyville and save it from some evil.

I wonder how those iOS game will turn out from gameloft.

Which is the only license out right now for games based on it.

If their smart they'll angle the games to be well suited for Bronys and the younger target set.

Rather than going for just one or the other. Simple platformer with funny dialog and such from the cast should be easy enough to do.