Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Is there a spatial warp north of Canterlot?

Zoraxe

(edited)

OK, in this latest episode, Pinkie Pie travels North to the Crystal Empire, but along the way ends up in Dodge Junction. A place south of Ponyville. As seen here...

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130403195243/mlp/images/c/cb/Map_of_Equestria_April_2013.jpg

But we have seen that happen before, near the end of this video.

So whats up with that? Some sort of warp?!

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 1

As far as Pinkie is concerned, she probably jumped on the first train that stopped in the station. As for the CMC, not even sure why they took a train. It was shown in "Flight to the Finish" that Scootaloo can scooter faster than a train, while towing Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom.

Well, aside from Pinkie being able to literally travel across Equestria in less than a day, I guess the trains work like buses. If I were to take a Greyhound from where I live to Portland, I'd first have to go all the way down to Los Angeles then all the way north across California and Oregon to Portland.

Well, aside from Pinkie being able to literally travel across Equestria in less than a day, I guess the trains work like buses. If I were to take a Greyhound from where I live to Portland, I'd first have to go all the way down to Los Angeles then all the way north across California and Oregon to Portland.

Not to mention she SLID ON HER RUMP across equestria . I think it's just the Pinkie Zone at work ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't know guys, the conductor clearly said "next stop, the crystal empire", and then suddenly its Dogde. I don't think this is just Pinkie Pie shenanigans happening here.

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 1

Although I am in no way averse to Pinkie's logic defying shenanigans, there's a point where it bothers me, and that point is where I don't know if I need to throw out entire sections of an episode for the universe to make any sense.  I know it's a cartoon, but it's a great universe with great lore, and I want a fair level of continuity.  I'm not a fan of the geographical flim flam at play here.  And, of course, it's not just Pinkie.  Sometimes Canterlot is spitting distance from Ponyville, sometimes they take a train for several hours.  They walk to A.K. Yearling's cottage at the far end of the world, Pinkie toboggans backwards across all of Equestria.  It all leaves a sour taste in my mouth.  I'll tell you what--let's just make Dr. Hooves' TARDIS canon and I'll be happy.

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie isn't subject to the same rules as the other ponies. In that episode alone she slid up a slide while her friends tried to figure out how they were going to get up it the normal way, and she literally did a form of teleportation that made her come out of Applejacks hat. 

The "Spacial warp" isn't in canterlot, its around Pinkie herself. Even her human counterpart in Eqg has abilities beyond what is considered normal, and humans aren't even supposed to have magic. With that taken into consideration, traveling all over equestria in an illogical manner that no one conceivably could do in less than a day makes some sense in a strange way. 

• Brohoof 1

As far as the instance with Pinkie is concerned: shes just denying your desire to put logic into a cartoon. I see nothing wrong with this.  :maud:

As for the CMC: it was a song montage, don't tell me you've never seen shit that doesn't make a lick of sense during a song montage.  :maud:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

As far as the instance with Pinkie is concerned: shes just denying your desire to put logic into a cartoon. I see nothing wrong with this.  :maud:

As for the CMC: it was a song montage, don't tell me you've never seen shit that doesn't make a lick of sense during a song montage.  :maud:

Pinkie was surprised though, its not something she did, not on purpose anyways. It doesn't seem Pinkie is awara of her weird abilities to teleport.

This is an entire train full of ponies who didn't notice that they just ended up in the opposite side of equestria. But Pinkie did notice this.

Edited by Zoraxe