Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What dual Pokemon typings do we need to have more of?

ManaMinori

Right off the top of my head, I can list 3 dual types that Pokemon needs to have more of, in future generation games- those being the Water/ Fire type, the Grass/ Ground type, and the Steel/ Dragon type. 2 of these dual typings only have 1, count them- ONE Pokemon that exists, out of 700something, that shares that typing. Toruterra, and Dialga. No fire/ water typings, on the other hand, even exist yet. (Volcanion isn't released yet, so it doesn't count)

What dual type Pokemon do you think there aren't enough of?

@Nightmare Muffin, moving this to media discussion since this is a video game topic.

Personally, I'm okay with anything as long as it's not fire/fighting.

oops, my bad. Decision making and headaches don't go hand in hand, apparently.

Not a fan of fire/ fighting? Blaziken was pretty awesme with that typing....

• Brohoof 1

Not a fan of fire/ fighting? Blaziken was pretty awesme with that typing....

True, but every fire starter now and days seems to be fire/fighting. ;D 
  • Brohoof 2

hm, yeah, you're right. 3 final forms with fire/fighting . That's half of the 6 generations. Doesn't look good. Hope they don't go that route in G7.

Maybe a fire/ fairy type finl evo for a starter? Or fire/ steel could be interesting

We now need more fire/fighting starters.

Dragon/Poison. I'm not alone in thinking the Goodra line should have been Dragon/Poison.

• Brohoof 1

Dragon/anything

Seriously, most of the coolest dual typings with dragon are confined to legendaries... something like, say, an undead Ghost/Dragon Pokémon would be sweet. And a Fire/Dragon that looks more traditional(yet still with usual Pokémon flair) that's not a mega evolution of Charizard would be nice too. :squee:

More dual-typed Fairy and Steel types are something this franchise needs. I wouldn't mind more dual-typed Fire types, as long as they're not Fire/Fighting. *glares at Emboar*

Another Electric/Grass Pokémon, too, because it could be a Chlorophyll user that would boost its speed to insane levels. Paralysis immunity would be a huge plus for it.

Aside from the Dragon/(insert second  typing that haven't exist yet), I'm very keen on wanting Grass/(something) here, Why? Because Grass imo doesn't get much love from the pokemon community. Yes we have Mega Sceptile, Roserade, Leafeon etc, but it's not enough.

For now, I'm thinking of a line of:

1. Non Mega Grass/Dragon type

2. Grass/Electric

3. A strong Grass/Psychic

Forgive me if I forgot a pokemon with these typing exist or not.

Anything combined with Ice type. I would love to see some new Ice/Psychic or Ice/Ghost types. Ice is one of my favorites so seeing anything else combined with it would be neat. Oh, and Ice/Steel. Like an Icy Steelix.

Fire/Water, Fire/Grass, Bug/Dragon, Poison/Fairy, and Electric/Psychic are my most-wanted type combinations that are either extremely rare or just haven't happened yet.

• Brohoof 3

Fire/Water, Fire/Grass, Bug/Dragon, Poison/Fairy, and Electric/Psychic are my most-wanted type combinations that are either extremely rare or just haven't happened yet.

This.

Fairy/Dragon could be interesting, as well.

• Brohoof 1

A Dark/Fairy type would be interesting.  A "fallen angel" deal I suppose.  Mega Absol could've been this; it would've synergized well with Play Rough and given it more utility, but oh well.

I also feel that a Dragon/Steel type (that isn't a legendary) and a Water/Fire type would be amazing.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I forgot a couple: Fairy/Ground or Fighting/Ground would be interesting to see. The latter I'd like to see because it would give Fighting another type combination to add. Ice/Fighting would also be an interesting one, because it loses SR weakness and boast excellent STAB coverage at the cost of being weak to itself.

Edited by Kelldrick
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think an Electric/Ice type would be pretty rad to see, or maybe even a Dark/Electric type. I'm pretty sure these don't exist, and I'm a little disappointed the Luxray didn't end up being a Dark/Electric myself. (︶︹︺) //sigh/ 

Edited by Skye-42

I think an Electric/Ice type would be pretty rad to see, or maybe even a Dark/Electric type. I'm pretty sure these don't exist, and I'm a little disappointed the Luxray didn't end up being a Dark/Electric myself. (︶︹︺) //sigh/

ditto. I thought it would be a dark/ electric type, too, when it was introduced. What a shame

I forgot a couple: Fairy/Ground or Fighting/Ground would be interesting to see. The latter I'd like to see because it would give Fighting another type combination to add. Ice/Fighting would also be an interesting one, because it loses SR weakness and boast excellent STAB coverage at the cost of being weak to itself.

how many faiy/fighting types do we have? That also seems like a unique combo. Fairy/ ground could be cool, too.