Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

know the frequency a bass drum vibrates at?

Gear_Crank

I am doing some research on how sound effects things. Does anypony know what frequency a bass drum vibrates at? I would test myself but i don't have one at my disposal. Also, does amypony know the frequency at which aluminium resonates at?

It depends on its waveform, really. But typically most bass drums are a sine. Their frequency varies a lot... some are in the 40's to 50's hz, and some are up in the 100's. It also depends on what key your song is in. For instance, D would be a higher pitch than G. 

• Brohoof 1

It depends on its waveform, really. But typically most bass drums are a sine. Their frequency varies a lot... some are in the 40's to 50's hz, and some are up in the 100's. It also depends on what key your song is in. For instance, D would be a higher pitch than G.

Ok. I wanted to try some stuff with those wave lengths on some solid and hollow aluminium. I was at a concert and the base drum started to make the things around me resonate. I am actually working on a sonic probe.. or svrewdriver.. sonic screwdriver.

Ok. I wanted to try some stuff with those wave lengths on some solid and hollow aluminium. I was at a concert and the base drum started to make the things around me resonate. I am actually working on a sonic probe.. or svrewdriver.. sonic screwdriver.

Oh cool. This info is actually fairly easy to find on google. Just look up bass drum frequency.

• Brohoof 1

There isn't one frequency I'm afraid, different people tune their bass drums differently, so you can have several with varying frequencies, also different sized bass drums will effect their resonation too. There are a lot of factors to take into consideration (if you couldn't tell, I'm a drummer XD)