Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst fears when you get older?

Rye_B_P

Mine is loosing ppl i love :( i allways am afraid fir wath i should do when my parents, friends, pets or anything i lovr is no longer here for me and that i will be alone :( thay makes me want to stop time and never get older

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely the same here. My grandfather had alzheimer and he spent his last 10 without memories, was unable to do anything on his own, couldn't tell us if something hurts...just lying in bed, wordlessly. It is the worst when somebody important to you can't remember you or anything. I can't imagine a worst disease for me. It's my biggest fear.

I empathise completely, my grandmother died earlier this year after suffering Alzheimers for many years - a horrific disease! 

• Brohoof 1

*thinks about worst fears for when I become an adult*

Oh God, wait a minute. I am an adult :o

I'm afraid I'll turn 30 and never do anything awesome with my life. 

• Brohoof 2

One day waking up, not hearing anything from my boyfriend or mother and then getting a call that tells me either one of them died. They're so important to me that I can't imagine what would happen to me if they'd just vanish.

Never having a child and knowing the joy and hardship of raising one would be a second concern.

• Brohoof 1

If anything I would fear Alzheimer's, if you don't know what that is, it's basically a gradual eroding of your short term memory. I like to be sharp.

If anything I would fear Alzheimer's, if you don't know what that is, it's basically a gradual eroding of your short term memory. I like to be sharp.

It eventually hits your long term memory too, to the point where you don't recognise your family (or anyone else for that matter) anymore. People with the advanced stage cannot function on their own, needing 24/7 care. The disease also beings affecting other areas of the brain, slowly shutting them down and can even effect things like your swallowing reflex. 

(Just to clarify, I'm not disagreeing with you, just expanding a bit on what you said)

• Brohoof 1

It eventually hits your long term memory too, to the point where you don't recognise your family (or anyone else for that matter) anymore. People with the advanced stage cannot function on their own, needing 24/7 care. The disease also beings affecting other areas of the brain, slowly shutting them down and can even effect things like your swallowing reflex. 

(Just to clarify, I'm not disagreeing with you, just expanding a bit on what you said)

Yeah, it's a pretty terrible illness. I would fear that as getting older, getting slower intellectually, but I don't. I don't generally fear anything about getting older, hell if anything I look forward to not having to work.a

My two main fears are not realizing my full potential and my body deteriorating. I am only 29 years old and I have already had 6 knee injuries that have required medical attention as well as putting me out of work for weeks or even months at a time (most of which are workers comp injuries). My knee problems are so bad that I can no longer stand in place for prolonged periods of time without experiencing severe pain, even something as simple as a little bit of rain could put me in such serious pain sometimes that I can barely even walk. Granted there are some things I can do to mitigate this but it cannot be completely cured meaning that I will deal with it for the rest of my life.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Skin disease caused by excessive shower.

I just can't resist the hot shower's temptation . >.<

Edited by Noei
  • Brohoof 2

All the medical things that come with getting old, it sounds like a nightmare knowing your life is on the line just because you didn't take today's medicine. I don't think it's worth worrying about right now, just enjoy life for what it is right now. We could all be in a World War 3 tomorrow so make the best of the now.

I fear for not doing everything I could do and having regrets about it. There are some things that I would like to do differently or do again, but what is in the past will remains perpetually in the past, and no amount of effort will change a inch of what happened or bring it again.

I also fear getting weaker and sicker over time and seeing people passing away, especially my parents. My biggest fear is dying alone. Even though I am more scared by how I can die, death itself also frightens me a bit, which think that is is because of anxiety from the unknown. Though I do believe in life after death, sometimes I think about the possibility that there is nothing after death, which is a prospect that terrifies me.

• Brohoof 1

My worst fear would be the time, when my parents would die..i just wish it would never happen. I just cant imagine it...how should i handle it? At this moment thats my worst fear... :(

The other fears would be, living alone for the rest of my love ( like never finding anyone ) and probably never doing that much.

I mean i never did something that important or great in my life, and im afraid its not gonna change anytime soon. Im afraid that it will never change. Im just sooooo lazy.  :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

One of my worst fears when I get older is that I won't have any friends to talk to or I will forget everything. It makes my cry at night :(

*hugs*

I can relate with it, though I don't remember if I had ever cried at night. Anyways, sometimes it is better to not get too worried about the distant future. Life is full of surprises and there is always hope ;)

• Brohoof 2

I don't mind getting older. I actually feel more myself than I ever have without all the hormones making me act irrationally. I don't have a fear of dying or pain, because of all the medical stuff I've been through. At this point I consider myself lucky to be alive, and am grateful for each day I have.

I am concerned with the amount of Alzheimer's and dementia in my family though. It's on both sides, and at 60 my mom is starting to show serious signs.

Because I have a way to go before I'm considered "older" though, I do worry about the death of my father. Of course I don't want to lose him, but more importantly, if he passes, my mother will become my responsibility. She has no income, no savings, and no life. She will eventually live with myself and my husband, along with my autistic brother. It's going to be a very fully house.

• Brohoof 1

-never getting to become soul mates with Taylor Swift.

But for real.

•growing old and alone with a hundred cats.

•dying in a painful way

•becoming a straight out loser with a crappy job.

Angelbabe having to deal with my increased age.

You're already old, Babe.

I'm not that old.

You aren't gettin' any younger. x )

xD

Old man Ziggy.   And me, this irresistible, hot young thing. x3  Don't worry: We'll work it out.

And, again, my mind is put at ease.

You gonna grow a very long beard?  Like, wizard long?

You thinking of Gandalf? o_O

I am not a Gandalf fangirl! >_<