Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst fears when you get older?

Rye_B_P

Well personally I think worrying about the future may be unhealthy and stressful! So I say to just make the most of your time right now and worry about the future when it comes to be the present.

...Though I do worry mostly of how I will change personality wise since I love my personality~ (Because I can't act like a kid when I am an adult)

Edited by ~Nicky~

Mine is not being able to manage myself. As I get old, my faculties will probably be less and less useful. My hope is that I'll be at least as half as self sufficient as I am now, and not rely on others to aid me. Not because I dislike being helped or anything, just that I prefer to rely on myself.

My worst fear for getting older is probably regretting a lot of the things I did as a kid, which I know is inevitable because we grow and change when we get older. I have done a lot of foolish things when I was younger that I regret now as a young adult..but I wouldn't change any of them, because I wouldn't be as well off as I am now... Well, as "well off" as typing on a my little pony forum at 4 in the morning makes you. I just hope I remember that as an old man.

• 4 years later...

"I was told when I get older all my fears would shrink
But now I'm insecure and I care what people think" -TOP

I get concerned about my brain being less absorbent and elastic; making it harder to learn and commit things to memory. My old memories are filed under ‘long term’ in my brain and they’re still strong because my brain was strong when I experienced those times. But now, I have a hard time learning new things. I’m studying Japanese but, even though it’s a hard language no matter what, I could have done much better at it when I was younger.

I'm also afraid of not having children before my window of opportunity passes me by.

And there was a point where I used to be mildly obsessed with accomplishing or creating something permanent I could leave behind when I kick the bucket, but right now I think I can be happy just helping my family and friends to realize their goals in that respect instead.   

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Why would I worry about getting older everyone in my family lives up to a hundred years old and they don't age we are like vampires only we decide at hundred years we are bored of it so bye friends. I literally do not think about it as I'll either be dead because of some stupid reason like I was trying to fix a garden hose got tangled in it and hanged myself yeah or I'll be over hundred years old at best a few gray hairs so I mean I am not worried about it at all really.

My biggest fear though is that I'll become someone lame who bothers others while they are having fun haha.

My main fear is that my health issues will get worse. I've had a lot of them since I was a little kid, so there's a good chance that they will become more of a problem.

I guess the one fear I have about getting older is possible physical and mental health issues that could show up, including cancer. I'm a very healthy person right now though and plan to continue exercising and eating healthy for the rest of my life, and that lessens the chances of getting health problems when older. So honestly that isn't something I'm too worried about. 

If we're talking distant future, I guess I have two main fears.

1. My numerous physical problems (and safety habits that are questionable at best, downright dangerous at worst) causing me to die early. If I'm looking at things hopefully, I'll live to seventy. Realistically, sixty. Maybe even fifty if I'm particularly unlucky. But hey, at least if I die that young, my chances of getting dementia, arthritis, etc. are lower.

2. How uncertain it is. I have a fairly certain (if hopeful) plan of the next five years, a general idea of the next twenty, but after that I just have no clue what could happen and what could go wrong. I'd like a simple life with the job I love, but there's no telling what could change in my life, or what could change with the world as a whole.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Not doing everything I always wanted to do. I mean who doesn’t want to pile drive a dolphin?! 

Edited by BestBoutMachineGlimmy

One fear is getting dementia. To be forced to have all four of your limbs amputated is a far more merciful fate.

I am reminded of Utermohlen's degenerating self-portraits after being diagnosed in 1995.

NOUiOLHFS2sa1GkBr8UooamlGzgiYVFKiWQHvb_4

I think the two drawings before were drawn in 2000 or 2001, though not entire certain.

image.thumb.jpeg.7368ba4bd67513ad18efac0fc7d9589c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5cb52ff696fb98b0445111c68f2fe3d0.jpeg

He died in 2007, though, in a sense, he has already died long before then, and only the more strictly physiological aspects of him was all that remained.