SixShooterOutlaw

Headphones or Earbuds?  

80 users have voted

1. 1. Headphones or Earbuds?

• Headphones
    • Earbuds
    • Both
    • Neither

I prefer earbuds. They're nice to wear, they're easy to use when you want to listen to music out in public and they're aren't as uncomfortable or clunky as headphones.

I would prefer the comfort of head phones but custom ear bud ear monitors are the best don't have one but its what studios use, other then that really good head phones would be the next best thing but on the cheap side ear buds iv found to preform better at low cost.

Headphones.

They're a lot more comfortable while earbuds irritate me, just ain't for me. I can wear headphones for hours but earbuds (depending on what type) are limited to less than an hour.

• Brohoof 3

Headphones over earbuds in general, but both have nice uses in different places.

The main reason I prefer headphones is simply because they are usually more fashionable (at times) and don't hurt my ears from long wear. Earbuds wear on me over the day and often times I'll have to take a break with them. Way more than I do with headphones usually.

• Brohoof 1

Earbuds when running, headphones when gaming.  :toldya:

Off topic but you can listen to music and other audio with peso electricity ether with probes or a conductive bone speaker it stimulates you're ear drums by resonating you're skull by tearing through it with peso electricity. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Generally, I prefer headphones. They're much more comfortable and generally sound better. 

But really it depends on what I'm doing. If I'm working or working out, I prefer earbuds because they stay in better than headphones. For just chilling on the couch on a rainy day with a book, I prefer headphones. 

Headphones, like I'm using as I type. The only time I'll use earbuds is if they have a hook that wraps around the ear too. Headphones also cancel mroe noise, so I get my music instead of the stuff I'm trying to ignore. 

(edited)

Headphones, easily. They're just so much more comfortable and clear. Earbuds are always getting tangled and falling out. They're annoying to clean, very uncomfortable, and often make music sound kinda grainy (at least the ones I've used).

This Razer headset, however, is truly magical.

Edited by GeekySonic
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm too used to earbuds. I tried headphones once, I thought the sound was different and they were hurting my ears...

Edited by Blobulle

Both, Earbuds are less powerful, burn out easily, and are meant for limited mobile use, headphones are powerful, reliable, and are meant for extended home use. people use them differently but this is what they are pretty much meant for. For comfort I prefer headphones because they have cushioning and dont put pressure on your ears.

Doesn't particularly matter to me. As long as there is music I'm content.

Although earbuds are considerably cheaper. I buy a few $6 ones every few months since every pair of headphones or earbuds I've ever used, cheap or not, has broken down on me within months. I've easily gone through over fifty pairs, maybe more, in my entire life.

I've never liked headphones, they always feel uncomfortable and earbuds are small and easy to use imo.

The one thing buds really have over headphones for me: They fit in my pocket. I don't have to worry about them being tangled with the ones I get either since they have a reel.

Headphones by far for me. Not only are they may way more comfortable and better noise cancelers, but whenever I am sitting I am rocking back and forth almost constantly (one of my things I have always done) and if I am listening to music, I tend to do that more, which can make earbuds fall out pretty easily. Headphones do not have the same issue.