Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Things people just don't understand about you

Not Yellow Diamond

In life they're many things that are either misunderstood or incapable of understanding yet people still think they know sometimes...

And then they're things you wish someone would just understand. Perfect example: people are close minded to bronies. I, personally, wish they'd have an open mind and understand that because I'm a brony that I'm not a neckbearded gay loser. 

So what are some things in your life that you think people just don't understand? 

• Brohoof 8

No one understands why I am always a "retard" but in all honesty I am not, I can outsmart them all if I wanted to. 

Its because I have aspergers.

No one understands why I feel uncomfortable hearing other peoples voices or seeing their faces.

Trust me ooBrony I know how you feel. "hugs"

• Brohoof 4

I think many may not understand how complicated my brain is in terms of...well, everything. I have so many weird and odd aspects to my personality and how my thinking process works and I think that might be near impossible to understand, so I blame nobody for that. I am a strange and complicated guy. :P Like how I can feel anxiety for absolutely no reason and how that can start a strange self fueling spiral of bad moodyness. Then there are my very child-like aspects with my personality. 

I am just an overall hard to understand guy I think. I do try to make myself as clear as I can be though if possible.

• Brohoof 2

I have a habit of pointing out incorrect/misinformed statements. Many equate this to me having some form of superiority complex. The reality of the situation is that I like to spread correct information, and if I enter a topic I don't know, I find it fun to look into it. It then becomes an unyielding desire to transfer the correct information to the person. I just like making sure people are informed using accurate and reliable data. ;_;

• Brohoof 4

People don't understand

-why i Dislike when people tell me to be postive.

-why i hate all of my school but it seems to be a better one then my last one when it comes to classes.

-Why i usally  lie

-Why i am often rude

-why i close people out

-Why i am transgender and pansexual

-why i like digtal art more than traditinal Art

• Brohoof 1

they dont understand how dangerous i can be.

that, and they dont understand why i dont like pickles.

not sure if this is the correct response, just putting it out there.

why I hate being stared at... every time I say I have scopophobia they think I'm kidding or glare at me for an extend period of time...

why I like a show about colorful ponies.... this is self explanatory

why I'd rather have one eye over two.... I'm thinking of having my left eye removed simply because it barely works.... everything is blurry in that eye

and the list goes on.... this is all I can think of off the top of my head

People don't understand why I get incredibly frustrated when something doesn't go perfectly as planned.  If a slight error or mistake occurs I will inevitably get angry (ranges from slight displeasure to burning rage), it doesn't matter what it is.

People also don't understand why I work so hard to accomplish any task that I'm given.  Seriously, someone at my job once asked, "why don't you just relax once in a while?"  I replied with, "because if I were to 'relax once in a while' then nothing around here would get done (on the weekends that is)."  If I'm getting paid to do something then I have no reason to slack off.

Not many people understand me at all.

They usually get offended when I'm trying to be nice, because I can't express myself the right way to make people understand that.

I almost never mean any harm to anyone, and I never mean to hurt anyone or offend anyone. But others seem to keep thinking I do...

I'm just bad at expressing myself in an understandable way.

My partner has finally started to understand this though, that's at least one problem off my back. <3

• Brohoof 3

People (Like my mom) don't understand that you can't just say "Get over your anxiety." And be done with it. It takes time. Also, people don't understand that while I may have a happy demeanour, behind the façade there is anxiety and sadness that I don't like to show. Bleh. People.

• Brohoof 3

People don't understand:

• Why I like tornadoes so much and the fact that I wanna record one on camera
  • Why I wanna live in Oklahoma or Alabama (mainly the former)
  • Why I like weather so much in general
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

No one understands that I want a simple job with a boring schedule that gives me an average amount of money like the rest of the planet even though I have the intelligence to aim for university and become a doctor or a surgeon. I do understand why though, their life never has been turbulent enough to just want to settle down and have a stable life, no matter how boring it is. I just want a boring 40 hours a week life, is that so hard to understand?

My head's already full of a hundred thoughts a second, the last thing I want is to make decisions in some high class job, I just want to follow someone and switch my brain off. I don't want to be the top guy, I'd rather be the right hand or the right hand's right hand, just following them around and doing what they say, maybe giving advice once in a while and then going back to doing the things you always do. That sounds so relaxing I could almost daydream about it.

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 7

that my dream job is just be a house husband

This is my dream job, too.  (I don't think I've ever met anyone else who feels this way.  :))  And everyone just assumes that it means I'm lazy, good-for-nothing deadbeat, which isn't true.

• Brohoof 2

why I hate being stared at... every time I say I have scopophobia they think I'm kidding or glare at me for an extend period of time...

why I like a show about colorful ponies.... this is self explanatory

why I'd rather have one eye over two.... I'm thinking of having my left eye removed simply because it barely works.... everything is blurry in that eye

and the list goes on.... this is all I can think of off the top of my head

Dude, I'm pretty sure you can get something for that eye. Heck, that's what monocles were for (I think).

I don't think anyone understands that when I ask what part of the world they're from, if they're attending a certain event or for their Skype or Steam, I'm not trying to come across as creepy, I'm just excitable and over-friendly, and if you're a close friend, live in a place I've been to/know of or are from a hugely different place, chances are I'm going to be intrigued, but I have no bad intentions, I'm just genuinely curious!

(edited)

No one really understands me really. My friends and family have tried to get it but it just doesn't work. I have Selective Mutism which means I have trouble socializing with people I don't know and my anxiety is very high most of the time. Almost everyone I know thinks they have to break me to get rid of my anxiety. It doesn't work like that and they simply don't understand that. Many people also don't understand that I have severe trust issues. I am not paranoid but I think that everyone I trust will eventually turn on me but everyone I tell that too simply says I'll get over it. They said to me when I was five. I'm fourteen now. Other things people don't understand about me are:

-Why I consider myself a pan/asexual

-Why I'm an atheist (even though i've explained it like a million times)

-Why I hate it when people tell me to think positive

-How I can bottle up my emotions and silently release them

-Why I push everyone away from me

-Why I don't like it when people touch me

-Why I prefer to remain alone than with others

-Why I do not want a family

-Why I do not want to be a girl

-Why I wish to remain alone my entire life

-Why I'm fine with how I am right now

The list goes on.

Edited by SquipyCheetah
  • Brohoof 1

I want to say "everything." I really do. But I can't know what exactly people understand or not because most of they don't actually know me. However, I'll try to say what I believe they don't understand.

One of the most common things is that I doubt people understand my need for beauty in this world and pleasing aesthetics. I hate ugliness in a very different way from others, finding it to just be deeply offensive to my senses, and thus dislike the majority of artwork and other such things produced by people. (Really damn picky, I am) I can't even watch a show that I think is ugly even if it's really really good, because it will make me feel overwhelming negative feelings. It isn't because I'm shallow, but because I am extremely sensitive to the appearance of things. Something beautiful just makes me feel really really good in a way I can't explain, whilst something ugly makes me feel the opposite of that. 

Another thing they don't seem to understand is the structure of my relationship with my fiance. People want to treat everything like it's a big deal. Like getting married has to be this big event. I just want to get it over with for the legal benefits. As far as my mind is concerned, I already consider us irrevocably linked. Stop asking me all these questions about things I find trivial. No, I'm not going to have a big wedding. Yes, I will buy a non-wedding dress that is bellow $40. And yes, it will be on a boat and it will be cheap. I have no interest in this lavish overdisplay of wealth that I don't have.

Speaking of that, my mind is ridiculously ruthless in its practicality, and I find a lot of things to be pointless. People don't get that either.

My overly serious nature. People think I take things too seriously, from what I've perceived. That I'm just this elitist with a stick up my butt. In truth, I just want quality. I want everything to be the best it can be, and I want to continue improving. The reason I criticize is because I want that thing to get better. I want everything to get better, so I am never satisfied by anything. Even the most trivial thing, I want that to be better, and I am extremely bothered by low quality. I just want to get to the point and fix things, not mess around and make silly jokes. Yes, I can be silly and I can giggle. That's fun to me. But the thing is, I derive my fun just as much, if not even more so, from improving things and working hard to create quality. I find discussing how to make things better and then implementing them to be fun, and extremely satisfying. Working hard will create more profitable and productive results than messing around, which to me is more stressful because I perceive it as a waste of time. Again, I can have fun and mess around and make the funnies. I'm not a robot or anything. But I don't like doing that as much as most others. I prefer being focusing on something I am passionate about.

I'm just so serious and so sensitive to quality that I am unable to work in a minimum wage job. These jobs eat at me, because nobody cares about the quality of the tasks you are doing, just the speed. Everything in them is so casual, and I need something more. Something where quality matters, and people care. Even if it's stressful and the stakes can be a little high, it's less stressful to me to be trying your best and do something that actually matters than to be scolded at for being too slow just because you wanted things to be just right. Sadly, I'll never obtain a job like that as I need credentials that I will never get. 

People don't understand just how much of a perfectionist I can be.

I'm by no means perfect, quite the contrary, I often fail miserably at what I'm trying to accomplish. It's just that I hate doing things halfheartedly. The phrase "if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right" are words I live by.  

Often I'll avoid doing something, because If I can't put my all into it, it feels wrong to me. Sometimes "good enough" just isn't good enough for me. I'd rather not do something if I can't "do it right" as i see it.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not that complicated, so I don't see how anyone would have trouble understanding anything about me or seeing things from my point of view; but that may be because I myself am able to see things from other people's perspective.

NOBODY UNDERSTAAANDS

But yeah, I mean... My transsexuality complicates things and I'm still dealing with the fallout it's had on my family relationships and the fallout it will continue to have while people still adjust... Eh.

- A lot of people don't quite understand my obsession with certain anime characters. I seriously wish that I could marry one.

- A lot of people don't get how much I love being around animals. If I could go to the zoo everyday, I would just to see the animals.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

-My being quiet and socially anxious is often perceived by others as being rude and anti-social. People misinterpret the reasons why I shut people out and don't bother trying to get to know how I really am.

-Why I hate it when people tell me to "just smile" "be positive" "stop being shy" and things like that. If it were that easy, I would have done it years ago.

-That I'm asexual. The small number of people I have told just tried to convince me that asexuality isn't real.

-Why I like a show about colourful ponies, and anime.

Edited by Emerald Star
  • Brohoof 3