Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Things people just don't understand about you

Not Yellow Diamond

A lot of people don't get why I'm anti-social either. It's likely due to saying something and fearing the worst could be said.

Another thing people don't understand about me is that they don't believe my fears of crowds, and me getting nervous being in one.

• Brohoof 1

1.  As an INFJ, I may seem like an extrovert in social settings.  But in all reality, I'm very introverted.  

People don't understand my internal paradox of being drained by socializing when I seem outwardly to be very outgoing.  They don't understand that I am only being outgoing for them; that I force away my shyness not for my sake, but theirs.  I am motivationally driven  to do things for other people because it's the only way I can help myself; I am motivated by other people even though my core energy stems from my introversion and being alone...  And they don't understand why I sometimes have to decline going out to do things with them or hang with them; sometimes I just need to be alone to recharge, and collect my thoughts.

2.  People don't understand why I hate [personal] pride.  I might sometimes seem to be boasting but usually if it seems that way, what I'm really doing is lightheartedly making fun of myself.  I just prefer to be humble.

3.  People don't understand why a gearhead country boy like me would be a Computer Science major.  Just because I like trucks, quads, and fourwheelin' don't mean I can't enjoy computers.

4.  People don't understand how I have changed in the past 2 years and seem to think of me as the person I used to be, and that bugs me.  I'm not who I used to be anymore.  I'm better than that.  I'm more open-minded than I used to be.

5.  People don't understand why a 20 year old should have hearing problems like I do and think I have attention issues and/or incorrectly think it's due to my ADHD (I have no attention issues, the H is for hyperactive impulses); but I actually do have hearing problems.  I have tinnitus and have had it since I was a kid due to major health issues regarding sinus infections when I was a little kid.  For a long time when I was young I couldn't pronounce my R sounds because I couldn't hear the sound.  After I got rid of those sinus issues and went to speech therapy nobody could tell any difference otherwise.  But when I ask "What" or say "Huh" it's not because I'm not paying attention; I just can't hear you if you mumble at me!   :blush: 

That's all I can think of off the top of my mind.

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

no one understands that im

-canadian

-love nature

-love the sky

-love animals

-listen to heavy metal all the time

-listen to classic music(bach,bethoven)

-i try to act tougher then i am so people will stop helping me

-why i don't like help

-why i like to be alone for hours at a time in the middle of nowhere sitting on my dirtbike staring at the night sky humming a melody while avoiding the world

People don't understand why I get incredibly frustrated when something doesn't go perfectly as planned.  If a slight error or mistake occurs I will inevitably get angry (ranges from slight displeasure to burning rage), it doesn't matter what it is.

I love being a perfectionist too and most of my friends know about it.

The only thing I don't understand is that I'm a fun person but it depends on the mood of the environment and my mood for the day. The only thing that frustrates me is that people think that they are too keen and high mighty that they can't be seen by there own flaws. I am a really good person but once you target me, I won't back down. I won't go down without a fight sir. NEVER!!!  :angry: 

So generally, people don't understand the way I do for fun or to make it fun. Sad so sad.  :( 

• Brohoof 1

Why I fall at random.  In addition to thyroid issues, p.t.s.d. and enough allergies to make anyone miserable I have a condition going on with my ears.  The part of the ear that controls your balance is slowly calcifying.  This is literally destroying both my hearing and my sense of balance.  I constantly feel like I'm on a roller coaster at all times.  I have my good days and will be walking fine but then at random I can't keep my balance and I fall.  This condition limits my ability to walk, bend over and pick things up, stand still for prolonged periods, and at times even sit up straight.  I get many people who don't understand it and will go on about how I'm lazy.  It use to bother me but now I've been dealing with it for so long I just let them have their words and keep going on my own way.

People don't understand many things about me. Like the fact that i can eat like a pig and actually lose weight or the fact that i usually require less than 5 hours a day of sleep.

But if you're talking about things i do, then i guess most people assume i hate the company of others around me. On the contrary - i only dislike people who i find bland, boring, or inferior to me intellectually; i judge whether or not someone is worth my time. If i don't find a reason to be around someone - i won't. I love company, but i prefer to keep a good company.

(edited)

People don't understand why I'm so boyish. 

Just let me talk about history, astronomy and linguistics would you?

And I hate wearing dresses.

Edited by My 43rd Name

People do not know about my medical issues, so obviously it can be bring up a lot of awkward moments. Like they just can't for the life of them figure out why I don't drive. I hate that I can't drive. I hate it so much. I hate burdening my parents and friends. I hate having so little independence. And sadly, people think I'm just stubborn, or lazy or whatever. To be fair, it is true that I can't afford a car, and that's something I can always say if I need to.

People also do not understand my problems eating. It goes well beyond being picky by choice. I have a very sensitive gag reflex. It gets even more sensitive when I am not feeling well, and I am not feeling well a lot. I can't eat the majority of what is edible for others. And even the things I like, if they're prepared slightly off, I all of the sudden can't eat them, too.

I stick to eating a very few limited things, both at home and for lunch at work. What little I eat for lunch at work has, too many times, become a subject of conversation, even among temps. I just don't know why people care so much? Why does it matter what I eat? Why does it matter that I eat the same thing all of the time? Why does it matter that I eat my cereal dry? Just mind your own business!

• Brohoof 1

People just don't understand ME. they say they do, but they don't. I wish they would give me a break and accept me for who I am, like mlp does! They always say I have to "be a lady" or "act normal" well I'm not normal and people just won't ever understand that.

People don't understand my personality - I'm an INTJ - and that I'm not interested in socializing sometimes. It gets really irritating when I would hear people tell me to go out and talk when I'm simply not interested at that time. I also get mistaken for being rude as well.

(edited)

People don't tend to understand:

• My asexuality: What I don't get is why everyone is so dang worried about finding a significant other... What can a husband/wife give you that your friends can't? I do not want to marry or partake in intercourse, and I don't think I need any other explanation other than "because I don't".
  • My being an introvert: You gain your strength from being with people, I gain my strength from solitude. Going back to my previous point, being married to me would be like being alone forever for almost anyone else. I don't work the same way socially as most others.
  • My dislike of social justice. Yes, I'm trans. Yes, I'm against social justice. No, they're not bringing equality. No, I don't feel I need you to worship me in order to compensate for the few who may be against my personal decision. No, I don't feel that you should be forced to agree with my decision.
  • Why I don't want to get drunk. I drink to relax and for the taste of the drink, not to get hammered.
  • Why I'm Christian: So many people say that they cannot believe in God due to all the horrible things happening in the world. I cannot disbelieve God because of all the wonderful things I see happening in the world. So many things I've seen that could have gone horribly wrong... averted last-second. It is impossible for me to not think there's SOME sort of guardian force out there, and if that force is protecting me, it is my duty to serve it as best as I can.
  • Why I don't like bell peppers..... Okay, not even I know the answer to that one...
Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Brohoof 1

- That some days when I'm off work, I don't want to do anything except be lazy around the house. Not sure why some people make a big deal of it. I mean I don't have to do something every single day.

• Brohoof 1

My hatred for small children touching my service dog when I'm out in public.

No it's not that I hate kids.  I just hate spoiled brats who's parents tell them to go pet the nice doggy that is obviously in vest and almost inevitably grabbing and pulling on him somewhere knocking him off balance and away from me so I land on the floor.  AGAIN.  Then you have the kids that will stick their hand inside of my dogs mouth and when they feel the teeth scream that the dog bit them and go running off crying.  At that point it's dealing with the parents and telling them no my dog didn't bite your kid.  Yes I think your kid is lying about it. My dog is raw fed and eats a whole chicken in under two minutes if he bit little timmy's fingers there wouldn't be any left, and so on.  When he is working and people start doing the cutesy voice coming towards us with kids I go in the opposite direction.  All the kids in the neighborhood have learned that when Koda is in vest no touch, no talk, no eye contact.  But the second he is out of vest in the back yard it's play time.  

• Brohoof 1

These are some from me working as a cashier in retail.

Im not a mind reader - When you come in and tell me your looking for this thing that you don't remember what it's called, barely know what it looks like or what it does but you saw it on tv, don't be surprised or upset when I have no idea what you are talking about. Without hardly any information you can't expect me to even slightly know what you're talking about.

This goes into number 2. I don't know everything - People expect me to know a lot more than I do. I don't know how well every item works in the store, I don't know everything about every single animal one may own, about every disease, ect. I try to help if I can but if I don't know it I don't know it. No need to curse at me.

I'm not a target - So please don't throw merchandise at me. I understand your upset about how much this item costs, I have no control over it so please don't throw the cans at me. Or throw all of your stuff up on the counter, give me a dirty look and expect me to be the flash and get everything done like that. I'm only one woman, I do the best that I can.

A LOT OF THINGS :P Like for example, people don't understand why I love Flashlight so much '~' although I will not get deep into that personal thing -_- I have a feeling I will be posting here gradually :derp:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I say weird things, but i swear i'm not crazy. I just obsess over a two-hearted alien, a sociopath, ponies, two twins investigating a supernatural town... :rarity:   Also that i'm a hellenic polytheist. That doesn't mean i kill sheep. Or i involve myself in anything incest-y. Religions can change.  :okiedokielokie:  

Edited by A_mora
  • Brohoof 1

People don't seem to understand the fact that I like to isolate myself for long periods of time. My family and friends are always trying to push me to "be more social" when, in all honesty, I'd rather be by myself in my room on my computer playing games or watching videos of technicolor magical ponies.

I'm an introvert who thrives on being alone. Some of my best ideas for stories and such have come as a result of my own self-isolation.

People also seem to think that I'm rude because I'm not always willing to engage in a conversation or even provide a simple response to a question. I'm not rude, I'm just quiet  >_>

• Brohoof 6