Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Baby/Young Yak on a Sled Fanclub

Paladybug1

In "Party Pooped" an extremely adorable young Yak is on a sled with Pinkie Pie. 

Here he is: 

x240--2U.jpg

Unlike the older people in his country, this yak seemed more nice. He/she held the door open for Pinkie so that she could enter the country:

Ey5ClI6.png

and who couldn't love the adorable way he/she walks with the hopping!

h7iXTO8.png

Even though they will probably not be in any other MLP episode, I think that he/she deserves a fanclub! :) 

• Brohoof 8

So new favorite background characters are taking shape eh? I approve ^^

Young yak is best yak~ :3

Makes me wonder how many yaks are normal, or if just the prince and his guards/military are the exception :P

Probably not, Since they said they would returen with more jacks, I'd think that would be warriors and not cevilians ^^

(edited)

Well they are based off of the VIkings from what I've seen so that might explain their angry nature. 

So new favorite background characters are taking shape eh? I approve ^^

Probably not, Since they said they would returen with more jacks, I'd think that would be warriors and not cevilians ^^

Makes me wonder how many yaks are normal, or if just the prince and his guards/military are the exception :P

Well they are based off of the VIkings from what I've seen so that might explain their angry nature. 

Edited by Paladybug1

I think yaks are based off the native people of really northern Europe, such as the Vikings. The vikings were (in)famously ruthless to the cities they conquered. Hence the "yak doesn't like, yak tears apart" attitude. However, with all those warriors in the yak race, that little youngster added a nice little innocence to the episode. :)

------

That young yak was the best part of the episode. We need a young yak emote. Anyone supporting that idea?

• Brohoof 1

I am disappointed in our fandom. It's been two weeks and we still haven't found a name for this guy!

Bomutus. The latin name for wild yaks is Bos Mutus, so I combined the two. However, because the -us suffix indicates a masculine object in Latin, this name would assume that the yak is a male. Thoughts?

Even though they will probably not be in any other MLP episode, I think that he/she deserves a fanclub! :)

I'm holding out hope that in S6 we'll get an episode where he comes down to Ponyville all by himself to find Pinkie because she left such an impression on him and the girls have to get him back home before it leads to another chance of starting a yak/pony war.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...