Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

friendship games (Friendship Games) Will there be ponies?

SolyWack

(edited)

First off, we need a Friendship Games prefix now.

Actual topic: So in the 2ish minutes of the trailer there was 0 traces of pony twilight or anyone from equestria. Its only a trailer of course, but could it be possible that there will be no ponies in this movie? (besides Sunset Shimmer, but shes pretty isolated from Equestria)

What do you guys think about it? I think it could work, but will be interesting to see how the Humane 6 figure stuff out with Deus e... I mean twilight helping them.

Edit: My wish has been fulfilled! :wub:

Edited by AppleJack_Wack
  • Brohoof 4

If you take note of Human Twi's surprissed reaction when she saw the humane6 at the statie, implies that ponies are at least mentioned in the movie. But considering the possibility that the movie will be aired before the season finale, it's also a hint that no ponies will be involved in the movie 

I think there will be but in one of two ways: Either 1) A journal entry to Princess Twilight about her counterpart and asking both for advice on her counterpart and telling her to stay away and/or 2) The schisms in the fabric of reality allow for the two sets of characters to view each other even if it's rather brief.

But as to whether and pony versions of the characters will star in the movie, I highly doubt it.

I don't think the ponies will be in these movie, mostly because they don't need to be to make these movie interesting, were finally going to see human twilight and hopefully meet new charters that will make this show more interesting, I wonder if there is going to be a human spitefire.

I think there will be but in one of two ways: Either 1) A journal entry to Princess Twilight about her counterpart and asking both for advice on her counterpart and telling her to stay away and/or 2) The schisms in the fabric of reality allow for the two sets of characters to view each other even if it's rather brief.

But as to whether and pony versions of the characters will star in the movie, I highly doubt it.

That'd be cool if they did a journal entry scene like they do at the end of Rainbow Rocks, I love that scene in RR, it was such a heartwarming way to show Sunset wants to change her past.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I want it to be true that the member of the 'mane six' would travel into the world of the 'main 6',but since human twi is involved, it isn't quite possible,cause if you were looking for something strange it that school...

I could be wrong, but I'm going to wager that the ponies will appear in the film in the same manner that they did in the previous two films. At the end of Rainbow Rocks, Twilight told Sunset and the humane five that this wasn't goodbye, that it was only goodbye until next time. Sunset then wrote to Twilight saying that she misses her, hopes she'll return soon, and promises to keep in touch. Those are are all telltale signs that the characters will see an imminent reunion, so I do think there's a very solid chance that Equestrian Twilight will be heading to the human world once again, though her role will likely be smaller than before, since we now have human Twilight in the equation as well as Sunset Shimmer now acting as the lead character.

If they do appear they may appear in the later part of the movie. However if they do not appear at all, I don't really feel we'll be losing anything, because the movie can stand on its own without them, I think. Really I feel their plan is set it up for a fourth film where all the characters meet.

How do i spoiler?... dont care ill just say it. at the end of one of the trailers the human Twi had her hand is the portal as it was going Haywire (no pun intended... i kept it there cuz i intended it) and she was freaking out, calling for help. maybe by then she/they go across.

• Brohoof 1

Ok this is where my theory comes in, in the first trailer why do you think the mane 6 (sunset replacing twilight) was around that portal while Twilight (their worlds) was spying on them? There is a HUGE possibility they were inside the portal to get Pony Twilight's help or advice. or that is the actual pony mane 6. So in my opinion its going to happen.

The human Twilight will found out about the equestrian magic and tried to go to pony land. At least some of the dramas might revolve around this. If so, the possibility is doubled!

• 2 weeks later...

If they will not appear then Hasbro shouldn't be able to use the name "My Little Pony" in marketing. That would be a deception and therefore, they're obligated to at least cameo the ponies. That's why I assume the ponies were involved in the previous movies.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think there will be ponies in Friendship Games. We haven't seen any ponies in any of the teasers or trailers, and if human twilight is there, there would be no reason for pony twilight to go through the portal, unless Hasbro and DHX wanted to make an interesting movie.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah I'm thinking pony Twilight will be kept out of this one (which honestly I'm okay with). I don't think any ponies will appear unless maybe at the end when human Twilight becomes Midnight Sparkle and trys to open the portal or something

There is a chance that there will not be ponies in it, as we saw from the two trailers there is a lack of ponies in it. But it does not mean that we could keep our hopes up to see the pony forms of the characters like we see in Friendship is Magic.

I think when Twilight turns into Midnight Sparkle, she'll break the wall between worlds. If you look in the background of her doll, you can see a shatter and ponyville.

sig-4018784.tumblr_nsc8d3CVoI1tvllp6o2_1

That's actually a possibility. Good observation. I wonder though if maybe they will just have the tear open and tease is, like in Do Princesses Dream. Like they never actually go to Ponyville, its just an open portal in the background while the climax takes place.

• Brohoof 1

That's actually a possibility. Good observation. I wonder though if maybe they will just have the tear open and tease is, like in Do Princesses Dream. Like they never actually go to Ponyville, its just an open portal in the background while the climax takes place.

Could be considering one of the images from Friendship Games shows the Everfree Forest.