Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Multiple Online Names?

Leif

I have a number of online names. 'Envy' is a username that is taken so often, you know...

My favorite other username to use is 'Aulos'. I came up with it a couple of years ago (roughly). It's the name of an ancient Greek double-reeded instrument. So it fits me in so many ways - my love for music, music history, woodwinds, double reed instruments, the history of them... Also history in general. Also, I oftentimes love the way that ancient Greek/Roman words look/sound! And this is not exception!

(Someone once nitpicked me once on how the word is 'male' in gender... Like what? It's an instrument's name! And being 'male' gendered in the concept of language gender is really meaningless to me).

Some others:

WoodwindsRock (Mainly social networking/video game IDs)

Radiant (what I used to pick when I couldn't get 'Envy')

Bassoonista

Hm... Can't think of any others that I regularly use... Although many of them are instrument related. xD And have been since about... 2005? Except back then it was clarinet. Lol.

I used to go by multiple names on other websites (said accounts I don't remember the names for), nowadays most of the usernames I choose always involve "Chirox", said name coming from one of my favourite villains in the bionicle universe (makuta chirox) and after repeated use just sorta stuck.

Aside from my personal Facebook account, my only username across the Internet is GeekySonic. And wherever I go, I make it clear to other users that I am a Brony, because this avatar is also the exact same one I use for all social networking platforms.

I have 2 different names online. There is one which i will not say that i use for everything non-mlp and there's this one; Flaming_Wolf01 (Or just Flaming Wolf.) that I use for everything mlp. It is well known that a huge chunk of the internet absolutely despises bronies. The reason why I do this is so I can still engage with brony activities without tarnishing the reputation of my other channel. One day I might start making brony analysis videos as Flaming Wolf and Gaming videos as that-one-channel-that-I-won't-name.

So what are your thoughts? Do you use multiple names/accounts online? and why?

I like to multibox. I follow a code of honor that I take very seriously that prevents me from putting me in an advantage over others. No Agent Smith nonsense.

I do get a bit worried about something that you are mentioning. About tarnishing your reputation. I hope that you know that it is not very hard to pinpoint Flaming Wolf 1 to Flaming Wolf 2.

Secondly, while it's a great thing to try to maintain a good reputation, as you get older you will start to realize that none really cares about who Flaming Wolf is and... when you get even older you will start to realize that no one cared who Flaming Wolf was in the first place. Just don't put all your eggs in that same basket, okay?

I haven't used a different name online since I was 15. Before then, I'd constantly switch names. But nowadays, I'm always Arylett. It may have varied or changed somewhat from Arylett Dawnsborough to Arylett Charnoa, but I identify most with Arylett itself, and respond to it much more than my real name. It IS me, and it's been me for several years. Anything else doesn't feel right.

I made a lot of usernames in the past but those aren't related to the time I got into ponies. However the names associated cause of them are

- Shadow Derpy

- Shadow Chicken Pie (Pinkie is cute in a chicken costume)

- Sunrise Surprise (current and hopefully the 'mane' account)

I also make funny Steam names replacing 'Sunrise' with Sun words. Things like Sunflower Surprise or Sunset Surprise or Sunday Surprise, and etc.

I generally stick to 09thRoad or some variation thereof (O9thRoad, NinthRoad, etc) for most of my non-essential online identities. That being said, I've had numerous other identities over the last decade and a half, including SonicBreaker7, Seran, AzarathAngel, VagrantShard, TrinalHeart1103, Gizamimi, Ppijjukgwi, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Pink Mist (or Misty Rose here on the forums) is my online brony identity, so I only use it for brony things.

I use chikadulce which was a username my mom used frequently for other sites I register in.

Ladybug10 is a username I haven't used in quite some time, but I went by that name on some online game sites.

Gwengirl10 is a real oldie, used it on alot of game sites back in the days of my Ben 10 nerd years ^_^

Back then, I had a few. Now my main ones I try to keep are Lunia for MLP and the rest I can't reveal for copyright reasons.  ;)

I've had a few different usernames over the years. PoisonClaw (or some variant when this one is already taken) is my go-to username nowadays, but back when I was less comfortable on the internet, I didn't want any of my accounts to connect so I tried to make them all something different.  

Leo_Blazer was my pen name, DreamVirusOmega is still my DA name and for a while I used Kurt_Zisa for a few forums and GaiaOnline (man, that was a long time ago...)

I have a bad habit of making a different name for each account. There really isn't a point considering how little I say or produce, but I guess it is force of habit.

(edited)

Usually, when I join a website, I always go under the pseudonym Blackened, unless it's taken, then in which case I'll put Blackened Blue, with undercases and other things that aren't likely taken if need be.

Edited by Blackened

I have had many strange usernames before, like TheOverlordOfAllPies or GGWEBDAWG and some I like such as my Minecraft username, it is PixelatedPony. I don't remember my other usernames I've had. :P

Infinite (Gravity Falls forums, IWBTF, GitP)

Infinite901 (most websites)

InfiniteTilde (Twitch)

Martha H (Gmail, Twitter)

ember (usually for LGBT-related sites, also Deviantart)

ember901 (FIMFiction)

MRain (Smash tag)

Kyrgyzstan_

InfiniteLegend