Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Last YouTube video you watched?

Lunar Glow

(edited)

Wasn't bored but got "distracted" so here's some random clips from my Windows Videos folder that I was watching ... (I made YouTube compilation! :D ) Warning, includes swearing ...

Edited by Tropical Melody
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

A (for the most part, accurate) summation of why most blockbusters these days are mediocre at best.

My only gripe is the whole "Hollywood Liberal Agenda" nonsense being put at the very end for the sake of making a non-political subject political, but it's a thing to be expected these days. Though on that note I will say there ARE movies that instead of doing an actually good job of representing minority groups, just shoe-horn them in for the sake of diversity and appeal across different demographics.

Yes, I say again that I (and also the person making this video) believe Martin Scorsese was right when he compared some blockbusters, Marvel movies in particular to "theme park rides" with no real substance and if that offends you, that's your problem not mine. I can only think of a handful of blockbuster movies that can really rival actually good pre-2010 blockbusters like the Spider-Man movies (the ones with Tobey Maguire and JK Simmons, first two of course though), the first two Terminator films (the last three have all fallen into this same cesspool though from what I've heard), the Lion King (the one from the 90's that's really good), the Back to the Future movies, the first two Alien movies, Jurassic Park... I could go on.

Yeah there's last year's Joker among a few others, and there's some good animated films in there, but most of them have been kind of flat, one-dimensional messes from what I can tell... Most of which don't remotely deserve their popularity.

Edited by Furret ᐡ꒳ᐡ
  • Brohoof 2

A blast from the past and no mistake – got the DVD somewhere ...

When I was a kid seemed like the BBC showed this every year regular as clockwork – this and "The Singing Ringing Tree" which was seriously freaky. Got that DVD too! Oh and mustn't forget "White Horses" that was always being repeated as well.

:D

• Brohoof 1