Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[MAJOR UPDATE - PLEASE READ] Poniverse Mascot Summerpalooza Contest!

Batbrony

I hope it does not impose any difficulty for creating a new story. With having to use a template, we are already somewhat restricted as to content. I hope that the templates are finalized soon so I don't have to worry about whether I have to rewrite something closer to the deadline. Things like cutie marks.

I'm not sure if we'll have cutie marks up (in fact, I'm sure we won't), but like I said, DON'T be afraid to do something with those OR most importantly special talents in general.  Even if what you described as a cutie mark were not retained, you might still get the special talent itself down.  Also, the only fics that will really, really have to worry about possibly having to revise after the contest are the ones that will win in case the staff needs them to do anything, since the rest won't be canon in Poniverse.  Anyways, should be getting the full disclaimer up tonight or tomorrow, so don't you worry.  :D

• Brohoof 2

Nova fic writers, you better make them thenomenal! Because you know

1. I'll be reading them
  2. We're up against EQ.TV
  3. <3

good-man-salute-meme-generator-sir-yes-s

I've fully prepared myself. B)

• Brohoof 3

Virdian fic writers, you better make them good! Because you know i'll be reading them all with much gusto! :D

I shall do my very darndest, my good sir! :okiedokielokie: *Salutes Yozer, swivels around 180 degrees on heel of foot, and marches away* lol

• Brohoof 3

Ok so i have a few questions

1: i am 14 so will my story be accepted?

2: Where would i send my story to get it judged and reviewed?

3: Since this will be my first fanfiction could i have an example of how to lay out my story if you know what i mean

1. I don't see why not - you are above 13 and so you are allowed to use MLP Forums. 

2. You'll need to add your published fiction to this folder on FiMFiction.

3. This is really up to you! This is what makes your story unique.

• Brohoof 3

This is my first time of posting for real. I was wondering how to make a mascot. I can't even do pictures or draw pictures of ponies. Sobs

Well the good news for you is that we've already taken care of that on our end! ;)  You're not making a mascot, you're selecting from a pool of mascots that Poniverse already has; read the original post on the first page of this thread again carefully, you'll find all the mascots available to write stories about underneath a spoiler tag about halfway through it.  Also, you'll need to create a Fimfiction account in order to be able to submit the story; you can get there by following this link.  Hope this helps!  :muffins:

MAJOR UPDATE #1: Any writers who were interested in Pony Roleplay's mascots, I have an update for you all.  Pony Roleplay has some new information about their mascots, which you will find below.  Art may be forthcoming in the future, but for now if you have any questions about their appearance or what pony species they are, or any other questions about them you think might be important, send a message to Fhaolan (who runs PRP) and he should be able to help you out.

Wordplay is the stallion depicted in the various artworks, and is the storyteller and RPer of the family. Fair Dice is his fractionally younger twin sister, and is far more interested in the mechanical aspects of RPs, with resolution systems, min/maxing, and so on. The little-seen Road Map is the much older brother who spends his time in the basement running massive, overenthusastic wargame scenarios such as the War of the Sun and Moon, or the Fall of the Crystal Empire. And painting all those miniatures. Can't use unpainted miniatures, you know! That would ruin the experience.  ;) 

• Brohoof 5

Feel free to tell a story from another character's perspective so long as the mascot is still a main character.  As for copyright disclaimers, we'll be releasing an update soon letting you know exactly what winners have to do in order to be able to accept their prizes, but if you wanted in your story description to cite Poniverse as the owners of any mascots used, that would be great!  Keep your eyes peeled for updates in the coming week.

Alright, that helps make my current idea more usable. Thanks.

• Brohoof 1

Good morning everypony, got another very important update for you all this morning about the contest (which you can also find in the OP as well).  This one's just some legal information about what use of the mascots in your fics will entail, but it's very important nonetheless, so please take a second to look it over.  :)

MAJOR UPDATE #2: Mascot Copyright Disclaimer, PLEASE READ!!!

By submitting an entry to this contest, the author grants Poniverse.net the unlimited right to reuse ideas, stories, details, etc., from them in whatever ways it sees fit, now or in the future.  Authors of winning entries will be required to sign a formal agreement that transfers ownership of the fic in its entirety to Poniverse.net in order for their entries to be fully accepted as Poniverse canon and claim their prizes.

• Brohoof 5

Please note the changes to the waiver portion of the contest rules.  They now read as following:

"Authors of winning entries will be required to sign a formal agreement that transfers intellectual property rights for the use and publicly available free publication of the fic in its entirety to Poniverse.net in order for their entries to be fully accepted as Poniverse canon and claim their prizes.  Poniverse's intellectual property rights will not include the ability to publish the stories for sale or monetize the stories beyond publishing them in a publicly available format on any of Poniverse's websites."

This provision was added to assure users that we will not be attempting to sell or monetize the submitted stories, and that the waiver only exists to allow Poniverse to use the story in future promotional efforts, and re-publish the story on our website to make the backstories of our mascots available to all of our users.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I'm not gonna enter. I'm not gonna enter. Dangit I'm gonna enter.

Already cooking up an idea for Wordplay (who else would I write about?), gonna start planning/writing tomorrow.

EDIT:

Quick question/point of clarification: I'm assuming this is Wordplay?

244e24n.png

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 3

Unfortunately I'mma have to rescind my entry. I was unable to be on a working internet and word processor using system until yesterday and my story related thought trains decided to meet up and now there's a whole mess of info piled into a large burning wreckage of train parts and story info and that means back up until I get that sorted out and that's an if thanks to writers block thanks to a rough week of unfortunate irl events and no sleep for two days, can't do anything but the next, and then no sleep for the following three days. Maybe I'll catch the next writing contest. 

Maybe I'll catch the next writing contest. 

Just don't turn in to me. I said that for three years and I still haven't successfully submitted anything to a contest.  :lol:  I bet you can do it! No one is expecting a 25,000 word masterpiece. Heck, I'm just now hoping on this train, and you've had more time than I have to come up with a story. I believe in yoooou~ 

Just don't turn in to me. I said that for three years and I still haven't successfully submitted anything to a contest.  :lol:  I bet you can do it! No one is expecting a 25,000 word masterpiece. Heck, I'm just now hoping on this train, and you've had more time than I have to come up with a story. I believe in yoooou~ 

I'll try not to. Appreciated but I'll message why I must resign. 

Under Major Update #2...

It says that we have to sign a "formal agreement."

1. Do you have to sign in IRL? Do you have to mail it to my house? Do I have to then send it back?

2. I totally would be cool with one of those "Do you accept these terms and conditions?" things. Just send it to me via Google Forms. :)

A contest huh? Sounds interesting

A contest huh? Sounds quite interesting to me and i might see if i can do it......but i probably wont since i am new

Better decide quick...you have until August 9th to submit your entry.  ;)

Under Major Update #2...

1. Do you have to sign in IRL? Do you have to mail it to my house? Do I have to then send it back?

2. I totally would be cool with one of those "Do you accept these terms and conditions?" things. Just send it to me via Google Forms. :)

I'm not sure what they're using, but I imagine it would be far simpler to use a contract with a digital signature. Holds just as much legal weight as a physically-signed contract and is much easier to acquire.

Under Major Update #2...

I don't know what we're specifically going to use, but I'm sure it'll be electronic in nature, that's just simpler for everyone.  :grin2:

I don't know what we're specifically going to use, but I'm sure it'll be electronic in nature, that's just simpler for everyone.  :grin2:

I'd imagine it'd most likely be a fill-and-sign PDF, that's what I've seen done before. Really it's up to the Feldbr0.

• Brohoof 1

Viridian Meadows: Equestria.tv'scot loves to gather her friends up for late night movies. She loves to crack puns and jokes (much to Viola's dismay at times), and is very much the jokester of the group. She can be quite the sassy pony too; quick with comebacks and always the one to break the silence. She's very confident and sure of herself. Sometimes, she run her mouth and fail to be careful in what she says, and that can be a bit of an issue. She's a budding filmmaker.

sig-3908664.sig-3908664.sig-3908664.sig- 

May I ask... What's her cutie mark?

(I'm not entering in this competition, there's another event and I'm doing a story for a friend for that day and it's featuring this oc... But I need a cutie mark please.)

sig-4002479.sig-3908664.sig-3908664.sig-

(I'm not entering in this competition, there's another event and I'm doing a story for a friend for that day and it's featuring this oc... But I need a cutie mark please.)

Not applicable I'm afraid.

• Brohoof 1

sig-4002479.sig-3908664.sig-3908664.sig-

What Jeric said; we have no canon cutie marks for them yet.

What Jeric said; we have no canon cutie marks for them yet.

Is it safe to assume that, should a cutie mark be established in a winning story, that becomes the canon cutie mark (pending Poniverse approval)? Because I'm terrible at coming up with cutie marks.  :lol:

Is it safe to assume that, should a cutie mark be established in a winning story, that becomes the canon cutie mark (pending Poniverse approval)? Because I'm terrible at coming up with cutie marks.  :lol:

That'll be up to the judges.  If cutie marks need to be changed for winning entries (while retaining the spirit of what they convey), we will let authors of winning entries know and work with them.

That'll be up to the judges. If cutie marks need to be changed for winning entries (while retaining the spirit of what they convey), we will let authors of winning entries know and work with them.

What Batbrony said. I want everyone to pay attention to this answer and revert back to it in about two to three weeks. ;)

Man ... obvious hint of things is obvious.

• Brohoof 2