Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[MAJOR UPDATE - PLEASE READ] Poniverse Mascot Summerpalooza Contest!

Batbrony

Man ... obvious hint of things is obvious.

[is stupid and doesn't see the obvious part]

Regardless, I FINALLY FINISHED. Gotta spruce a few grammar things up, but other than that...I should be able to submit to FiMFiction tonight. *gulp* Anyone know how long it usually takes to get a story approved there? 

• Brohoof 1

Regardless, I FINALLY FINISHED. Gotta spruce a few grammar things up, but other than that...I should be able to submit to FiMFiction tonight. *gulp* Anyone know how long it usually takes to get a story approved there? 

IDK, but I'm scared as hell right now, and I'm only 2/3 done. :blink:

I only have one story up there myself, but it only took a day or so for one of the staffers there to flip it to 'published'. As I said, I've only got the one story so my experience might not be typical.

Welp, just submitted it. This is nerve-wracking. I hope people enjoy my story.

And good luck again to those who have entered already and those who have yet to submit!  :)

• Brohoof 3

Question: Is it possible for one work to win all the prizes? Because this super-long-very-nice story just popped up, and I haven't read it yet, but I'm seriously thinking that it might just be better than anything I could ever write.

• Brohoof 1

Because this super-long-very-nice story just popped up, and I haven't read it yet, but I'm seriously thinking that it might just be better than anything I could ever write.

Is it the 24,000 word story by Silver Letter? If so...agreed. That's an admirable length. Sadly, I don't have the time to read it juuust yet.

Go for it! Can't hurt to try for it. And who knows? You might write an amazing story that focuses on one character that wins for that mascot hands-down.

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

Is it possible for one work to win all the prizes?

I guess if it somehow includes all of the characters. The story I included only had one. It's too bad that not all the characters have been represented so far. I would have written two stories for two entries if that was allowed.

I guess if it somehow includes all of the characters. The story I included only had one. It's too bad that not all the characters have been represented so far. I would have written two stories for two entries if that was allowed.

Yeah, I expected a lot more entries at this point. Maybe they'll extend the contest for a few mascots, should they not get a story?

I guess I was just expecting all the characters to be there as it was so long  :lol: How do you have the concentration levels to write that much? I'd never be able to manage that!Then I (began) reading the thing and realised that it was just my own assumption.

After the three new additions last "night" (night in my timezone), I think all the characters are covered? I might have to check to make sure. (And now I also have competition for all the characters in my story (Buffy, Viola and Viridian), I'm seriously considering to recheck the rules to see if it allows me to edit my entry)

• Brohoof 1

I guess I was just expecting all the characters to be there as it was so long  :lol: How do you have the concentration levels to write that much? I'd never be able to manage that!Then I (began) reading the thing and realised that it was just my own assumption.

After the three new additions last "night" (night in my timezone), I think all the characters are covered? I might have to check to make sure. (And now I also have competition for all the characters in my story (Buffy, Viola and Viridian), I'm seriously considering to recheck the rules to see if it allows me to edit my entry)

Yeah but I think the contest was about backstory so I gave a good amount. It took about a month to finish.

You're right. It appears that there are a few last minute entries.

Hey, I saw a bunch of late submissions, will they be judged or nah? 

I'm calculating my chances of winning, and the more submissions, the lower my chance will be XD

Yes, they will be, as all of those authors contacted me and told me their entries might be a bit late.  Now, however, I believe submissions are officially closed.

Yes, they will be, as all of those authors contacted me and told me their entries might be a bit late.  Now, however, I believe submissions are officially closed.

damnit now I know I'm not going to win anything

Oh well! XD

damnit now I know I'm not going to win anything

Oh well! XD

Oh you never know, we'll just have to see how all the submissions turn out.  Good luck!

• Brohoof 2