Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you watch fireworks?

Allen

I really love firework. But I like it more to make my own firework instead of watching firework from others (what is also really nice). I am always excited when I can make my own small firework on new year. ^^

Every year there is a big fireworks show downtown, and ever since I was little, I've always had a family member take me to go see them. Even though I'm an adult now, I still can't stand the thought of not seeing them.

This year, however, the show wasn't even visible. They decided to go ahead with the show even though it was cloudy and raining. The music that it was synced with wasn't great at all. It sounded like they just mashed random clips of songs that had nothing to do with America together.

This year was disappointing. 

• 2 years later...

I've ended up hating fireworks, mostly because I live downtown close to where they do the fireworks shows. So things get very loud for me when they have them, which is like 10-20 times a year.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

If I get a chance to see them, I would watch them. I was kinda watching the New Year 2019 fireworks, however, I was more interested in talking to someone at this forum at that very time. There is always a next time for fireworks! :mlp_icwudt:

Spoiler

If you remember who you were, that talked to me, bonus to you! I cannot forget, too much fun! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I only like the professionally done shows. Neighbors try their bigger ones but they don't compare, inside I'm all bah, humbug as I cringe due to the noise. And my area isn't getting the professional July 4th fireworks this year, too many fires in recent months.

I remember it was new year and I was sitting at the entrance of my old house during childhood. You could see the firework display over the treetops, but my eyes were fixed on the sky like the sky is fixed above me. And then this group of adolescents walked in front of my house and threw a lighted firecracker next to my feet. They were probably expecting to scare me. But I didn't flinch or move when it went off. And I just looked at them. And their eyes went wide open. And they had this instantaneous moment of self-reflection and disappeared from sight. I've seen that reaction before. And then I continued looking at the sky.
I just don't see the purpose, to be honest. Same with fireworks. So, whenever is new year, "christmas" or capitalism day, as I like to call it. I just look at the firmament and ponder about the thoughts of the creator, and whether he has an answer for this.