Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I would want to see a EG spin off series with Sunset Shimmer as the star

SixShooterOutlaw

(edited)

I think it would be really cool if they made a Equestria Girls tv show with Sunset Shimmer as the lead character,she would make a very good lead and she could use her book to write friendship reports to Twilight like Twillight did with Celestia (and she could make appearances in the show too)!.

And the possibilities for episodes they could have one were they learn to drive (Fluttershy would drive too slow and Rainbow would drive too fast!).

The Dazzlings could be recurring antagonists at the school and The CMC could try getting random jobs around the city!

What does Everypony else think?

Edited by SixShooterOutlaw
  • Brohoof 2

Can we please have an episode where they form an E-sports team, or where Rainbow and Applejack enter some video game competition?

• Brohoof 3

Can we please have an episode where they form an E-sports team, or where Rainbow and Applejack enter some video game competition?

That would be funny, it would probably end up with the two of them going head to head...then tying.

I would love to see a spin-off series with Sunset as the main lead, I think it'd be interesting since she is an interesting character now and works much better as a protagonist than an antagonist.

• Brohoof 2

I would absolutely love a spin-off series. Sunset Shimmer is such a great character. She has no doubt changed the most out of any character in the series (isnt that kinda what defines a protagonist). But a lot of people see the highschool setting as "cliche". But seriously, EVERYBODY SAYS THAT ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Like what do you want them to do. Go into medieval times to fight real dragons and be real horses. I don't know if you guys know this, but the Human world is kind of boring. The High school setting is the best option they could go with. And imo, they put a pretty good twist on it with the equestrian magic stuff.

So my opinion, I would love a spin-off series, but i feel our small group is in the minority.

• Brohoof 1

It's possible for an EG spinoff to come to play. First, I don't think Hasbro wanna lay down it's only weapon against Mattel's Monster High, second, the target demographic of FiM didn't changed, but the audience did. Just make the math, supose that you belonged to the target demographic when the show started back in 2010, but now we're at it's fifth season in 2015, you're 5 years older since the show started, you wanna move to more mature stuff, and if they don't wanna make a time skip with the CMC as teens in equestria, they might focus on the human girls or older human crusaders. They did that change back in G1 from the first show to MLP Tales, it's more likely they do it now since FiM reached ridiculous amounts of success

I would absolutely love a spin-off series. Sunset Shimmer is such a great character. She has no doubt changed the most out of any character in the series (isnt that kinda what defines a protagonist). But a lot of people see the highschool setting as "cliche". But seriously, EVERYBODY SAYS THAT ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Like what do you want them to do. Go into medieval times to fight real dragons and be real horses. I don't know if you guys know this, but the Human world is kind of boring. The High school setting is the best option they could go with. And imo, they put a pretty good twist on it with the equestrian magic stuff.

So my opinion, I would love a spin-off series, but i feel our small group is in the minority.

The best way to go about it is not confine them to high school and have them doing things outside of the school, and maybe have like equestrian magic seeping into the human world maybe?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have an idea that I'm very curious about and I think would present an interesting dynamic.

We all know that there are human counterparts to all the ponies from Equestria. The main point of Friendship Games, (from what I've gleemed from the trailer) seems to be the introduction of the Human counterpart of our Twilicorn we have all come to love so much.

Now we know that Sunset Shimmer originally came from Equestria. She decided to stay in the human world to redeem herself and learn about friendship from our pony's human counterparts.

This means there are two Sunset Shimmers currently residing in the Human world.

Let that sink in for a moment.

I would love to see the human Sunset Shimmer make an appearance at some point, or have the pony version return for a cameo in some capacity episode in the future. Maybe even pull a season 3 finale like twist, and have the human Sunset Shimmer somehow join the pony mane 6, as a permanent character.

Thoughts anypony?

Edited by emeraldburst
  • Brohoof 1

Sunset Shimmer proved herself to be a really strong character in RR.  She had a great character arc there, and I wouldn't mind seeing her as a leading lady in a new series.  (And the idea of Rainbow Dash behind a steering wheel terrifies me for some reason! lol)

• Brohoof 2

The best way to go about it is not confine them to high school and have them doing things outside of the school, and maybe have like equestrian magic seeping into the human world maybe?

I can name liie 5 Disney shows the took place in highschool, or at least had them going to highschool 

granted the live shows and they only had so many sets but animation yeah if they didn't soly stick to the highschool as a setting coulddo all sorts of plots

like cyper bullying ,kind of thato ne trikcy

facing fears, goals yada yada.

If their is a TV series, I hope that they take inspiration from shows like Sailor Moon, and Buffy The Vampire Slayer instead of Monster High and stuff :P

Yes, I'd love to see a spin-off series of EG,although I admit I don't particularly like the "high school setting",but I like the characters.

It may have good potential. Also, I might have a chance to see more often (perhaps) the human counterpart of Trixie Lulamoon..