Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Banner Contest - July 2015

Jeric

Important note: Please read the general rules below before submitting your banner. Otherwise, it may not be accepted!

Submit your banner to the Admins ArtemisLavoJeric, Love, and Spoon (and nobody else) by Wednesday, July 22nd at 11:59 PM (EST). Voting begins immediately!

Theme is - THERE IS NO THEME. ARTIST CHOICE AGAIN!

For those who don't know, we used to have banner contests every month. The winning submissions, chosen by our wonderful members, would be used as the site's banner. We now do contests a bit differently this time.

Four weeks, four banners
In the past, the winning banner was used for a month. Now, we'll have a new banner each week. For three of those weeks, we'll be using the top three banners in the contest.

For the fourth week (not necessarily the last), we'll spice things up a bit. Three things can happen at this point: 1) the staff pick a fourth banner from the existing contest submissions, 2) we ask members to make a banner under a special theme (e.g., an international holiday or other special event), or 3) you send us a submission of your choosing (bonus points if it's episode related!).

This also means...

You can use any pony (or ponies) you want
In the past, we allowed only certain ponies to be used in each contest. For example, one month was all about Applejack. Another was about the CMC. The rationale behind this was simple: to give less popular ponies a shot at success. But that was when we had one winner. Now that we have four (three for the contest, and one for the bonus), that's much less of a problem.

Finally...

Don't hesitate to send us banners outside of contests - Especially Season 5 Episode Banners!
Seriously, we love it when you send us banners! If you want to show off your creative talent, that fourth slot could very well be yours. Go nuts!

General rules and submission instructions

- Banners should be approximately 1000x255 pixels and saved as a .png file. More info here

- Send contest submissions to the Admins (and nobody else) via PM

- Send bonus (fourth week) submissions to all the admins in one PM. This can be done at any time during the month

- One entry per member

- All entries must adhere to the current theme, but creative liberties may be taken (to fit an airing FiM episode, for example)

- Anyone who wishes to edit an entry that has already been sent may do so, as long as the revised version is submitted by the deadline

- All entries must have the name of the forums, MLP Forums, as well as being pony-centric and related to the show in some way. That being said, feel free to be creative!

- All forum rules still apply. Any entries that do not adhere to these rules will not be accepted

- Please do not post your entries anywhere else on the forums until after the winners have been announced. Although we can understand your excitement to show others your hard work, please keep them under wraps

This month's theme: Artists Choice!

- Just do your thing 

- Go ... hurry ... get her done. 

If you have any other questions or comments, let us know down below.

And so, without further ado, let's begin. Good luck and have fun!
  • Brohoof 6

Ohhh I have artists choice. I never have ideas!

I do have a small question though, could we write something like:

MLP Forums

Home of CtAM

Ohhh I have artists choice. I never have ideas!

I do have a small question though, could we write something like:

MLP Forums

Home of CtAM

You do realize this isn't the only site that has that, right?

Also, artist's choice, huh? Should be some good banners coming out of this. Good luck to all who enter.

• Brohoof 1

You do realize this isn't the only site that has that, right?

You don't say...

Why would it even occur to you that I didn't know that.

And yea, good luck anyone who enters! I might give it a miss this month.

• Brohoof 1

- All entries must adhere to the current theme, but creative liberties may be taken (to fit an airing FiM episode, for example)

What exactly does this mean? :huh:

What exactly does this mean? :huh:

Each month there is a theme. Last month it was centered around Episode 100. Once it was AJ, another time it was spring. All entries submitted must match the theme. If the theme was, for example, Cadance ... I would not expect someone to submit a EqG banner. Make Sense?

This month is artists choice, so you can design around a greater variety of concepts and characters. It's hard to be out of theme so no worry's:)

• Brohoof 3

Each month there is a theme. Last month it was centered around Episode 100. Once it was AJ, another time it was spring. All entries submitted must match the theme. If the theme was, for example, Cadance ... I would not expect someone to submit a EqG banner. Make Sense? This month is artists choice, so you can design around a greater variety of concepts and characters. It's hard to be out of theme so no worry's:)

Oh it makes perfect sense now! I missunderstood it. I thought it had to match the websites main theme (background etc). I will definitely enter the contest then! :D

Thank you for the quick reply!

• Brohoof 4

Each month there is a theme. Last month it was centered around Episode 100. Once it was AJ, another time it was spring. All entries submitted must match the theme. If the theme was, for example, Cadance ... I would not expect someone to submit a EqG banner. Make Sense?

This month is artists choice, so you can design around a greater variety of concepts and characters. It's hard to be out of theme so no worry's:)

Or someone could make a banner in Jeric's name :o!

I remember one time Feld0 changed the banner to MLP Furrums for April fools once :P We became furries for a day

• Brohoof 3

So now we're going to have a new banner each week? I don't know about you guys but personally I think that's going a bit overkill. I mean once a month was fine, even before that we used to change banner only once a season! I like when stuff like that doesn't change too often, seeing a familiar image every time I went here sort of made me feel at home. I know I'm very much in minority here but is there anyone who feels the same? Either way I'm usually running the IP.B theme so it doesn't matter anyway.

By the way, we have had serious problems when it comes to changing the banner in time. Not that it's a critical issue but don't you think that this plan is a bit odd since we can't even change the banner in time now?

Once a week, or more often depending on how many events we have in a month. I've been running banners for a month and I've already already lost count of how many we've used. That's not a good thing ... It's a FANTASTIC thing!

You see, none of those banners were designed by staff. They are all from the great people that make up this community. Having the most important component of any community - the people - directly add to the visual atmosphere is part of why I love being an Admin.

You see Jukoc, it isn't about fancy badges, or silly #forumfame. It is about making this place feel more fun, and doing it with pure appreciation for the amazing personalities that come together around this little site of ours. That is my salary ... and the banners are just a drop in the bucket.

To paraphrase another animated show that I am just now watching ...

You do it for her, that is to say you do it for them. :rarity:

• Brohoof 2

Well I could maybe think of one. I know there is a MLP day called Nightmare something where there are feasts and everyone has fun but still do get scared sometimes.

Let's see what you can do with a new banner around this month. Hurry until this Thursday we'll vote which banner entry do you like!  :D

Hm. Just a heads up, at this point there are not enough submissions to warrant a poll as I literally have the exact amount of entries as winners that would be selected. There is still time, but should we not receive any additional submissions I will host what we have received for July. :)