Did you like it?  

295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I loved it :D. I also love how Pinkie remembered that Minuette was one of Cadence's bridesmaids :D 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
What a sweet episode! This is exactly how you write an episode about friendship!

I absolutely loved the callbacks to the first episode! From Twilight's old home right down to the girls Twilight used to interact with before she moved to Ponyville. Heck they even showed entire flashbacks of various scenes of the first episode! What I really loved is how got a loose end tied up in regards to what happened to them when Twilight left. We even got a reveal of what the present Spike was going to give to Moondancer was going to be! Speaking of the girls themselves, I absolutely loved the character and the fact that they formed their own group similar to the Mane 6.

Then there's Moondancer herself... Oh did I feel so bad for her. It was hard to see her absolutely crushed when Twilight didn't show up to her party and how she turned into what Twilight used to be; obsessed with studying and not caring about having any friends at all.

One other thing about Twilight, I really love the portrayal of her role as The Princess of Friendship here by making an episode to patch things up and going out of her away to help someone who turned into how she used to be even bringing in the support of one of her friends to help show what friendship means. A quick side note by the way, I loved Pinkie's helicopter tail a la Miles "Tails" Prower".

One last thing I want to mention is how much I loved Spike in this episode! This is exactly how I want to see him; a great support character hanging with Twilight!

I have to tip my hat to M.A. Larson for a very sweet episode that tied up some loose ends and even threw in a few surprises too. This is definitely one of my favorite episodes of Season 5 so far!

Edited by Kevin
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

Oh I also like that Pinkie Pie and Minuette (Or however you spell her name, sorry I'm not great with names) are friends. Nice, subtle callback to A Friend in Deed,with Pinkie knowing everyone in town. 

Also why wasn't Lyra in this episode? We already have a voice actor for her and everything. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet

Guys, please, somebody tell me I'm not the only person in this mad world that doesn't like this episode! I need to feel validated!!!!!!!

So you don't like this episode, yet you do like Princess Spike?  :blink: 

You trollin', brah.  :P

• Brohoof 1

Oh I also like that Pinkie Pie and Minuette (Or however you spell her name, sorry I'm not great with names) are friends. Nice, subtle callback to A Friend in Deed,with Pinkie knowing everyone in town. 

Also why wasn't Lyra in this episode? We already have a voice actor for her and everything. 

Lyra moved to Ponyville, that's why she wasn't there.

can totally relate to this episode especially when i went to college
high school friends be like
Let's promise we'll always stay close stay close friends but ultimately settle for periodic glances at each others

Facebook status updates

I absolutely love this, by far one of the most relatable episodes in the show and a great way to explore Twilight's past and just being a very heartfelt episode. M.A. Larson, you are the best!  :P

Also that Starlight Glimmer cameo, she will most likely appear in the season finale, I can not wait!

• Brohoof 1

Lyra moved to Ponyville, that's why she wasn't there.

But it's just a short trip away and Twilight still hasn't made up with her.... They're planing a sequel everyone and it's going to costar Lyra!!!! 

You did click the link right?

Yes, I'm just wondering what you're referring to about it... Moondancer's design? Because that's based off of G1 Moondancer:

Moondancer400.jpg

Yes, I'm just wondering what you're referring to about it... Moondancer's design? Because that's based off of G1 Moondancer:

Moondancer400.jpg

How did the the person who made that picture I linked to know about this episode 3 years in advance though?

(edited)

How did the the person who made that picture I linked to know about this episode 3 years in advance though?

They...didn't? It's a reference to the beginning of episode one, where Twilight Sparkle runs into the three and is asked if she's going to Moondancer's get-together.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

But it's just a short trip away and Twilight still hasn't made up with her.... They're planing a sequel everyone and it's going to costar Lyra!!!! 

What I want. Well, on top of a truckload of other things.  :P

@@Envy, is that Moondancer or a hippo? Oh G1.  :lol:

because it was in the first episode.

They...didn't? It's a reference to the beginning of episode one, where Twilight Sparkle runs into the two and is asked if she's going to Moondancer's get-together.

Wow dang how did I miss that? :blink:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What I want. Well, on top of a truckload of other things.  :P

@@Envy, is that Moondancer or a hippo? Oh G1.  :lol:

Hey now, don't be hating on G1.

As if G4's toys look anything like ponies.

Wow dang how did I miss that? :blink:

It's easy to do so, but the episode did do a flash back to that scene. When they did that I remembered it and went back and watched the original to see if it was actually accurate, and it was.

Edited by Envy

Two things that stood out to me a lot in this episode were:

- The background music near the end of the scene where the four unicorns were at the donut place.

- The animation of Twilight flying/landing with Pinkie Pie on her back. It was really good animation IMO.

Anyway, this was a lovely episode and Twilight appearing in the book made me laugh.

• Brohoof 5

WHY HAS NOBODY POINTED THIS OUT YET?!

IbFxfea.png

it's totally honey lemon guys. 

The best part about that is that Honey Lemon is a viable pony name. Speaking of that, I'd really like to know the name of these three, especially Moondancer's sister. 

• Brohoof 2

The best part about that is that Honey Lemon is a viable pony name. Speaking of that, I'd really like to know the name of these three, especially Moondancer's sister. 

It is! I really want to know too. The eyebrows though, maybe they're related to Treehugger?  :lol: 

Probably not, but I really think they eyebrows look cute on ponies! Is that weird?

Anyway, this was a lovely episode and Twilight appearing in the book made me laugh.

I can't wait for all of the book-styled fanart, fimfics, and video parodies. You just know that shenanigans are gonna go down.  :lol:

This episode was amazing. Definitely my favorite episode of this season so far, and I think I'd consider it part of my top ten favorite episodes of the whole series.

• Brohoof 1