Did you like it?  

295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

One thing that I liked about this episode is how they don't antagonise Moondancer for having no friends. Instead, we get to see her perspective and learn why she doesn't have any and how angry she is about Twilight not coming to her party. It's a clever move made by the writers, as it makes Moondancer's attitude and breakdown justifiable.

I'd love to see more characters like Moondancer in this show. She is pretty much the most human-like portrayal of a person who doesn't have friends.

• Brohoof 5

It was kinda nice to see Twilight having friendship problems after all the eps and learn new things

even as a princess!   Also a touch of Spazz-Sparkle is also a good touch of reflections of season

1 and 2 Twilight!   Moondancer does add in a new side of things to show even ponies can become

depressed and hurt and feel alone.

I disliked her eyebrows. I find them annoying. It was the second time those unsightly eyebrows were on a pony, the first being Tree Hugger. C'mon, I hope they don't make more eyebrowed ponies.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

So now, when Twilight says she gets into a book, she really CAN get into a book

post-34384-0-04069500-1436115137_thumb.jpg

Read the book. Feel the book. BE the book.

Edited by RedFireDrgn
  • Brohoof 9

(edited)

I really liked that episode it was possibly one of the better Season 5 episodes so far, I really liked how Twilight revisited her old home and friends to make amends for just leaving them behind and Spike wasn't made out to be a complete idiot this episode which was also good.

I didn't notice her at first but when I looked back and saw her it gave me goose bumps...is that damn Starlight Glimmer stalking Twilight?

I guess we will find out why later in the season. :)

Edited by Dawning Demon
  • Brohoof 2

Stop at 13:30 if you are watching the episode 12, you will see in the top left corner, the enemy from the cutie map strikes again, maybe, she is trying to spy at twilight.. ;)

The enemy is starlight glimmer.

• Brohoof 3

So after a first viewing, I think my opinion is that it's just an ok episode for me. Personally I was put off by Twilight's assumption that her leaving had such a terrible effect on her friends. I think it's very presumptuous for her to think that her absence affected the others so much that it called for a big hoopla, making such a scene, and issuing formal apologies in such a manner. But that's just me and I admit I must have never enjoyed a friendship strong enough to warrant such a feeling of doing someone an injustice by proceeding to fulfill my own destiny. Other than that, it was fine. Entertaining, with likeable background characters. Not terrible, but not the very best of the season.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's very presumptuous for her to think that her absence affected the others so much that it called for a big hoopla, making such a scene, and issuing formal apologies in such a manner.

The narrative leads up to Moondancer and we discover that her absense DID cause a negative effect on someone.

Twilight was worried initially that the same thing had happened to the others.

• Brohoof 1

What a great episode! Moondancer was adorable, possibly my new favorite pony design. I'm really digging the development of background/minor characters this season.

This wasn't spectacular, but it was solid, and definitely high up on my list of episode favorites. It was very interesting to see the dynamic, both past and present, between Moondancer and Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I really liked this episode. The callbacks, the premise, the moral, and the choreography in some places were all great. And I'm being perfectly honest: this show doesn't really give me the feels, but this one for some reason made my eyes water. It's pretty great what they can put in to 22 minutes.

The only real problems I had were that I think we could've just spend a little more time sinking in Moondancer's explosion at the end and a few deliveries from Tara Strong sound a little bit off, otherwise one of my favorites from the season.

9.2/10

Edit: After watching it a second time, it still strikes a chord and I don't know what I was thinking when I said Tara Strong sounded off, she's sounded as good as she's ever been. 

New rating: 9.7/10; A+

Edited by Unr3alGamer
  • Brohoof 3

I voted for 'Liked' because Lyra is maybe my most fave from the background ponies, and was referenced here. Knowing more about Lyra is nice and that Minuette is so much like her, such a hug able cutie :)  And here my vote differs from the majority which even surprises me. There has been episodes with some more  action, adventure and interesting stories happening that got much lower rating in the votes. The episode was clearly without any holes in the logic and story (Maybe that's why the highest votes) but for me not much happened so it wasn't such a great episode. Also im like, not interested in nerdy ponies x( (Moon Dancer reminds me a little of the dorky pony in Princess Spike with all the earth/science talk they had)

Also why wasn't Lyra in this episode? We already have a voice actor for her and everything. 

Yeah I expected to see her as invited to the party.

Also bonus points for continuity! Minuette being mentioned as one of cadance's bridesmaids. Wow.

Minuette was there, Canterlot Wedding possessed by the Queen, didn't pay much attention to her other than any other side pony, until 'Amending Fences'

The one thing I hated is the fact that Moondancer is pretty much a recolor of Twilight.

Yeah, I think Minuette is the same as Lyra but it's normal among ponies to have same type, same breed.

(edited)

The narrative leads up to Moondancer and we discover that her absense DID cause a negative effect on someone.

Twilight was worried initially that the same thing had happened to the others.

I can see where she thinks it is coming from, I guess. And yes, the writing clearly shows the effect on Moondancer.

I can't shake the impression that deep down, all Twilight wanted was to rekindle relationships so SHE could feel better. She couldn't even remember their freakin names. How is that indicative of being SUCH good friends that her absence would cause a hole in their very lives? I don't know, it just reeked of self absorbance on a Twilight's part. If she had such a good friendship that her absence ripped a hole in everyone's life, then how could she not even remember their names? And if she had been THAT bad of a friend, coming by unannounced to rub it in their faces that she has the capability of hurting them, to me, is not cool. And a little party, (that Pinkie Pie put together, no less), is not going to do the trick in my book. Again, Pinkie saves Twilight's butt.

Edited by Lexamena
  • Brohoof 1

Minuette was there, Canterlot Wedding possessed by the Queen, didn't pay much attention to her other than any other side pony, until 'Amending Fences'

Yes... I know... I watched the episode... 

that's why I mentioned it. That's why I said "bonus points for continuity".

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Overall I liked it but there was something I just found really annoying. Why is Moon Dancer just a recolor of Twilight???? I know she was supposed to be a mirror to how Twilight used to be but they didn't have to extend it to the character design.

Edited by Serenade
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

no actual fences were in the episode 0/10

I loved it. I think this might be in my top 10 favorites of the show. The premise was great, the pacing was perfect, and it was just a very relatable and emotional episode. This episode was more on the serious side and didn't have as many jokes and gags, but sometimes that's a good thing. Also, the continuity and callbacks to season 1 are fantastic.

I feel like MA Larson watched the beginning of the series premiere and thought "hey, what if we made an episode about this?". Here we are now with Amending Fences, easily the best episode of the season.

My only complaint: Why is Moondancer a complete recolor of Twilight? This is such a minor complaint, but it still really bugs me that they couldn't make a more unique design for Moondancer.

Overall, it was an amazing episode. Feels are strong in this one.

Edited by Stephen Colbert
  • Brohoof 2

So wait a minute. We're suppose to believe that Twilight and Lyra were friend in school, and in the entire time she was living in Ponyville she never once noticed her? I call shenanigans!

• Brohoof 5

and one more thing,was Moon Dancer just a recolor of Twilight with glasses and an ugly sweeter?

Apart from her mane, after she became an introvert I mean...and dem brows tho