Did you like it?  

295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

So Lyra was friends with Twilight in Canterlot, and at some point she moved to ponyville as well? But Twilight didn't even remember her friendship or name?

lyra_heartstrings___coloured_by_codeluxo

Jeeze Twi, Princess of friendship indeed lol

Also Moondancer closed herself off because Twilight SPECIFICALLY didn't come to her party, and they had been talking since they were fillies about nerdy stuff, and she broke down crying on how much she was hurt....  

*I sense a disturbance in the shipping fuel* 

• Brohoof 3

I'm actually blown away by how good that was. M.A. Larson asks a question that even the fandom has never asked, and then answers it in a way we never could have expected. Seeing Twilight Sparkle deal with the consequences of her actions was the saddest part of the entire show, bar none.

Its use of background ponies as main characters was actually better executed than it was in Slice of Life, since this episode seemed to be far more aware of series continuity. The nods were much more meta, and didn't feel like straight fanservice.

Overall, this is the best episode of the season thusfar, just beating out Cutie Map by a hair. If the writers can make more episodes like this, then maybe Season 5 won't be remembered as the worst season after all.

• Brohoof 1

The episode was brilliant, and really tugged on my emotional heart strings there at the end! Another potential top-10 overall episode for me. :)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

New episode uploaded to youtube in OK quality here --> 

Hope this helps :)

It totally does.  I watched the Kiara Cutie upload and it had a big, fat AD in the middle of it. 

I love Twilight in the book.

Twilight Twinkle

Moondancer with the tape-mended glasses.  I kept waiting for Twilight to do a Hermione on them.

Pinkie-copter

This episode was fabulous, but hard to watch for me.  When I turned 21 I reserved 1/3 of a Chinese restaurant fro a party, and ordered a ton of food, sent out invitations to all my friends.

Nobody showed.

Nobody.

I pink-slipped them all and set about making new friends. 

This was a 4-hankie episode for me. :(

Edited by Foliha
  • Brohoof 3

Also Moondancer closed herself off because Twilight SPECIFICALLY didn't come to her party, and they had been talking since they were fillies about nerdy stuff, and she broke down crying on how much she was hurt....   *I sense a disturbance in the shipping fuel* 

Sad Lyra makes yaks cry...

Seriously though, that picture makes me sad.  :( But at least Lyra has Bonbon.  ;)

As for Moondancer, yeah. I think it's obvious that she had a very strong connection with Twilight even if Twilight didn't realize it back then. Now, I'm not one to go and say that's fuel for shipping but I do know what it's like to have a friend that you feel more connected with than they feel towards you.  :sunny:

(edited)

Moondancer still studying with no end goals to do with it. The excessive "studying" is definitely a binge to deal with the pain.

Notice how Twilight Sparkle tries bribery several times. Though I would have liked to see Twilight pull some Princess weight to give Moondancer an awesome job, only for it to be turned down.

One thing absent is what Twilight Sparkle went on to become and Moondancer not being a part of that. Also the one year time span.

Edited by Singe

(edited)

Twilight Sparkle's unicorn friends from Canterlot like Minuette (Colgate), Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts had finally talked in this episode, like the scene they talked from the first episode overall! That includes Moon Dancer who are amended to her old friends throughout the end.

I say this is an awesome episode!  :D

Edited by Allen
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here are my thoughts about this episode.

My favorite part out of it was the callbacks, they were greatly executed and I felt they gave the plot a great support.

The caracters were also good, to Twilight's attitude throughout the episode to the new caracter Moondancer, it was really caracterized well.

The humour really stood out and the pace complimented the story in a good way.

I would say this is not my favorite episode out of this season, but I would say that it was good!

I give it an 8/10

Edited by ObliveonVortex
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Twilight Sparkle: So are we friends again?

Moondancer: It's a start. You still owe me for some moments you did without me.

Twilight Sparkle: Like?

Moondancer: You owe me an Element of Harmony and get Princess Luna to turn into Nightmare Moon so we can reenact that battle. There is also the two Grand Galloping Galas you owe me which we must reenact. You owe me a Discord reenactment. 

Twilight Sparkle: Aren't you asking too much?

Moondancer: No way. There's the Cadance wedding that must be redone. The Crystal Empire has to also participate and we'll need King Sombra back so I can save the day instead of Spike. You'll also have to turn back into a Unicorn so I can see you turn into an Alicorn.

Twilight Sparkle: Ugh...

Moondancer: You'll also need to free Tirek so he goes on another rampage and we can battle him at full strength to send him back to Tartarus.

Twilight Sparkle: Tirek?! Are you crazy?

Moondancer: Fine. Discord can play as Tirek.

Twilight Sparkle: Is that it?

Moondancer: Yeah, I don't really care much for Starlight Glimmer, that other world, or any of the other things you've done. Do all this and we can be real friends again. *Smile*

Twilight Sparkle: *Sigh.*

Edited by Singe

Woohoo! I never knew I wanted to see this happen so much. I really enjoyed this episode and it had me worrying that Twilight wasn't going to be able to fix this problem. It got pretty damn heavy there at the end but it turned around for a really endearing ending. 

I was hoping to see Lyra again, but it was still a good episode imo! I liked Minuette's shutter shades and pinkie's tail helicopter XD

Here are my thoughts about this episode.

My favorite part out of it was the callbacks, they were greatly executed and I felt they gave the plot a great support.

The caracters were also good, to Twilight's attitude throughout the episode to the new caracter Moondancer, it was really caracterized well.

The humour really stood out and the pace complimented the story in a good way.

I would say this is not my favorite episode out of this season, but I would say that it was good!

I give it an 8/10

Lots of people loved this episode, including myself. I agree with you that it's not my favorite of the season, though. I can love it without it being my fav.  ^_^

I was a little disappointed with this episode. I mean you don't leave out Twilight Sparkle's famous dance :twi:

Oh gosh. That was a loaded weapon left unfired. Why no Twidancing? She's got the moves like Jagger!  :yay:

Another great episode, I'm really glad they're adding character to a lot of the background ponies this season.  

When I started watching it I was thinking "another episode with BG ponies? No way! Awesome!" Fuel for the fandom. Not that we need it but...you know... :wub:

OK, so I like Pinkie as much as the next person but I'm starting to get the feeling that she is being overused this season.

When will some of the other mane 6 get a chance to shine?

Well I officially love Minuette, she's a total sweetheart.

I really liked this episode. I loved that they revisited Twilight's old house, especially how every single thing was left the way it was all the way back when. Even the book about Nightmare Moon! the continuity almost put a tear in my eye! As a fan of anime, manga, movies, TV shows, and storytelling in general, this was really appreciated.

The one thing I hated is the fact that Moondancer is pretty much a recolor of Twilight.

Everything felt so sweet and genuine in this episode. I really enjoyed it.

Woah! Starlight Glimmer?! If it weren't for someone saying so, I would've completely missed her! This makes me want to go back and rewatch every episode of the season to see if they snuck her into each episode. But this almost freaks me out, it's like she's studying Twilight, finding her weaknesses, waiting to see what she does next, and waiting for the opportune moment to strike. Possibly hints to the season finale?

post-18729-0-68819100-1436036820_thumb.png

Overall, really enjoyed this one. It had some great development for Twilight, and meeting these old new characters was great. Sort of hoping we get to see them more in the future.

• Brohoof 3

In addition to Moondancer being a reference to G1 Moondancer. Twilight Sparkle acidentally being referred to as "Twilight Twinkle" was actually a reference to a G3 pony by the name! Glad to see them referencing G3, too. =)

• Brohoof 2

What the hay? Why does it seem like all their houses are old and unkept even though they were living in them?

Ha. I can picture Twilight Sparkle without Spike around trapped under a pile of books for days.

What the hay? Why does it seem like all their houses are old and unkept even though they were living in them?

Some people are like that. Seriously, I know people in real life that don't keep up with the house they live in.  :o

Well I officially love Minuette, she's a total sweetheart.

I really liked this episode. I loved that they revisited Twilight's old house, especially how every single thing was left the way it was all the way back when. Even the book about Nightmare Moon! the continuity almost put a tear in my eye! As a fan of anime, manga, movies, TV shows, and storytelling in general, this was really appreciated.

The one thing I hated is the fact that Moondancer is pretty much a recolor of Twilight.

Everything felt so sweet and genuine in this episode. I really enjoyed it.

Woah! Starlight Glimmer?! If it weren't for someone saying so, I would've completely missed her! This makes me want to go back and rewatch every episode of the season to see if they snuck her into each episode. But this almost freaks me out, it's like she's studying Twilight, finding her weaknesses, waiting to see what she does next, and waiting for the opportune moment to strike. Possibly hints to the season finale?

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Overall, really enjoyed this one. It had some great development for Twilight, and meeting these old new characters was great. Sort of hoping we get to see them more in the future.

We better keep an eye on Starlight Glimmer. What is she planning anyway?

• Brohoof 1

This was better than the last two disasters, that's nice at least. Although, still not a Trixie episode...I am disappoint. 

Had a laugh at Twilight in the book part...she's been around Pinkie WAY too much...and it's canon, Pinkie can fly.