Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are California and Georgia good places to be?

Brony Man

You see, I have been thinking about moving to Cali or Georgia...Georgia because of personal reasons and I want to know.

I live in boring Delaware...

Am I missing out or nah?

(edited)

Based on personal experience, California is great as long as you stay away from Stockton, Oakland, San Bernardino and most of LA

Have no idea about Georgia :/

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I think CA is great.  My family and I lived in Southern CA for most of our lives.  We moved to the Pit of Tartarus about 6 years ago.  It sucks.  We are planning to move back in about a year.

(edited)

California is great. I'd try living in the Northern half because it's nicer (in my opinion and by nicer I mean prettier) also, California is a bit odd, but in a good way. Plus, if you like mountains, it has those! The Southern half is good too. California has nice beaches, plenty to do, and pretty nice folks.

LA's nice. It's got smog and mugging and... Hollywood. That's all I know. So enjoy.

As for Georgia, I have no clue.

Edited by Espurr

@,

I am a Georgia resident, been living here all my life and as long as you're north of the fall line (northern atlanta) I think it's spectscular. There are lots of things to do in Atlanta and the majority of the towns around Atlanta are suburbs.

We should have a 1 on 1 conversation about this. PM me. ok? 

• Brohoof 1

Lived in San Francisco, Inner Richmond district, a few years ago.  EXPENSIVE!  But I was splitting my apartment with a few people, so, I survived.  Man do I miss it now, though...there aren't many cities in the USA on the level of San Fran, its gorgeous.

Closest I've been to Georgia, within memory, is Asheville, North Carolina.  I live pretty close to it now.  Small city, but great IMO.  Cmon now, get on up in these mountains!

(edited)

As a former resident who lived in Orange County, CA, I must say California is a wonderful state to be in. It can be crowded depending on where you go (LA, San Fran etc.). It can get really hot and dry in some parts and smog can be an issue if you live in a city. If you are more of a suburban type you can always move to northern CA where trees are abundant. There's many attractions such as Disney Land, Hollywood, beaches, the mountains etc, so you'll have a ton of stuff to do. Overall I'd say it's a wonderful place to live, hence why I'm moving back soon.

As for Georgia I can't say much about the state. According to some relatives who live there, they say the weather is humid. So if you don't like humidity, Georgia is not the place for you.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this: there are some areas of CA that aren't the best. Like a member mentioned above, LA and San Bernadino are full of gangs and have a high crime rate. I've never been to the Bay Area, but I heard Oakland is not that great of a place either. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Edited by Sommar

As for Georgia I can't say much about the state. According to some relatives who live there, they say the weather is humid. So if you don't like humidity, Georgia is not the place for you.

Humid? Not North of the fall line... well, in the midst of summer but not really... 

Well, my answer is sorta biased considering I live here in Cali (Los Angeles), but California really is great. There's always something to do here (Beaches, Disneyland etc.). Although I will say...if you're not use to hot whether it may take some time to get use to it. It really depends on the part of Cali you move to..

I dunno about Georgia  ^_^ Never been there.

I live north of the Golden Gate Bridge currently, but I've lived all over California. Currently looking to move out of California to Texas because oh my damn it's expensive here. If money is an issue, I'd encourage you to go to Georgia. Yes, it's nice here, but dat cost of living.

If you move to California, absolutely don't move to LA, trust me, it's million times less cool to live in than visit occasionally

(edited)

I live in Southern California.

It's pretty good most places. The beaches are nice if that's your thing, Disneyland is never too far away, and there's lots of other stuff to do.Los Angeles is alright, just know ahead of time where to go. There are some areas of that city that you don't want to be. Hollywood is pretty neat as well, though don't expect to see celebrities everywhere you go. Depending on where you are though, there's a lot more brown than green. If you don't like hot and dry weather, this isn't the place for you. We even currently have a drought problem.  Additionally, the cost of living here is pretty high. If I hadn't already been living here my whole life, I wouldn't move here based on that alone.

So, there are pros and cons.

Edited by Banul

I live north of the Golden Gate Bridge currently, but I've lived all over California. Currently looking to move out of California to Texas because oh my damn it's expensive here. If money is an issue, I'd encourage you to go to Georgia. Yes, it's nice here, but dat cost of living.

I have to agree with Love as she brings up a point I forgot to mention.

Taxes down here a 6 or 7% and as for as living space you get the same square footage for a house in Georgia for nearly 25 - 45k less than New york and 17.5 to 30k than in California.

Norcal all my life.  I cant stand any other place in terms of weather.  Its so...mild.  never roasting, never thunderstorming, never freezing, no snow, mild humidity, the ocean oh gosh its wonderful

(edited)

Like others have said Cali is great if you stay out of the big cities :P LA isn't great to live in, but it's necessary to live at least near that area if you have any interest in the entertainment industry or anything else centered there. If nothing like that floats your boat I'd say just to go to Northern California :P

I'm hoping to move to SoCal one day (I'm so sorry Houston :() and I think I've made a good choice. The town I plan to live in has practically everything I need and want within biking distance and LA is not too bad of a driving distance away. I'm hoping to become an actress someday so I need the access :)

Honestly it would be great if I would just move up to Northern California from the get go but I at least want to enjoy going out and doing stuff for awhile before I move up north to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet :catface:

Edited by Misty Rose

I happen to have been born & raised in Georgia.

Georgia's Pros: It's a beautiful state, with rolling fields & valleys, as well as mountains and a few nice lakes.  The folks here can be quite friendly, and will usually help out a person in need.  The history is evident in its buildings, its people & its culture.  There's quite a bit to do here, from The Coca-Cola Museum to The Aquarium, and more.  The night life is very smooth, and the city of Atlanta itself is wonderful to take a stroll in.  Lots of farmers markets & garage sales, and plenty of lazy summer days & crisp winter nights.  And, of course, there's Dragon*Con; if you don't know, look it up - trust me.

Georgia's Cons: Atlanta's kind of a dirty city; lots of roadside refuse not getting picked up regularly.  TRAFFIC SUCKS (though, from what I've heard, not as bad as Cali).  Certain parts of Georgia can be a bit... dangerous... to walk in at night.  The police here may be trying hard, but they tend to focus on ticket quotas (though they DO their jobs; some would say too well).  Georgians can be loud & stubborn, and QUITE opinionated.  Industry is slowly beginning to take over most of the outer-Atlanta area, and it may not be too long before it begins reaching further yet.

I hope this helps as far as Georgia goes.

As for California, I've never been there... but it looks as if you've already got some opinions on that matter anyway, so all good.

B)

(edited)

I lived in San Diego for a year... and actually, I didn't like it too much. Everyone always says it's this great place, but I never really saw it that way. That was a pretty horrible year for me.

Edited by Admiral Regulus

I would say to move to Georgia; not California. California is literally the last place you want to be right now. There is already a severe drought and the UN has stated that they may have to evacuate people people out of the state. Some northern and southern portions of California have already ran out of water. In addition, radiation from Fukushima is pouring into the coast. It's been reported that the Pacific ocean is virtually dead. People are leaving and planning to leave California in droves. Georgia is MUCH better.

I would say to move to Georgia; not California. California is literally the last place you want to be right now. There is already a severe drought and the UN has stated that they may have to evacuate people people out of the state. Some northern and southern portions of California have already ran out of water. In addition, radiation from Fukushima is pouring into the coast. It's been reported that the Pacific ocean is virtually dead. People are leaving and planning to leave California in droves. Georgia is MUCH better.

I live in California.....and this is literally the first time I've heard any of this. Never heard anything about the UN evacuating state, the Pacific Ocean being dead, people leaving the country in droves(if anything we're still getting more people). I'm inclined to say this is a bunch of baloney

All I know for sure is

1) We have a drought

and 2) It sucks

Tip: If you plan to move to Georgia, move north of Atlanta. This goes for ANYONE

Hey!  I happen to live SOUTH of Atlanta, and I quite like it here, thank you very much.

Granted, South Atlanta ITSELF isn't exactly the best place to be, but if you go further south, you'll find some nice little cities.  Gray, Macon, Locust Grove, Peachtree City - ALL SOUTH.

But, yeah - keep the car doors locked in South Atlanta proper.  For real.

Hey!  I happen to live SOUTH of Atlanta, and I quite like it here, thank you very much.   Granted, South Atlanta ITSELF isn't exactly the best place to be, but if you go further south, you'll find some nice little cities.  Gray, Macon, Locust Grove, Peachtree City - ALL SOUTH.   But, yeah - keep the car doors locked in South Atlanta proper.  For real.

I, probably should of been more specific. Sorry, Crime in Atlanta and south of Atlana are much worse than North of Atlanta,