Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are California and Georgia good places to be?

Brony Man

True, but industry is heavier in the north areas; you have to admit, they're a bit OVERdeveloped, and feel kinda crowded.

(edited)
I live in California.....and this is literally the first time I've heard any of this. Never heard anything about the UN evacuating state, the Pacific Ocean being dead, people leaving the country in droves(if anything we're still getting more people). I'm inclined to say this is a bunch of baloney All I know for sure is 1) We have a drought and 2) It sucks

O.K., suit yourself. I would advise you to look into it, though. I do, however, want to make a correction. People are definitely planning to leave California; as for people leaving, "droves" is too strong of a word. The mainstream media is keeping things hush-hush, because they don't want to incite fear. Keep in mind, though, that at this point California will run out of water -- I estimate within a few years or even sooner. When it does, it will be a national emergency. I hope you're storing water; I sincerely do. It's not wise to move to or stay anywhere where there is a severe drought.

Edited by RainbowJaxs16

Well, I'm sure you could easily find worse places... But by my standards, California and Georgia are both states that are toward the bottom of my list. Georgia has a hot and muggy climate (and likely deals with tornadoes and occasional hurricanes), is a part of the Deep South (which if you're a conservative Christian is fine... But not me!), etc., etc.

California is a gorgeous place to visit, but I couldn't imagine living there. The costs are way too way high, and earthquakes! (Yes, I know they don't always happen, but is that any reason to feel safe? Seriously?) Also, for me personally... The climate would be unbearable. Even more unbearable than Georgia, and that's saying a lot. xD I've got to have four seasons!

But listen to the others... I've only lived in one spot, Oklahoma (Ew.). I've visited Southern California, but not for long... Georgia, I don't even know if I've been there. Either way, it's not somewhere I care to visit! lol

I'm from southern california (san gabriel area) and grew up there until I had to move to Texas. There are places that I love but it's become very expensive to live there. Traffic has also become worse and the state is currently running low on water.

I don't know anything about Georgia, I've never been to that state.

(edited)

I can't speak for Georgia but as I live in Southern California I think I can tell you a bit about it.

Pros: nice weather, a lot of things to see and do.

Cons: high cost of living, high taxes and a lot of nanny state BS in the state government and some local governments (see SB277). Some rather nasty droughts and some bad traffic in some parts of California.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

California is a nice place, but I wouldn't really know since all I do is visit. On the other hand I used to live in Georgia, Atlanta. It was nice, during the summer it was a humid heat. Just that the taxes were high and where I was living at I was getting a little bit of racism. I would say if you go to Georgia, I would go to the north then the south area. 

• 3 years later...

Personally, I love Georgia. I wouldn't mind living there myself. I live in north Florida and travel through Georgia on the regular so yeah, I know what it's like there. Cali though? No idea, I've never been there. 

7 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Trust me, Lucky. We're basically a tourist stop with a...pretty iffy economy.

Yea, I've heard that before. 

• 2 years later...

Ahem.  Ya girl over here has been to Georgia 3 times in the past few months (Cause I got buddies there) and I can proudly say that I love it there.

Lowkey want to move. Anything to get out of Texas. :))))

As for California, I haven't been there since I was a small child, so I don't even remember much of it at all.

I probably wouldn't want to live there though.

I'd only go for Disneyland,  Hollywood, or Los Angeles. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not familiar with Georgia; I’ve skirted around it (Tennessee, Alabama, Florida) but that’s as close as I got. I’ve heard it’s very nice but personally I’m always going to go with California. They say that once you’ve lived in the west you can never be happy anywhere else, and that’s certainly true for me. California has less humidity, fairly defined seasons that are never extreme, scenery to die for, and more things to do than you could ever imagine. I’m not saying it’s perfect though anymore; most of the population has a collective IQ of a cockroach and everything is regulated to the point of strangulation. But there are ways to avoid the bad parts and embrace the good, and the good is certainly worth embracing.

• Brohoof 1