Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do you find your hope?

Not Yellow Diamond

I, personally, draw my hope from my lord Jesus Christ and God, but I know a lot of people who don't believe in God or practice a religion so I'm curious to know where do you guys draw your hope from? 

Asides God, I also draw hope from myself, people who care about me, and to fight for those I care about. 

So, I'm just curious to see, where do you get your hope from?

• Brohoof 12

• 4 weeks later...

My friends and the brony fandom (the good side of it, at least, like here ^^) gives me hope... I wouldn't be sticking around in this world if I never met such kind and open-minded people. :D@@Amaryllis also gives me hope... there will always be something for me to live on for as long as I can be with her, no matter how dark life may be. :blush:

• Brohoof 6

Denial. Of course, it doesn't create hope. But it allows me to forget the fact that there is none.

Well you're a downer.

Anyway, I draw my "hope" from ideas, and seeing progression made to my goals. Progression in anything really, whether it's a promotion at work, or a level beaten in a video game, any progress made is good progress made. (Assuming I'm doing nothing illegal or doing a moral injustice)

• Brohoof 1

I find most of my hope in my heroes. They give me the inspiration to keep going no matter what. Both Takeru from SuG (in my sig and avvy) and Simple Plan remind me that I'm not alone, especially Simple Plan. A while ago, I went through one of my depressive episodes I had... well, I was on the verge of self-harming. So, I started listening to Simple Plan some for a while. I started to feel better over time, and I've been perfectly fine since then. :3

• Brohoof 3

Well it might sound a little silly, even a tad cliche...  I draw hope from the fact that perhaps tomorrow will be a better day and also, things could be worse.  I guess to me, it feels more like a cheapened hope but it's better than nothing, I guess?

• Brohoof 2

Well you're a downer.

Well, at least I'm good at something. xD

Okay, seriously, though... I just read the topic's post, and perhaps this wasn't the best thing for me to post in a topic of which a Christian is asking where nonbelievers find hope... Oops.

'Hope' is such a vague term. Do you mean reason to carry on? I guess the reason to carry on would be, in fact, the absence of any reason to believe whatsoever that there is anything beyond this life. It puts so much weight on this life, and making it the best it can be for myself and others.

• Brohoof 2

I guess I don't really have a source of "hope". I'm a big downer, not many care about me, I don't believe in God, and such.. so I guess I don't really have any hope. I don't know, if I had to put it somewhere I'd have to say my BF, but that's it.

• Brohoof 1

By reading the OP I understood that the question was asked to nonbelievers. Then, even though I am not one and God indeed is one of my reasons for hope, I will answer the question as if I did not believe in Him.

We are social beings and we cannot live alone, and other people are what can give us hope. Knowing that you are loved, that there are others who care for you, can give strength to move on in spite of the hardships. Also, if the Universe is uncaring, at least we are not, we are capable of moving on and supporting each other :).

• Brohoof 3

Hope...Something I find rather difficult to have at times. Anxiety + Depression can equal madness. 

What gives me hope though? At this point, it is my friends here on these forums and my simple enjoyments in life. Knowing that there are people here that I can interact with and actually talk to without worry is a luxury I have not had much of in life. Knowing they are there makes me happy. The simple enjoyments thing explains itself, looking forward to even the smallest of joys can keep me going.

• Brohoof 6

@@Envy@@Sunwalker,@,@,

Many places, most already listed by others so I will say something not mentioned.

My martial arts training. (Even if I suck at them.  :blush:) To my mind, there is no evil in the universe that cannot be beaten by a roundhouse kick or palm strike.  :P  Muggers? Terrorists? Freddy Fazbear? Cthulhu? *grabs bo staff* Bring it!  :sneer:

To actually include some of the others listed above, a combination. I have faith that there IS a purpose to intelligent life. That human civilization will reach a point undreamed of by even the wildest of speculations. My conviction has rarely wavered in this, but when it does I look to my family, my friends, this show/fandom, the wisdom of philosophers since past, even just an uplifting song, and I can feel my resolve bloom again in my soul.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 4

I don't need to find it, I just have to punch the shit out of things that try and take it from me (mentally ofcourse, tho literally if the option is viable XD).

It gets me from A to B :P

• Brohoof 3

It's funny, for me the things that give me hope are often two-edged swords, depending where I am at the time. I think Kyoshi put it very well with regard to feeling mad.

But for me in general, music bolsters and comforts me when nights are dark (my first blog entry here was actually on just that.) Faith in a variety things; religion, science, friends (particularly new friends).

Actually right here and now, being here is giving me a great hope that I've not experienced in a while. I dunno exactly why, it's hard to put into words, this just seems to be such a friendly place, I really feel I'm safe here and that there are friends to be made and adventure to be had here! It feels like a golden time is just round the corner here :)

Edited by Mobley
  • Brohoof 5

It's funny, for me the things that give me hope are often two-edged swords, depending where I am at the time. I think Kyoshi put it very well with regard to feeling mad.

But for me in general, music bolsters and comforts me when nights are dark (my first blog entry here was actually on just that.) Faith in a variety things; religion, science, friends (particularly new friends).

Actually right here and now, being here is giving me a great hope that I've not experienced in a while. I dunno exactly why, it's hard to put into words, this just seems to be such a friendly place, I really feel I'm safe here and that there are friends to be made and adventure to be had here! It feels like a golden time is just round the corner here :)

This place is fantastic, a true examplar of the brony community. Not always perfect, but this is by far my favorite site on the web and I've made many friends here, I'm sure you will as well. Welcome.  :)

• Brohoof 1

I practice religion as well for Lord Jesus. I pray to him. I go to church every Sunday. I Alter serve (serving mass with the priest)

@, It's good that I have found someone with the catholic faith.

I also seek help on this website with lots of my great pals! 

Funny you should mention because there's a surprising amount of us on this website.

I humbly invite you to someplace you might like.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/44444-christian-bronies-meet-greet-and-mingle/

• Brohoof 1

I draw my hope from the knowledge that by the time i die i may have done something to make the world a better place than it was than i got here. And regardless of what happens after nothing will ever be able to take it away from me. While i am Astratu (Norse pegan) I beg the gods for nothing, and try and find my own hope. Self reliance being one of the nine noble virtues. 

• Brohoof 1