Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do you find your hope?

Not Yellow Diamond

Whenever I watch one of my favourite shows, I feel happy and content. A lot of them have great messages behind them, which I love. Also, certain songs fill me with confidence, or the lyrics give me hope. :)

Edited by Wolves
  • Brohoof 1

At her house, of course.

Oh wait? You didn't mean the name Hope?

I knew that.

Being around others usually has a positive influence. Just as long as they're not negative Nellies.

Point is, hope comes from everywhere, be it your loved ones, religion, or your own inner strength.

Hope can't act on its own however. You must have faith that your hopes will come to fruition!

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I've posted here before, but for the sake of bumping a very nice thread (and also because wow younger me was cringe x.x)~

I guess one of the main things that gives me hope is to view people, and importantly the world, complexly; a few years ago, I let the questionable acts and fallacies of the world blind me and came to assume people were a lot worse than they really were and nothing more than their fallacies; not a nice mindset to have, to say the least. But paying more attention to the good deeds in the world, and trying to pick up on good intentions younger me might have not thought too much of previously, that definitely makes me more open to sources of hope, y'know? Out there in the world right now, there are people giving hugs and leaving tips, figuring out cures for diseases and devoting their lives to those they love, and that's not stuff I'd have thought to appreciate much back then! Of course the world isn't perfect, and some people are pretty crappy even when you try look deeper into them, but the vast amount of goodness (or at the very very least, redeeming factors of people) in this life motivates me to keep going and contribute to it where I can :)

True friendships still also give me a lot of hope, both for my friends being lovely inspiring people and also since they really help me out of dark thoughts whenever I somehow slip into them ^^; And my girlfriend still gives me +10000000 hope daily because ahhhhhhh she's too perfect x.x

Edit~ oh, and history! Because it's horrible :3 but that strangely gives me hope; knowing that humanity has come a long way (even if some will debate me on that x3;; ) since some of the travesties back then that were more commonplace, really shows to me that the world is making amazing progress in many things, and also reminds me that people have toughed their way through rougher times and survived... kinda makes some difficulties in life nowadays a little less intimidating ^^

Edited by Blue cheese

I dont know, if i get any hope.

With me, its more the case of : Im afraid that someone will hate me, so im just forcing myself to live.

I dont really have hope, the thing that keeps me going and prevending me from doing self harm and other things is the fear of pain and the fear of death.

Sometimes i get hope, by seeing beautiful women, because i hope, that i will get a girlfriend one day.

So thats kinda a source for hope.

Even though sometimes it makes me hate myself, because the only thing that gives me hope, is something sexual, which is actually bad.

But...uh...its not like i could hurt my image, im not active in any fandom anyway.

Sometimes i get hope, by thinking about, how interesting my live could get.

Like, at one point, i go into shops and buy myself stuff, or buy something with my girlfriends or visit some places.

So, i guess im not so perverted at all.

But most of my time, i have no hope.

• Brohoof 1

I.. am.. um completely alone really.. I has to raise myself and literally live by myself a lot. Even on the holidays as well.

Still I find hope by being myself and just listening to the sound of wind howling through the night sky. Even though I was always been on my own, but it made me even stronger.

That was my teen hood back then. Now I just still continue to work on some things around my own land. Knowing maybe it was meant to be like this? Oh well....

post-40379-0-52494400-1485111792_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Lord Necrodeus

My best friend always has a hopeful effect on me and I'm super grateful about that. Even if I'm feeling desperate about something, he knows just the way to make those difficult things seem more bearable. 

It's weird, I don't really have hope that good things will happen. It's more like I'm just interested to see what will happen. In terms of why do I keep my life going? I guess because I always have. There really isn't any reason to deviate from what I'm doing. After all, life is supposed to have bad things in it. I shouldn't go doing insane things when they show up.

I feel pretty good about things right now. For a long time, I didn't know that was possible.

• Brohoof 2

First and foremost I find hope in God. Without Him, I'd be nothing.

I also find hope in my family; they give me so much I can't even come close to articulating it into words.

I have also found that when I'm at my lowest points in life, art has dragged me out of the depths and shown me that everyone can have a share in the act of creation.

• Brohoof 3

I've been fighting depression and anxiety most of my life and it doesnt feel like its improved so my hope cells have long since drained. Maybe one day I can hope again but im just too worn out mentally to hold onto something.

• Brohoof 1

Mainly, I draw my hope from my belief in my own sense of morality, my strong family ties, and my optimistic view of the human spirit. No matter how bad the world can seem, I believe most average people are intrinsically good, and that's what keeps me going, generally.

• Brohoof 1

I draw hope from the unknown, really. As science makes more and more discoveries we learn more about the nature of the universe, but as we do there are also always new mysteries to solve, and it's in those mysteries I see hope. Honestly, my hopes are that my childishly naive views of quantum mechanics end up being true and that somehow, given a long enough time, I will randomly reappear in the universe, or a universe, with all the memories and experiences I have now.

Yes, that's a silly thought and not at all realistic. Sue me.

A sense of hope that things can always change for the better, however they can also continually change for the worse. You come to find life is a bit of a gamble in itself, small decisions can impact huge situations, one person can impact many, many can definitley impact one. Hope comes from what gives it to us, things like MLP, some religious people who live by the extent of the things they believe, just genuinely kind people in general.... There are so many things that can give us hope. You live each day with the risk that it can be better or worse than it was yesterday, but the paradox is, a life is still a life, and it beats not having one. You have to keep going even after you screw up, badly, you have to strive for the best version of yourself possible, because actions make up for the lost time, and sentiment makes up for it. Better our actions, better our perspective, better our understanding on people and life in general. I get hope here, and take what you will with that, all forums to different degrees, I mean, less so a sense of conformity, more so the ability to come together over one common interest, despite all of our indifferences, at a place where can discuss our aspects about the things that highly catch our interest, our favorite shows, and to even this degree here being our aspects on life. There is more involved to making a life (this includes a living) than taking one. Life is about regrowth, construction, and idea, our human perspectives make this more emotional, and create personal biases and perspectives, that rival others self interests to our own. Hope in which case doesnt need to be vague, it just needs to be self relevant, it may sound disgusting what gives one man hope might give you chills, but having hope for and about different things, doesnt determine the type of people we are, our actions, and our long term decisions, and the ways we treat those closest to us usually describe a person for who or what they are.

Edited by Bisharp
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...