Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help! OC Mane style~

Nyan Neon

Hello there everypony  :D

I've been feeling creative these days, so I decided to try something new: making an OC. Crazy, huh?  :o

So I made Garnet Fire, an earth pony who likes magic and has a special connection with gemstones (especially, plot twist, garnets!). She's self employed as a jewelry maker. She is a cold and bitter mare, but under that bored expression lies a creative and insecure pony. so edgy

I already thought about her color pallet and basic design, but then I thought: I have no idea of how her mane is going to look like!

Here's how she looks so far and her color pallet (what do you think about my MS paint skills? :adorkable: )

WdZMFIz.png

Yeah, she kinda looks like Maud... so that's why I'd like her mane to be unique but simple, like her personality~

Tell me what you think about the color pallet as well, if you want to  :kindness:

Thanks for reading, i'm excited to hear your suggestions! 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Nyan Neon

0739bd758d.png

So edgy wow, sorry for the terrible quality and bad lies - it was a quick sketchy. I suggest have the mane cover one of her eyes, as she is a somewhat insecure pony based off your description. The colours look good, but I suggest pulling from her mane for eye shadow to cut down on colours a bit. Also, make sure to work the green into her cutie mark!

P.S. Join the MS paint club c:

Edited by MiniKirby123
  • Brohoof 5

@@Nyan Neon

sig-3918150.0739bd758d.png

So edgy wow, sorry for the terrible quality and bad lies - it was a quick sketchy. I suggest have the mane cover one of her eyes, as she is a somewhat insecure pony based off your description. The colours look good, but I suggest pulling from her mane for eye shadow to cut down on colours a bit. Also, make sure to work the green into her cutie mark!

:o  THAT LOOKS AWESOME! Thanks a lot, I loved it  :lol:

I really liked the eye shadow, it stands out more than her old one. I liked how it's a short mane style as well, it really fits her.

I'm gonna vector it when i'm not lazy  :rarity:

MS Paint for life!

• Brohoof 1

@@Nyan Neon

sig-3918150.0739bd758d.png

Well, that took a while to do... way more than I expected  :wacko:

gvH6Ugu.png

My vectoring skills are still pretty bad, but I think that this will do for now~

Can I just say one more time how much I love her mane?  :pinkie: