Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will we ever see MLPFIM reference in Pokemon?

ManaMinori

(edited)

Tv shows, comics, games, and celebs have referenced MLPFIM. Thing is- to my knowledge, the main series games of POKEMON haven't. Personally, I want to see an undeniable, official Pokemon that references MLP. (We have a lot of cat and dog pokemon, hardly any pony- just gen 1 Ponyta and Rapidash, sadly) so maybe we could get a pony Pokemon with a rainbow mane, and is a psychic (and/or flying) type?

If new moves come out in Pokemon gen 7, it would have moves that relate to the Mane 6's personalities or elements?

What do you guys think? Should an officia MLP inspired pony exist as a Pokemon,in future generations of the Pokemon main series games? How would it look? What moves would it have? What would its name be? What would its typing be? Legendary or common? Event distribution or caught through gameplay?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

Well the developers at game freaks will have to jump a few hurdles before they can do this, mind you Nintendo is big but Intellectual property is a bit of a hit and miss issue. I would like Nintendo to include more pony type pokemon, but we will wait and see :)

What about Keldeo? The legendary unicorn? (That's it's name right?) It doesn't really reflect the ponies, but it's a unicorn that's from later gens. It would be cool though for there to be a more MLP themed Pokemon. Now I randomly thought of beyblade, and now I want there to be a trainer that uses a pegusus Pokemon and has a blue jacket and a scarf thing. And also has hair that makes his head look like its on fire. Does annoying know where I'm going with this?

Well the developers at game freaks will have to jump a few hurdles before they can do this, mind you Nintendo is big but Intellectual property is a bit of a hit and miss issue. I would like Nintendo to include more pony type pokemon, but we will wait and see :)

I don't think they would have to, though. Ponies and rainbows aren't copyright material. Nintendo could parody a Hasbro pony character into an official Pokemon, so long as it doesn't look like the character.

Are you talking about mlp references in the pokemon games or the anime?

In the first season of mlp that scene where twilight's mane turned into flames. That was a pretty close refrence to pokemon if you want to see it as such.

It would be neat to see a reference to mlp in a pokemon game but the likelihood of that happening is rather uncertain to me.

Are you talking about mlp references in the pokemon games or the anime?

In the first season of mlp that scene where twilight's mane turned into flames. That was a pretty close refrence to pokemon if you want to see it as such.

It would be neat to see a reference to mlp in a pokemon game but the likelihood of that happening is rather uncertain to me.

right at the beginning of the op, I said "main series games". The topic is about mlp references in the pokemon games. Not in the anime, and not pokemon references in MLP

Nope I don't see why a multi million Japanese gaming franchise would reference an american cartoon show about colorful ponies.

However I can see MLP FIM referencing pokemon, but just not the other way around.

• Brohoof 1

Nope I don't see why a multi million Japanese gaming franchise would reference an american cartoon show about colorful ponies.

However I can see MLP FIM referencing pokemon, but just not the other way around.

You must not know alot about Japan...

Because Pokémon is a Japanese franchise, I don't think there will ever be one.

I think it's possible in American and Canadian series, but not Japanese.