Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are Brony's in danger? What do you think..

Petrus

I don't think we're in any kind of danger. The worst that I've seen people do to Brony's is bully them, I don't think any one would be stupid enough to shoot up Brony con.

Who would want to shoot this?

post-34637-0-72232400-1437332294_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

We all know guys that aren't bronys hate us right? Some people take it WAY too far. Sending hate mail every two seconds. Cyber bullying and even getting the shit beat out of us at school sometimes. Personally I was stabbed with a pen at school for being a brony. Granted I beat the living hell out of that guy the next day, but not all bronys will defend themselves. I fear that someday at any brony con. Haters will take it too far, and shoot up the place, because they believe that we don't deserve to even exist and that they're doing the world a favor. What do you think? I think it's possible, and I know how far people can go.

Do you think bronys are in that kind of danger?

I admire you for standing up for yourself, I would've done the same in your shoes. Not really much we can do except ignore these people; responding to them is giving them exactly what they want, do don't play into their hand, just ignore/block them and move on.

I wear brony shirts all the time and I've never gotten a comment about it(besides, "hey, nice shirt").  I might get some odd looks whenever I wear my derpy/Dr.Whooves shirt but that's pretty much it.  I don't think I'm going to start getting persecuted anytime soon for it(for being a brony anyways).

(edited)

We all know guys that aren't bronys hate us right? Some people take it WAY too far. Sending hate mail every two seconds. Cyber bullying and even getting the shit beat out of us at school sometimes. Personally I was stabbed with a pen at school for being a brony. Granted I beat the living hell out of that guy the next day, but not all bronys will defend themselves. I fear that someday at any brony con. Haters will take it too far, and shoot up the place, because they believe that we don't deserve to even exist and that they're doing the world a favor. What do you think? I think it's possible, and I know how far people can go.

Do you think bronys are in that kind of danger?

This sparked some thoughts from me, especially since I will be going to Bronycon, or any convention of that size, for the very first time.

It is fair to say that various unconventional interests and the events related to them hold a certain amount of risk, not just limited to the brony fandom. Most individuals have not reached the level of Ignorance to actively go out of their way to physically harm others. However, it is true that there are these selected few who may have the potential capacity to reach that level. Fortunately, there are ways to minimize that risk. Bronycon hires security staff and on top of that has their own security team, which should be enough to stop anywhere from verbally abusive Haters to small scaled and unarmed acts of violence. An armed attack on Bronycon solely for the purpose of pure Hatred for bronies requires an extremely high level of Ignorance, and perhaps only very few could achieve that.

Personally, I usually expect small scaled acts of violence, mostly on the Internet. I respect their opinions, and try to ignore these individuals, but should I encounter an act of Hatred of that scale in Bronycon, I hope I have the strength to do what is necessary to protect my friends and loved ones.

Edited by Solid Scorpion

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Back when this thread was created, I would have probably said that we were simply one among numerous fandoms that received negativity. But now that it is 2019, the prime of Bronydom has passed so we are not nearly as notable a fandom we once were and perhaps not considered worth the time to insult as before.