Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Generation 5?

John A. Games

I have a question for all of you out there that has been perplexing me for quite some time now. Would they come out with a generation 5 of MLP? If so, would it be good or bad? Who would the characters be? And would you want to watch it? I know that it's too soon to tell, but this post is purely for speculation. So let me know what you guys think! :3

• Brohoof 3

honestly the current generation still has a lot of lore to continue and really is doing good I don't think they would erase this one and jump to a new one

I know, I'm just saying later on in the future when all of it has ended.

I'd hope that they took what has helped make this one so popular, and apply it to a new generation (i.e. interesting characters with good character development)! I wouldn't be surprised if they did try to make it as good as this one, for a start they have been able to sell a load more mechanise that they would have otherwise, so it would make good business sense. I'd like to think that it wouldn't revert back to the days of old MLP, but we won't know that until they start the next gen.

I just hope when ever the next gen starts it'll be as good if better the this gen. I have a hunch the equestrian girls might be turned into more then movies based off what iv herd of the 2nd movie they made so maybe they might expand that.

if it just straight up ponys I hope the next gens cast is new and good  

Well then yeah it could be amazing to be honest the issues before is that they never really had a universe to work with thankfully lauren faust gave them a rather amazing universe that isn't bound by one enemy or one lesson sure the current story will end some day but it doesn't mean there cant be a spin off twilight is a princess and could start her own teachings and take on her own student since she is really into academics it just really depends on where they want to take the new story but I think it will be better since they have better material to work with

• Brohoof 1

It’ll be interesting to see what G5 will be like: I think it’s likely there will be one since My Little Pony has been a popular franchise since the early 1980s, can’t say if it’ll be good or bad.

But so far I think G4 still has a long way to go, and being quite successful who knows it may get a spin off before G5 exists.

Anyway, when G4 reaches it’s conclusion and G5 comes along, I’d think it cool if they try something new with the franchise and maybe even move away from cartoons.

• Brohoof 1

I just hope they go back to Pre-G3.5 quality toylines. Kind of made me sad when I got interested in the toys, and the current generation's toys are disappointing, making me look back ones I have to order online and are way too expensive. I would LOVE to see another one like G3's.

As for the animation, I don't know. Chances are there'll be something of the sort. But I don't really have much to say in that regard. I just hope that the Brony pandering stops with FiM.

It might not happen now, but it's bound to happen sometime down the road due to G4's massive popularity. With that being said, I think G5 has a lot of potential. A different cast of characters, goals, and perhaps animation can spark a new interest in a lot of people. Or they can just make a spinoff of G4, and call it G4.5. You never know!

• Brohoof 2

I already know how it will end. Regardless of the quality of the next generation, there will be many current bronies that consider the current generation the best ever, very driven by nostalgia.I firmly hope that the quality of the show remains unchanged.

Would be horrible if G5 was CGI and they do not use the same voice actors as G4. Also if the plot of G5 reverted back to G3, then I was have a massive fit and try to make some more or my own G4 episodes.

I already know how it will end. Regardless of the quality of the next generation, there will be many current bronies that consider the current generation the best ever, very driven by nostalgia.I firmly hope that the quality of the show remains unchanged.

And thus when the 5th Generation comes, even if it's really good, we will always have that sector of the Brony fandom who will angrily take up arms and try their best to tear down the new show and its fanbase whilst yelling "GEEFOR!!!!"

(edited)

I currently really like the formula they have going right now with the G4 ponies. I believe they should stick to what they currently have as it works very well for the time being. Why re-create something that works well and does its job greatly. I'm sure there is plenty of stories to be told with this current formula. If a G5 were to come out it would be due to new technology that would bring speed and quality of life improvements.

Edited by Sky Knight

I currently really like the formula they have going right now with the G4 ponies. I believe they should stick to what they currently have as it works very well for the time being. Why re-create something that works well and does its job greatly. I'm sure there is plenty of stories to be told with this current formula. If a G5 were to come about it would be due to new technology that would bring improvements.

I don't know, Hasbro always seems to be churning out good Transformers shows. G1, Beast Wars, Animated, Prime, Robots in Disguise.

If they can do that with Transformers, I can see them doing that with My Little Pony.

• Brohoof 2

I know how much reusing characters nevery turns out well in shows, but I'd like them to have a new generation with mostly new characters with some sparse appearances from older versions of the G4 cast.

It’ll be interesting to see what G5 will be like: I think it’s likely there will be one since My Little Pony has been a popular franchise since the early 1980s, can’t say if it’ll be good or bad.

But so far I think G4 still has a long way to go, and being quite successful who knows it may get a spin off before G5 exists.

Anyway, when G4 reaches it’s conclusion and G5 comes along, I’d think it cool if they try something new with the franchise and maybe even move away from cartoons.

What do you mean by "maybe even move away from cartoons."

I wouldn't like it, because I love the G4 character designs :blush:

Who knows! The next ones might even be better! :3

I have NO idea why it sent that many times

• Brohoof 1

I personally want FIM to end gracefully before it goes downhill like the Simpsons.  And I think they will be able to do just that if they stick with the "supposed" "plan" to end it with the movie after season 6.  But after that, I'd love to see a Gen5, and I'd totally watch it.  However, with how amazing this show is, and how simply perfect the animation style is, I'd suggest making Gen5 the same style, in the same universe, but in a different time period perhaps, and with a completely different cast of characters.  Maybe they could even do something radical like explore a continent populated by earth ponies long before Equestria was founded, and magic wouldn't even factor into the show at all.  Just throwing out ideas.

• Brohoof 1

You mean like an alternate MLP like Littlest Pet shop is?

Never seen LPS but it looks fun, I was thinking more of a reboot of the franchise entirely. Maybe CGI more realistic styled ponies in a live-action environment, maybe a movie remake of Rescue at Midnight Castle but with Megan potrayed by an on screen actor and ponies like Firefly making a come back. Obviously with a redone script and all that stuff.

Idk I just think that would be so awesome