Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

~Rogue~

RECEIVED_

A particular tumblr blog has been posting several creepy pictures of Princess Luna, alone on the moon. Alone, these seem pretty creepy.

However, this in't just another 'Edgy' tumblr blog. These creepy posts have come with encoded messages. Over the past few days, me and several others on /mlp/ have tried decoding the puzzle. I'm not very educated in secret messages and decoding, but I do know a few clues that may get you guys started on a track to solving the puzzle, and maybe finding more about the story of Loona.

http://askloona.tumblr.com/

(May contain 2spooky4me images and videos)

The first thing I know of is the post of numerous 1's and 0's, which seems like binary. This however, is not binary, but some sort of ascii art.

The second thing is the radio transmission. This may seem like a creepy jumble of waves, but I believe it may be some sort of image that has been made into a sound signal. I've tried using a RX-SSTV decoder to turn the signal into a digital image, but I have had no luck.

Some of it I think is morse code, or maybe binary. I'm not very good with either of those, so I'll let you guys have a try.

- ../.. /. – –/- //— -./ .. … ./-/ .-.. .-.. .//- .-. — ..- -. -///.. ..-/ …///

I've also heard if you drag some of the things around such as the cresent moon, it will reveal secret messages and stuff. 

That's all

-Rogue

• Brohoof 1

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE...

On a more serious note, I tried decoding one of the binary posts, but the translator I used said it was too long. It must be said, some of the images on that blog are quite creepy, but I find them fascinating.

(edited)

This is the most straight forward Image I have gotten from the SSTV decoder so far, and I can tell that it is definately something, but I cannot tell what it is. I figure it might be the moon maybe, or another creepy black and white loona sketch. Who knows?

post-12971-0-71232500-1436529743.jpg

Edited by Rogue

(edited)

Holy Crap!

It's not the moon or a creepy luna drawing at all. It is some sort of typed up message. I have if it is from the Blog creator or Luna, but it is in face a typed message. Woah...

post-12971-0-09867400-1436532361.jpg

Edited by Rogue
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

tumblr_inline_nm8loqdp5r1t5jddd_500.png

the numbers seems to reveal this image

i see a pony in the middle and what seems to be a satellite dish at the bottom  no idea what it means though

~~~

now im curious on that message good job on finding it xD

Edited by Alto
  • Brohoof 2

The Arecibo message

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arecibo_message

It was basically a message created by a bunch of scientists that wanted to send a message to the most active part of space (other than earth.) It consists of 7 things.

1. The numbers one (1) to ten (10)
  2. The atomic numbers of the elements hydrogencarbonnitrogenoxygen, and phosphorus, which make up deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA)
  3. The formulas for the sugars and bases in the nucleotides of DNA
  4. The number of nucleotides in DNA, and a graphic of the double helix structure of DNA
  5. A graphic figure of a human, the dimension (physical height) of an average man, and the human population of Earth
  6. A graphic of the Solar System indicating which of the planets the message is coming from
  7. A graphic of the Arecibo radio telescope and the dimension (the physical diameter) of the transmitting antenna dish

This seems to be a ponified version of the Message. This not only shows that the ponies have different dna-structure to us, but it also shows that their system only has 3 planets, of which I guess the Sun, Their home planet, and the Moon, which Loona may be trying to contact us from.

I also took another gander at the Audio file thingy

TOP SECRET

EQUESTRIAN DEFENCE AGRENCY
C . S Canterlot

This document contains information of the "Nightmare Moon" Coverup. By direct orders of Princess Celestia, This article is to remain TOP SECRET. This covers aspects such as; Documents (1), Story (2), Members (3), Organizations (4), and Summary (4)

Princess Luna's Banishment is a Government Program, and shall not be taken as offensive, but for safety reasons taken up by EDOD (?).

This Document is protected under s.e 4.4.3, and unauthorized personell to view this document shall be [uNREADABLE].

- J. SEAHOOF, C. S CANTERLOT

The blog was also updated just a few minutes ago, so go check it out. It shows Loona using some sort of magic while prancing along and simply glancing at the camera. It is also 2/3

I'm afraid something big is going to happen. Like shes going to come to earth and kill us all.

post-12971-0-68701200-1436537982.png

• Brohoof 1

oh goodie more stuff to solve

i really should follow the progress on /mlp/ xD

i like the theory that loona is sending the coordinates for equestria :3

sig-3924071.tumblr_inline_nm8loqdp5r1t5j

the numbers seems to reveal this image

i see a pony in the middle and what seems to be a satellite dish at the bottom  no idea what it means though

~~~

now im curious on that message good job on finding it xD

This reminds my of when they converted nightmare moon back to luna, or for a better image, in equestria girls when they defeated sunset shimmer. The whole swirly rainbow thing seems to be there, just no other ponies who could have converted her. Or a pony hanging over a fire. 

• 8 months later...

yo askloona is the best ok

hi there im scratch its past four in the morning and im neck deep in ask loona conspiracy theories

ive been a fan of askloona since before the blog existed (it was previously http://loonadventure.tumblr.com/ hahahahaha arent i funny)

i was one of the people who brought back the gameboy, so, i guess that counts as bragging rights...? idk man i love this blog aight

anyways this thread's been sitting here dead for like ten years and thats stupid because the blog's still been updating we need to get on this

new developments as of late:

luna has been interacting with HUMAN ASTRONAUTS, meaning that either she's on earth's moon or the humans have found equestria's moon (i think it's the former)

one of the secret codes was a date, had something to do with the moon. what a surprise.

cmon guys they updated less than an hour ago!! between all of us we can super figure this mess out

ALSO:

tumblr_ntfa8cuLgd1rtkb9do1_500.gif

PROPERTY OF NASA 1961-72 THIS IS BIG YOU GUYS

ALSO THE CAPTION OF THE MOST RECENT POST IS "hadley" WHATS HADLEY I CANT TRACE IT TO THE MOON YOU GUYS i am tired

UPDATE UPDATE:

"hadley" seems to be in reference to Hadley Apennine ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadley%E2%80%93Apennine ) an area on our moon where Apollo 15 landed.

however, askloona has done something unbelievable: they've deleted their two most recent posts, including the "hadley" one.

as far as i'm aware, this is an entirely new occurrence. i wonder what it means...?

• 1 month later...

Holy hell. Did everybody see the latest post? They may have deleted the "Hadley," but they posted something much more valuable. Much more. I won't spoil it for anyone else, but it definitely confirms some things about the Nightmare, and adds a whole bunch more questions about the nature of the Moon.

I think this person who is doing this is a troll and needs to be reported.

I think this person who is doing this is a troll and needs to be reported.

• 1 month later...

eh, i dont see an issue with spoiling things.

we're decoding the posts, we need as much discussion as possible.

also sorry for replying late oops

ANYWAYS that was indeed a somewhat informative video... probably one of the most clear and concrete things we've gotten out of loona in a while.

i wonder what happens to those astronauts after she gits 'em.